PDA

View Full Version : Fourth of July

MANIC MECHANIC
06-30-2003, 12:25 PM
What are you doing to celebrate the fourth? Where will you be watching fireworks at? Were not sure yet, but will probably be up at Smith Mtn.lake. Hey Tim, Do they put on a pretty good show? Where is the best place to watch from? We hope everyone has a safe and happy fourth! Tim&Beverly :D
[ June 30, 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: MANIC MECHANIC ]

wideopen545
06-30-2003, 03:21 PM
were going to ohio this weekend smith mtn puts on a great show at the bridge water plaza or at hails fort bridge thats on state rt 122 at the lake come in from rt 581/220 rocky mount exit stay on 122 its about 33 miles to the bridge

DansBlown73Nordic
06-30-2003, 05:01 PM
We rented a cottage on Onieda lake for the weekend. It helps to have connections for a cottage on the 4th weekend at the last minute... eek! eek!

supersoaker509
06-30-2003, 05:23 PM
We will be starting our day with some water sports like air chair, parasailing. Then take in a nice dinner some were on the PAX RIVER - I'm open for idas for a restraunt if anybody knows of a place please let me know, thanks. Then head for solomons to watch fire works from the boats. Anybody else going to be out on Friday ?
HotRod? Blown Daytona? FatRat I know wrong tide sorry . LOL smile_sp

JOHNNYBEGOOD
07-02-2003, 03:38 AM
We are going to Deep Creek Lake for the weekend. Leaving out Thursday morning, and staying till Sunday.

blown daytona
07-02-2003, 01:12 PM
Hey Super Soaker, Ill be out friday afternoon. I think we will see Fat Rat out there Firday( I think his exuse book got used up :D ) I can recommend Stoney's on Broom Island, Sand Gates on the St.mary's side, Cape St.mary's(I heard they did alittle spruce up recently), plenty of places in Solomons. Im having a party after 5PM If you want to come over. Hot Rod said he will be out also, plus a couple of other friends we boat with. I think we may go to the beach again, or we may raft up somewhere if the beach is full. Ill look for the chute going by :cool:

fat rat
07-02-2003, 05:51 PM
blown daytona:
Hey Super Soaker, Ill be out friday afternoon. I think we will see Fat Rat out there Firday( I think his exuse book got used up :D ) I can recommend Stoney's on Broom Island, Sand Gates on the St.mary's side, Cape St.mary's(I heard they did alittle spruce up recently), plenty of places in Solomons. Im having a party after 5PM If you want to come over. Hot Rod said he will be out also, plus a couple of other friends we boat with. I think we may go to the beach again, or we may raft up somewhere if the beach is full. Ill look for the chute going by :cool:

fat rat
07-02-2003, 06:02 PM
blown daytona:
Hey Super Soaker, Ill be out friday afternoon. I think we will see Fat Rat out there Firday( I think his exuse book got used up :D ) I can recommend Stoney's on Broom Island, Sand Gates on the St.mary's side, Cape St.mary's(I heard they did alittle spruce up recently), plenty of places in Solomons. Im having a party after 5PM If you want to come over. Hot Rod said he will be out also, plus a couple of other friends we boat with. I think we may go to the beach again, or we may raft up somewhere if the beach is full. Ill look for the chute going by :cool: Woops.......I pushed the wrong button. Some of us are going to the dirt track for some Sprint car racing July 3rd. I'll be there fri., what time and where. I think "Blownfishnski" is launching with us. :D

supersoaker509
07-03-2003, 05:33 PM
I am hoping to be out around 11am. I will be between the bridge and battle creek. :D

Wet Dream
07-04-2003, 05:04 AM
What am I doing for the 4th? What the f**k do you think I'm doing for the 4th? I'm working on the boat. Thats all I've done this summer. Yes, still the carb, still the same old shit. I'm busting ass trying to get it to work, so I can load up the family and frieds and go to the river tonight to watch the fireworks. Last night I was in the dark with a F'ing flashlight trying to get the carb to work. Last year was turn key, this year is turn F'ing wrenches. :mad:
Have a happy 4th guys. wink

supersoaker509
07-04-2003, 08:49 AM
Dream - know how you feel - I am still messing with Mike's carb - that boat has only made the water once this year burningm
will be on the water SOMETIME today :rolleyes:

Moomawnster
07-05-2003, 12:27 AM
MOOtivation ! HehHeh ... I am heading out this morning for an early booming ..... WAKE UP ,CAMPERS!

HammerDown
07-05-2003, 04:02 AM
Dammmmm Bill, what seems to be the issue with your Carb??? its just a carb? Whats going on over there?

HammerDown
07-05-2003, 04:32 AM
supersoaker466:
Dream - know how you feel - I am still messing with Mike's carb - that boat has only made the water once this year burningm
will be on the water SOMETIME today :rolleyes: Don the only thing I saw wrong with Mike's carb was that the cork o-rings at the idle needles were literally falling apart. Everytime I cleaned out the metering blocks...black like "pepper" would shoot out. Now unless there may be a heavy float...I dont know. Have you tryed another carb on his motor? Or tryed that carb on your motor?
For the sake of not losing anymore Summer time boating. Just go buy another carb and try it.
Hope it works out....

Wet Dream
07-05-2003, 07:09 AM
HammerDown:
Dammmmm Bill, what seems to be the issue with your Carb??? its just a carb? Whats going on over there? Just a carb? Just the only thing that makes the engine tick. The the thing that KEEPS GIVING ME A RATION OF SHIT!!! :D
I'm running, but have to get a few things ironed out. Just a disappointing year for me so far. frown

miketsouth
07-05-2003, 03:11 PM
double post, lets see if this kills it
[ July 05, 2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: miketsouth ]

miketsouth
07-05-2003, 03:15 PM
miketsouth:
I decided to play it smart and stay around Washington, Disgusting City. Here are some pics of the fiberglass wall on the Potomac as it appeared around 4pm. All in all it warnt too bad a day, got some sun, went swimming, and went home before it got too messed up.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/4thpic1.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/4thpic8.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/4thpic15.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/4thpic16.jpg
LOTS OF THE BELOW(5-0)
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/4thpic13.jpg
LOTS OF THE ABOVE (badge banits)
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikejet/4thpic11.jpg