PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day Weekend Lake Anna 2003

Mrs. Dimarco Kid
08-14-2002, 05:01 AM
I was hoping someone could give me the name of the two hotels that were at Lake Anna. I can't remember them. Phone numbers will be great too. D. Kid is starting to worry about rooms being booked, so I thought I'd call and reserve our rooms. What days does everyone plan to be there??? Thanks Crew!!!!

blondebomber
08-14-2002, 06:56 AM
Leave us alone!!!!! Is it snowing up there yet.

Mrs. Dimarco Kid
08-14-2002, 07:15 AM
Oh you........eeeerrrrr!
No, it is not snowing yet! Just the opposite today...high 90's, high humidity and everyone is melting!

blondebomber
08-14-2002, 09:20 AM
So everbody is a red neck now.
http://www.annapoint.com/lodging.htm

Mrs. Dimarco Kid
08-14-2002, 10:33 AM
Red Neck, Red Cheeks, Red Arms and Legs.....just Red and Hot!
Thanks for the link to Anna Point Inn...you're not so bad afterall :)

Cole 383
08-17-2002, 03:49 PM
Hey Mrs D.
D. Kidd needs to get the boat and you down to some east coast races. Talking the high speed thing isn't nearly as much fun as lining up against some of the best. When you get there you will make some new and lasting friends. Us boat freaks like to stink together. His boat is looking good but it was built to race not to take pictures and put on the internet. So come on down.
Later PE383

Mrs. Dimarco Kid
08-19-2002, 06:51 AM
Well the boat is made to race, will be raced, will go to regattas, will have pictures taken and posted on the internet, will sit on our sand beach at our camp, and will do whatever else we intend to do with it! Once the boat is completed to our satisfaction and ready to do all that sort of activity, you can bet your ass it will be all over the East Coast doing all sorts of various things! Funny how you mention we could make some long and lasting friendships "if" we were to race our boat....especially since not too many people who race boats have made any contact with us until recently when pics were posted, and in the meantime we have already made many, many long and lasting and trusting friendships with people who do not race their boats and just enjoy getting together with others who just enjoy boats, whether we race or not, and whether we had our boat with us or not...that is the kind of friendships we are looking for....high speed or not!

Cole 383
08-19-2002, 03:45 PM
Hey Mrs D.,
I think you took my post wrong. I was just inviting you guys down this way as a friendly gesture. As for talking to you and D. Kidd, I have been talking to him since last winter and told him the same thing then. I'm a boat nut too,like all kinds, race or not. We would have liked to gone to the Lake Anna thing but we had a race that weekend. I do like to ribb people a little, don't mean anything by it. I hope to get to meet you and D. Kidd someday and be on friendly terms when we do. So please lets start over on a better note.
Later 383

fat rat
08-19-2002, 04:45 PM
Hey Mrs. D'Kid......did you figue out the motel stuff, if not let me know. Tell the Kid I said hey.

Dimarco Kid
08-19-2002, 05:41 PM
Hey Guys,
383, I see you met the Mrs!!! I think after 3 years of "Honey, I need a check for boat parts" has got her a little edgy! LOL She's pretty protective about "our" boat! I can't blame her, she didn't know who you were and you can plainly see all the "negative" crap about the boat has got her defenses up!
And yes, we will travel with the boat next year. It takes alot of money AND loyalty on BOTH our parts to do it. We are about 16 hours from ANYTHING! Getting time off from both our jobs and finding the funds can prove to be very challenging. I was reading the newest Drag Boat Review and saw an ad for drags in Ottawa, IL. Have you attended that event before? And yes, we will save a spot at the "grudge match" holding rope for ya! LOL
Rat, how you doin! Let my wife know when your ready for a new deck boat and that 21 needs a new home! Seriously!
And Mrs, settle down, it's okay, remember, this is a computer and no one can hurt me! If we were face to face, then I would stand behind you and watch the body parts fly. But until then, be nice and let's try to uphold MY badass reputation! LOL Love you more than anything,
KID
Bomber, I love you too! wink

Mrs. Dimarco Kid
08-20-2002, 02:46 AM
Okay, Okay....I see I was a bit mistaken yesterday as I read Cole's post...gee whiz! Who can blame me though with all the crap we've taken from some other posts! I do apologize Cole and honestly hope to meet you soon!!
D. Kid....you know darn well that "I" am YOUR Bad Ass Reputation! Love you too!
And Yes, Bomber...I love you too :)

blondebomber
08-20-2002, 03:04 AM
you mean old woman

Dimarco Kid
08-20-2002, 04:01 AM
blondebomber:
you mean old womanDon't be calling me OLD...look who just turned 45???

Mrs. Dimarco Kid
08-20-2002, 04:04 AM
Oopps, I posted that under D. Kids name....Anyhow, Bomber...I can be a mean woman when the need arises. OLD...never!Mean...Yes....just ask Mr. D. Kid!! HeeHee

TE081
08-20-2002, 07:18 AM
Hey we have been nice to you and have also invited you to Boat/race with us! And some of the people you hang out with race with us too! I dont think he meant it that way! Mrs. Dimarco Kid:
Well the boat is made to race, will be raced, will go to regattas, will have pictures taken and posted on the internet, will sit on our sand beach at our camp, and will do whatever else we intend to do with it! Once the boat is completed to our satisfaction and ready to do all that sort of activity, you can bet your ass it will be all over the East Coast doing all sorts of various things! Funny how you mention we could make some long and lasting friendships "if" we were to race our boat....especially since not too many people who race boats have made any contact with us until recently when pics were posted, and in the meantime we have already made many, many long and lasting and trusting friendships with people who do not race their boats and just enjoy getting together with others who just enjoy boats, whether we race or not, and whether we had our boat with us or not...that is the kind of friendships we are looking for....high speed or not!

Mrs. Dimarco Kid
08-20-2002, 07:43 AM
Ah, yeah...I already figured that out and have apologized to him and everyone else for misunderstanding the tone of his post. Ok? Enough said? Everything is said and done, no need to keep worrying about it now.

Cole 383
08-20-2002, 03:49 PM
D. KIdd,
I don't know anything about the Ottowa Ill. race. What association is it with? SLDBA just had a race in Quincy Ill last weekend and will have one in New Athen Ill. on Sep. 7&8. We are planing to go to New Athens. We have been doing that one for several years. Its a good race sight, great for spectators.
We're going to Hot Springs Ar. the end of Sept. to the 6.00 shot out. $10000 first place purse, thats something to shoot at.
Later 383

Cole 383
08-20-2002, 04:44 PM
Hey TE081,
Thanks for coming to my resque. She chewed me up pretty good haha. I owe you one Walt. How about I drop a bolt down Jamisons carb in New Athens? Oh shoot he does't have a carb does he? I know i'll give the 1\2 saturn a flat,that should slow him down. See you out there.
Later 383