PDA

View Full Version : Harrisburg , Pa race!!!!!!!!

TE081
08-12-2002, 10:11 AM
Our new sportsmans classes are filling up with some hot lake/pleasure hot boats! Come to Harrisburg and get to run against another similar boat! If you ever wanted to race or just try it...come to Harrisburg Pa September 1st! Come on guys bring your stuff to Harrisburg! For more information call 215-672-2424

FlatRacer
08-19-2002, 11:13 AM
I'm assuming you run with the Delaware Valley Boat Racing Assoc. I used to run in the circle races at Harrisburg with the New Jersey Flatbottom Racing Association. Nice site.
What kind of boat are you running?
Tell Tom Jamison, and Jimmy Impens I said hello!
Eric Tolnes :)
P.S. Have you heard the story about the Mod VP racer who drove his boat over the dam there?
[ August 19, 2002, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: FlatRacer ]

TE081
08-19-2002, 07:30 PM
was that you? FlatRacer:
I'm assuming you run with the Delaware Valley Boat Racing Assoc. I used to run in the circle races at Harrisburg with the New Jersey Flatbottom Racing Association. Nice site.
What kind of boat are you running?
Tell Tom Jamison, and Jimmy Impens I said hello!
Eric Tolnes :)
P.S. Have you heard the story about the Mod VP racer who drove his boat over the dam there?

FlatRacer
08-20-2002, 06:52 AM
No it wasn't me. I don't remember who it was, and I don't remember the whole story, but early in the day, someone came up to one of the regatta officials and asked if we knew where there might be another launching ramp dowmstream.
Apparently, while making the trip from the launching ramp on the island over to the pits by the steps, the Mod VP driver got lost, missed the warning signs, and proceeded to drive his boat at speed right over the dam! eek! Luckily, he wasn't hurt and even more amazingly, his boat was undamaged. There was enough water going over the dam that he didn't even bang up his lower unit!
Eric :)

TE081
08-20-2002, 07:12 AM
wow! I bet he was surprised!
FlatRacer:
No it wasn't me. I don't remember who it was, and I don't remember the whole story, but early in the day, someone came up to one of the regatta officials and asked if we knew where there might be another launching ramp dowmstream.
Apparently, while making the trip from the launching ramp on the island over to the pits by the steps, the Mod VP driver got lost, missed the warning signs, and proceeded to drive his boat at speed right over the dam! eek! Luckily, he wasn't hurt and even more amazingly, his boat was undamaged. There was enough water going over the dam that he didn't even bang up his lower unit!
Eric :)

FlatRacer
08-22-2002, 05:00 AM
Yeah, talk about a wake up call!

TE081
08-28-2002, 03:01 PM
Race with us in Harrisburg this weekend! All of the action will be in Harrisburg! http://dvbrc.com