PDA

View Full Version : BOTE3 results IMHO

miketsouth
06-15-2003, 09:57 AM
I cant speak for anyone else but i had a great time. I was not sure if i was going to be able to go so i just 'winged it'. Got there friday evening, left sunday morning. Stayed in the campground across the way. Several other jetters were camped there too.
This was my first participation in any of these events. I must thank all the old timers for making me feel at home. Special thanks to WET, HAMMER, and RAT (who had met me before) for tolerating me, again.
There was some nice, i mean REAL nice people and boats there. From all over. The food and the cook were exceptional. I never seen so much good food.
The rain threatened to mess everything up but the determination of that group to have a good time together put the rains' effort to shame. And did it rain. When the lights go out just a few miles from a NUCLEAR POWER PLANT, that some bad lighting. Saturday day was extremely nice, even considering it was the only nice day we had this summer.
I was treated like a king by all, but i cant remember names too much. I think WIDE had the Youngblood and spent some deal of time explaining things little know to men of my lineage, and i thank him. I seen jet hydros, blowers, intercoolers, snoots, and all kinds of stuff that i never seen before, but the coolest thing was WETS trip over the cove in the parasail. The guy managing that thing really did it fine. Oh, yeah, the automatic baffles.
I saw lots of cameras flashing and i hope there will be some pics coming soon. I may be able to wring some vids out.
I though that i might drink too much and embarass myself, but i had plenty of competition so i suppose i was not noticed. The most embarassing thing that happen to me was winning all the door prizes.
You guys sure have a good party. And i am proud to have been a small part of it.
mike

supersoaker509
06-15-2003, 01:27 PM
Despite the efforts of the weather, I had a great time again and I hope everyone else did also. I hope everyone has a safe trip home - enjoyed all the great company and look forward to the next BOTE. I would really appreciate any videos. Enjoyed pulling Wet Dream in the parasail. Loved the ride across the lake with all the other jets to the sandbar. Oh yea, and Dan's Cadillac :D
Have to admit yesterday's storm was a show. Would like to add a special thanks to Rat and Wet for the great job with the tee's. Really appreciate the efforts of all those that made this event work and to those that started the whole thing. Looking forward to Havre. See you all next time. :cool:

Cole 383
06-15-2003, 03:50 PM
Hey guys,
I'll third all of the above. It was nice to meet all the people that i have talked with on here for the last srveral months.
People great,party great,boats great,and lots of fun.
Thanks everybody
Later 383

Wetter the Better
06-15-2003, 07:01 PM
Hey everyone we had a great time talking to everyone. Wish we could have stayed for the pot luck cookout, but we had prior obligations. The rooster tails were great. I would like to thank Wet for the awesome t-shirts. I would like to thank Moomawnster for helping anchor the boat.We went and hid out in a cove for little while and we saw the BADDEST CAT at Lake Anna Saturday. Liquid Metal was at ANNA!!!!!! SO COOL!!!! http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/669Liquid_Metal_VII-med.JPG

miketsouth
06-16-2003, 05:50 AM
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/aroundfront.WMV
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/127TO311.WMV
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/blowermotor.WMV
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/campgrounds.WMV
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/MORNING.WMV
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/ratsmoch.WMV
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/watervalve.WMV
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/wethamnitro.wmv
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/youngblood.WMV
Ok, i got 13minutes total tape time. None at the cove. Very small clips...from 1 to 3 meg, average 1.5meg. This is what happens when you dont bring any tape for the camera and have to drive 50 miles to get some.
but thats all i got. I cant remember the names of most of the people but i remember the boats and the faces and how kind they all were to me.
Oh yeah, Hammer the teflon stuff i told you about is 'BoatUS marine teflon wax' I apply it over the wax i usually use (3m fiberglass cleaner and wax) which is very abrasive. As you saw, my gelcoat is just about shot, but i am still able to make it shine a little and, more importantly, keep the shine.

sleekcraft76
06-16-2003, 11:34 AM
man i can't explane how much fun jamie and i had.
everyone made us feel welcome and we hade such a blast wet, rat, and wideopen did such a good job putting everything together . we took 103 pictures and will post soon .and who ever did not make it hope to meet you next year or maybee at harve.
and you can't forget "BIG DADDY CADEY" jawdrop
[ June 16, 2003, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: sleekcraft76 ]

shirkey4750
06-16-2003, 02:09 PM
Just got everything unpacked, left Anna this morning, the sun was shining bright, fifty miles down the road we hit rain and it rained all the way home. For those of you who left Sunday, we had an awsome ride and play period Sunday evening and another potluck dinner at the pavillon at the lighthouse Inn. And yes I will buy Tabatha a set of signal lights for her and Bills boat prior to the next event(LMAO). Thanks to everyone for such a great event. Will post picturs later.

DansBlown73Nordic
06-16-2003, 02:33 PM
We also had a great time...Lots of super nice Boats....Great to meet some new peoples and see the old ones...Some are older than others... :D (Hammer) wink
It was a long ride home I think?......Val did most of the driving!!! sleeping
As far as Tabatha she owes me a new pair of underwear... eek!
I will be posting some pictures later. :D
[ June 16, 2003, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Dans66Stevens ]

MANIC MECHANIC
06-16-2003, 03:24 PM
Beverly and I had an uneventfull trip home, except for lots of rain and a small stretch of dense fog. We also had a great time meeting everyone,Good people and one of the best potluck dinners we have ever attended!It was great to see 066 and 857 again! Thanks to Wideopen for a very interesting ride! Shirkey, I did not know a hydro could do that! Dan, glad to know you made it OK and I'll get some measurements and a list of colors on those tops. We thank everyone involved for making this an enjoyable event that we will look forward to next year! Tim & Beverly :D

sleek
06-16-2003, 04:40 PM
Sounds like i missed alot at the lake. i was there for the day saturday but did not get a chance to meet anyone. i met everyone in the cove and had a BLAST watching all the blown boats blast up and down the cove. i would have liked to came down for the entire weekend but obligations elswhere kept me in MD untill saturday morning. i would have stayed the night saturday but had boat troubles that could not be fixed in the middle of nowhere like at lake anna. i hope to go to the event in md later this summer. by the way i was in the red sleekcraft with the bassetts that was ancored over to the side of the cove. i felt like i was joining the party a little late so i hung over to the side out of the way where i could get a good view of the action. SEE YA NEXT TIME!!!! wink

DansBlown73Nordic
06-16-2003, 05:18 PM
I saw you over on the side and wondered who you were.You should have said hello....

fat rat
06-16-2003, 06:28 PM
MikeT, it was great seeing you along with all the old and new .....glad everyone could take time out of schedule to join us. Hope you all had as much fun as we did. Thanx, Rat.

Wet Dream
06-16-2003, 06:34 PM
We had a fantastic time as usual. The weather played out in our favor for the most part, but Mother Nature let us know who was still on control. We got some great running in.
Shirkey, Rat, Wideopen, those are some hellacious boats you have there. I don't know if the grin from ear to ear is a sh*t eatting grin, or if my face is stuck that way from the wind. :D
Hammer, I'm tickled that you made it down bro. I've tried everything I know of get you to commit, but it took a final "on the spot" weather report to get you to there. Would it be pushing it to get you to go to Havre?? wink
Super, I don't know where you ran off to, but I never did get a chance to say bye, and thanks again for the ride. As always...FUN!!!
Miketsouth, had I known about your sleeping arrangements, Tab and I definately would have made room for you. One of the good things about this whole BOTE thing, is that we will always come up with a way to help someone. I'm glad you made it.
Dreamsicle, thanks again for making 4 trips out for this. One for the pontoon, one for the jet each way. Your boat is running strong, and its always good seeing you.
Wetter the Better, glad to see that you made it down, but you might want to check into a bigger anchor. wink It happens.
Sleekcraft, we had a blast with you and the "wif". She finally woke up after a couple of days. Hope you make it for Havre.
Sleek, you should have come over and talked to everyone. We don't usually bite, unless its at night during the BBQ, then all hell breaks loose.
Heck, I don't want to sit here and type all night, but everyone who was there did a hell of a job, the women and everybody for the food and dishes and cooking and cleaning. I think it was a fantastic year.

DerangedToo
06-16-2003, 07:04 PM
Hey Guys, I wish I could have made this event, but building a house has its priorities....Is havre de grace still happening??? I am so jealous......hey wet did u save me any T's????
deranged out....

Wet Dream
06-16-2003, 07:09 PM
Yes, I have T's mostly large ones left, let me know what you need, and also yes, Havre is happening on August 2nd, 2003.

DerangedToo
06-16-2003, 07:11 PM
Hey wet u still up??? call me!!!

fat rat
06-17-2003, 04:38 AM
Thank's to "Chef Wet" for dragging the grill and doing the cooking saturday nite in the tunnel of smoke. :D Wideopen's for thier cooking and gathering alot of the door prizes that were raffled out after the bar-b-q.....I know Mrs Rat had a blast with it. Blown Daytona, Hammer and Addrenlin for the ROTGLMAO :D cry fun. Dreamcicle for dragging 2 boats with 1 vehicle. :confused: Suppersoaker466 for his toys, can't wait to see the pictures, Kojac for inviting us over for some radar fun, Nittro for making a guest apprearence and everyone that had to tow in the rain. This can go on forever, it would not have been possible with out everyone that was there to support it......hope to see you at Harve.

Adrenalin
06-17-2003, 06:51 AM
BIG FUN! Thanks for inviting us. I know I am supposed to get back with Cole 383 & Manic Mechanic. The details are comming back slowly. Looks like everyone got home safe & sound. Thanks again for all of the effort & planning. Hope to talk with ya'll soon.
Jay

Moomawnster
06-17-2003, 07:27 AM
Thanks everbody for making it in spite of the weather forecast eek! .... I had a great weekend and I got to SKI! this time :cool: Thanks ,Dan & Val .. you rock ! :D
Moo ....

Roostertail
06-17-2003, 07:47 AM
I am glad everyone made it home safely. I truely had a great time and it was Great to meet everyone. Thanks for the Hospitality. I will definitely be back next year.
Terry

Wet Dream
06-17-2003, 03:55 PM
Dan we are even now. I did your foot on the first day.
I also showed you my headlights. LMAO
I wasn't scared, if you want a pair of underware let me know.
Wet's Wife Tabitha

wideopen545
06-17-2003, 05:34 PM
man had a great time met some new friends and saw some old ones
what can we say that has not been said were glad everone made it and for the ones who did not you missed a great event
i have around 500 pic of EVERYTHING
that happened will be posting them later
looks like were in for harva
see everbody their
tim and tina

DansBlown73Nordic
06-17-2003, 05:35 PM
My foot is doing very well...Thanks to Dr Tabitha wink

sleekcraft76
06-17-2003, 06:28 PM
dan don't forget your shoes for harve!!

blown daytona
06-19-2003, 12:30 PM
Everyone has already said it!!! Thanks to everyone who made this another great time to remember. I cant remember the last time I laughed so hard!!! When is next years?? I'll be there :cool: See everyone at harve

HammerDown
06-20-2003, 01:11 PM
Blown Daytona...your lucky I had so much anchor line out...or I'd ah showed ya something :D

hydro066
06-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Well, finally found some time to sit down and type something.
Had a great time at Anna. Long drive but well worth it (even for one day of sunshine). Got some doses of "speed fix" (thanks to 383 and Shirkey), had a fabulous meal Sat. nite, but best of all, got to hang out with a great bunch of people. I appreciate everything and look forward to next year
I've got a bunch of pics to post as soon as I figure out how (my computer skills are still hovering over the Flintstone era). Also, I want to see what Wideopen puts out. We probably have a lot of the same stuff.
Moo - you'll like this. When I left Sunday I reset my trip odo. I got home a little before midnite, unloaded my stuff and before locking up, glanced in to check my mileage. Strange feeling to look in and see 666 staring you in the face.
Adrenalin - Augusta is Jul 18-20. You better be there.
Later,
John

MANIC MECHANIC
06-20-2003, 05:33 PM
John, I hope you jumped back in it and drove it around the block real quick! LOL On a simular note, on the trip up to Anna (fri/13) while stopped to eat we watched a big black cat walk around under Tony's, Leland's and our boats! :( Tim

Moomawnster
06-20-2003, 05:40 PM
666 mi! I love it John ! those are my lucky numbers :cool: I am almost certain you get the "drove the farthest" award eek!
I think my pc could win the "crashs most" award :mad:
[ June 20, 2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Moomawnster ]

DansBlown73Nordic
06-20-2003, 06:08 PM
John, glad you made it home safe. It was great meeting you... wink

showfree
06-24-2003, 08:04 PM
Besides the mess up (sun). I had a wonderful time. Lots of food, good job guys! Although it did rain but didn't wipe us out. Lots of fun out on the lake Sunday. That was the best for me. My sunburn didn't hurt, nether did my head after Sat. smile_sp The lake was all to us boaters. If you seen the pic. We were taring up the lake. No truble from anyone, good thing! Just doing what we do best SHOWOFF!