PDA

View Full Version : I'm DONE

HammerDown
10-09-2003, 01:49 PM
Boating this Season that is!
Had my last of 3 days out on the River today, pretty much had the whole river to myself.
Fogged down the Motor when I got home...she kick and argued argue when I dumped the fogger down its grumbling mouth as almost to say(Hey A$$ hole, what are you doing up there :confused: We might get another day in the high 70's :cool: )...it took almst a full can of fogger eek! to but the beast to rest...but it didnt go down with out a fight.
My next head scratcher...
Do I pull the motor (again) now, and go after this pesky oil leak, then put it right back in?
OR, do I pull it, leave it in the house,fix it and then install it early next season?
OR, just go after it next season early?
Either way, this is how I feel yuk about that job.
On another note...I had a great time with all of you this past season smile_sp ...and Winter can't be short enough. :cool:
Or long enough for "wax boy" :D
[ October 09, 2003, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

fat rat
10-09-2003, 06:15 PM
Put her down easy for the winter......she'll thank you in the spring. wink
I heard the water splashing today.........sounded like someone was taking a bath. :rolleyes:

HammerDown
10-09-2003, 06:20 PM
fat rat:
I heard the water splashing today.........sounded like someone was taking a bath. :rolleyes: Water temp was tooooo chilly for a bath...can't get the "boys" wet eek! :D

blown428fe
10-09-2003, 08:10 PM
Hammerdown, pull motor and leave it in the house.thats what ive been doing for nine years.takes me about 20 minutes with air tools and beers. just my opinion.

QUICK270
10-10-2003, 07:56 AM
HEY HAMMER WHAT IS THIS WINTERIZING :D ALL I HAVE TO DO IS PUT THE WHOLE BOAT IN THE BASEMENT :p
AND I DID

HammerDown
10-12-2003, 01:19 PM
Darn...another mid 70's day idea . I could have got one more in :rolleyes:

miketsouth
10-12-2003, 01:21 PM
I could have. Worked instead on a video of me doin it. Now thats Gay. Catchin up to you guys.

blown daytona
10-12-2003, 02:40 PM
Im having false hopes that I will get one more chance before the winter to get out for that last blast. So far the last 3 weekends, were the best conditions to go boating (but that time has been spent putting my pier back together after Isabel) :( Soon reality will hit and I will have to put her down like you Mike. See you next year :cool:

Moomawnster
10-12-2003, 02:47 PM
The pier is more important ! :cool: I will get out a few more times but as you say "reality will set in " eek!

miketsouth
10-12-2003, 03:09 PM
blown daytona:
I will have to put her down like you Mike. :cool: mike aint puttin her down until it threatens to freeze. Dont think Moo is either. And next year is not soon enough.
I am just a fool not to have gone out today, instead of workin on the video. Problem: no one to enjoy it with.
I had a simply wonderfull time this summer meeting you all...pulled me out of a spiraling depression with nothing but a black pit at the end (like i said Hammer dont know shit about ropes, cliffs or knots).
Yes i got to ski some, the lack of which is what put got me there to begin with, but i got to meet some real (lots)great(er than me) people. No shit.
Dont let it end with the weather. Like i tol' Ray there is still beer, food and )jeramiah)weed wink
At any rate, i wish to see you and your wife again, or ANY of the other peoples i met this summer. Dont matter how long i got to wait, or what i got to do.
mikeT

shirkey4750
10-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Went yesterday, beautiful day, high seventies not a cloud in the sky. My wife and myself, Jay and Tera, PE 857 and his family. Jay and Teras neighbors Skiboo and Debby, they were at Anna. Boated all day, then had an awesome cookout at Jay and Teras. They live on the river and their neighbors skiboo amd Debby have their own ramp. Lots of good food and cold bevrages

DansBlown73Nordic
10-12-2003, 04:54 PM
You guys are really making me feel BAD... cry I put the boats away a few weeks ago because we had some 35 deg. nights. I look out at the window and see frost and get nervous. eek!
We had a great time with all you guys this summer. It was super seeing the old faces [some are older then others] eek! And the new ones.Im really looking forward to next summer.
Im looking forward to spending ThanksGiving with Shirkeys,and Jay and Terra.Im sure we will have a great Turkey Day. :D

Moomawnster
10-13-2003, 02:46 AM
HehHeh ..... a little tip from the mawnster , pull all plugs EVERY trip , clean boat EVERY trip . No forgetting this way and no frozen motors ! Oh yeah ..... I'll be making some SNOW boating pics this year ! Kinda like they do up there in Alberta ! :D

Racing Ray
10-13-2003, 03:09 AM
Geez
Our overnight lows have creeped all the way down to 82 degrees already. Guess I should be thinking about ?winter?