PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE NOTE.....RACE CANCELLED!!!!!!!!

DansBlown73Nordic
06-21-2003, 10:57 AM
I just got a call from Ray aka (Hammerdown)The water leval is way up and expected to rise more over night....The races are ~~~~~CANCELLED~~~~
I hope everyone catches this note!!!!

HammerDown
06-21-2003, 05:44 PM
Thanks for posting that info....yep, we drove up to Sunbury 3 hrs one way...almost checked into the Motel and found out the Race had to be canceled...due to extream high and rising water 4+ feet! plus very fast current conditions. Also there was a lot of junk in the river.
To bad, the weather looked as to be clearing ...the Sun was even peeking out. Several of the Race Boats went ahead with the scheduled Boat Show.
Oh well, back to House Painting tomorrow yuk
[ June 21, 2003, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

HammerDown
06-22-2003, 03:42 AM
Painting ceilings suck :p ...sunny blue skys here :confused: >(thats odd)...I'd rather be at the race...if there was one. :rolleyes:

fat rat
06-22-2003, 04:13 AM
Will they reschedule the race? This weather is really starting to suck, we got pretty lucky for the most part at Anna.

HammerDown
06-22-2003, 07:26 AM
fat rat:
Will they reschedule the race? This weather is really starting to suck, we got pretty lucky for the most part at Anna. Nah...they just go on to the next one. There's only 2 left. One in Sunburry August 10'th and then Harrisburg august 31'st, I cant make that one.
And yes we were lucky to have the day time Sunshine for Anna...I peeled off 2 layers of burnt skin so far. eek!

Adrenalin
06-23-2003, 12:45 PM
Hammer, I am with you on the molting / peeling. It gives you that multi colored, textured, exotic look.

DansBlown73Nordic
06-23-2003, 01:26 PM
It is a real shame it was canceled. Alot of planning and prep work goes into a race. Im sure it also cost them some money to cancel. The weather has everything screwed up this year.
On another note if we get this much snow this winter..... :D I will be smiling... :p