PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing at the Swamp with MOO

miketsouth
10-19-2003, 07:14 AM
The video. Probably of little interest to most East Coast members, except to show the West Coast they aint got nothing like this, no matter how hot is stays. :D
15.7meg 3minutes
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/moovie1.WMV
Midi: Frank Zappa 'any kind of pain'
Organ: Hammond b4
Vibe: Edirol
Percussion: SantaCruz/Edirol
Bass: SantaCruz
Glitter Guitar: MikeT (cheep strat,Joe Barden pickups,POD processor,EMP700 FX)
Stuntmen: Bill Aumen(Moomawnster) MikeT PatT
Special thanks goes to Bill for re-acquainting me with this awsome location and providing the support to enable me to ski at least one last time this summer.
[ October 19, 2003, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: miketsouth ]

Moomawnster
10-19-2003, 08:18 AM
50 min download not bad .... pulling 15 mb was impossible last year ..... backwoods dialup stays hooked up now ! ...... I don't remember any "stunts" though .... guess I'll have to watch it .......

MANIC MECHANIC
10-19-2003, 09:07 AM
Very impressive! Mike, you are a very talented individual. Tim

Moomawnster
10-19-2003, 09:18 AM
There are many techniques for ending your ski run in less than 8 feet of water, This video shows 3 ... in order .... Mike displaying the "flail the surface" me doing the "skim the surface ski first " .... Pat with "Find The Bottom!" eek! and We had perfect water to push that ski ... :D
[ October 19, 2003, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Moomawnster ]

Dr. Eagle
10-19-2003, 09:43 AM
miketsouth:
The video. Probably of little interest to most East Coast members, except to show the West Coast they aint got nothing like this, no matter how hot is stays. :D
15.7meg 3minutes
Winterization at the Swamp with Moo (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/moovie1.WMV)
Midi: Frank Zappa 'any kind of pain'
Organ: Hammond b4
Vibe: Edirol
Percussion: SantaCruz/Edirol
Bass: SantaCruz
Glitter Guitar: MikeT (cheep strat,Joe Barden pickups,POD processor,EMP700 FX)
Stuntmen: Bill Aumen(Moomawnster) MikeT PatT
Special thanks goes to Bill for re-acquainting me with this awsome location and providing the support to enable me to ski at least one last time this summer. love Frank Zappa. But as far as the West aint got nothing like this...oh how untrue. The Sacramento/San Joaquin River Delta is huge, tree lined, and over 1000 miles of rivers, channels, canals, sloughs, just a buttload of water. With old swing span, center lift and bastille drawbridges, waterfront developments, funky little marina developments and "blue collar yacht clubs". It is nothing like the Colorado River scene which is good and bad. Lots of water, not many babes and water is not quite as clean. But it is going to be almost 90 degrees out there today...
http://rubicon.water.ca.gov/delta_atlas.fdr/pg10.gif

Moomawnster
10-19-2003, 09:53 AM
Yes ..... actually Doc thats the first thing that came to my mind when he said that .... HehHeh ... this spot is not useable most of the time and we caught a rare window to get that video .... :rolleyes: :D

Dr. Eagle
10-19-2003, 10:08 AM
Moomawnster:
Yes ..... actually Doc thats the first thing that came to my mind when he said that .... HehHeh ... this spot is not useable most of the time and we caught a rare window to get that video .... :rolleyes: :D EXCELLENT VIDEO!!! :D :D :D

miketsouth
10-19-2003, 11:12 AM
'But as far as the West aint got nothing like this...oh how untrue'
Dr. Eagle
I just got finished pulling my 'other' boat from the Lower Potomac. The Lower Potomac waterway was rated #5 of the top waterskiing waterways (read that in waterski mag last year) in the U.S.;
Bullshit.
Too much traffic, too much trash, too big so even a light wind can skunk your jeboat or ski trip. I would suppose the waterways you speak of are similar.
The water in the video was glass and absolutely desolate. I was really kidding about the water out west. Seen a little of it and some is very nice, just pullin you West Coast guys chain for the beating we are takin on the cold weather here.
I want to go to Moomaw lake with Bill. Now that sounds like some 'ski land'

miketsouth
10-19-2003, 11:15 AM
Moomawnster:
There are many techniques for ending your ski run in less than 8 feet of water, This video shows 3 ... in order .... Mike displaying the "flail the surface" me doing the "skim the surface ski first " .... Pat with "Find The Bottom!" eek! and We had perfect water to push that ski ... :D all under the title 'hotdogs fall down' :p

DaveA
10-21-2003, 10:37 PM
MikeT,
Loved the video. Just the thing before heading to bed at 234am! Working late.
Thank goodness for broadband.
Yes, you're a talented guy...
DaveA

Wet Dream
10-23-2003, 04:58 AM
Another nice video Mike!!

miketsouth
10-27-2003, 06:34 AM
Ripped from the sandbar topic 'Just wondering about this'
Drinkin Odouls like a couple of fools , trying not to get drunk while I'm skiing ......after awhile.... loosing my smile , the wetsuit's no place for peeing
Moo, buddie, didnt know you were so talented. Nice pros.
Got to work nites all this week. Next week indicates warm enough to do it again. See you been out couple of times since. I hit the lower potomac and burned 20 gallons few days ago, uncommonly smooth, went from national airport to tims at almost WOT.
mikeT

miketsouth
11-01-2003, 03:17 PM
Bunch of Doolies at the Swamp with Moo. Glassy water and talk about a beautifull sunset!!! And then the bright moon on a relatively warm, clear sky.
Another reason Rat didnt go today.
#57 My boat has reached its sun radiation limit for the year.

fat rat
11-02-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by miketsouth
Bunch of Doolies at the Swamp with Moo. Glassy water and talk about a beautifull sunset!!! And then the bright moon on a relatively warm, clear sky.
Another reason Rat didnt go today.
#57 My boat has reached its sun radiation limit for the year.
MikeT and Moo..........sounds as though you Gent's had another great ski trip, happy to hear. I'll try down loading later.
I didn't go boating, but I did go out.........had a blast just like I use to do in the past.:cool: