PDA

View Full Version : Winterized yet??

JetBoatN
10-21-2002, 09:00 AM
Just wondering how many of us "NorEaster's" are all winterized and stored? I put mine away this last weekend. Ya gotta hate this time of the year!

Wet Dream
10-21-2002, 01:17 PM
Block has been antifreezed and agitated, but I haven't oiled down the cylinders or headers yet. I'm hesitating because I don't know if I want to take the pump out now, or wait until I'm ready to send it out. Also debating on whether to take out the interior so it doesn't get molded. But yeah, its ready for its hibernation.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-21-2002, 01:26 PM
This "winter" you speak of, what is it??? :p

carreraelite
10-21-2002, 01:42 PM
Winter is when the tepmerature is below 70 degrees!!

blown daytona
10-21-2002, 03:35 PM
season is over here in southern maryland(high temps now in the 60's) unless your the blonde bomber. I look forward to the wide open passes he will make behind my house during the months of dec thru feb. that keeps me motivated while Im working on my boat.

blondebomber
10-22-2002, 02:35 AM
You can count on me.... :D

nitro557
10-22-2002, 06:54 AM
hey bomber did you use the bucket i left ya ?what did you think of it? :p

blondebomber
10-22-2002, 07:27 AM
All I say is thank you. The bucket was so useful. It took a minute to put in 4 gallons of antifreeze. Once again thanks for the help on Sunday, you made it look so easy.

nitro557
10-22-2002, 08:21 AM
your welcome ,thanks for not being like others in the group,be good :D

Jordy
10-22-2002, 10:30 AM
carreraelite:
Winter is when the tepmerature is below 70 degrees!!Is it 70 or 75? I kinda think of below 75 as winter weather.
Jordy :D
and this "winterizing" that they speak of??? :confused:

78Eliminator
10-22-2002, 10:37 AM
jordanpaulk:
carreraelite:
Winter is when the tepmerature is below 70 degrees!!Is it 70 or 75? I kinda think of below 75 as winter weather.
and this "winterizing" that they speak of??? :confused: Hey, what are you doing over here?

Jordy
10-22-2002, 10:41 AM
Reseach. Why are you following me? Stalking is illegal.

78Eliminator
10-22-2002, 10:43 AM
jordanpaulk:
Reseach. Why are you following me? Stalking is illegal.
Jordy :D Check your kitchen for the boiling rabbit.

Tahiti Owner
10-22-2002, 12:26 PM
My boat is still summerized even though we had a few below 32 degree mornings so far...You never know when we might have "Indian Summer" you know??? Until then I'm ready for any opportunity to get out on the water...well unless it snows of course then I'll have to take the sleds out! :D

Screaming Pete
10-22-2002, 12:27 PM
Has anyone seen my rabbit?? :confused:

Hustler
10-22-2002, 12:53 PM
Winterizing!!! Lets see I park the boat, clean the air filter on my bikes, change the oil in them put fresh gas in them and RIDE!!!
I think this year I might add something to my winterizing.
I'm thinking about making a trip to the river with the boat and the bikes :p

Hustler
10-22-2002, 12:54 PM
Screaming Pete:
Has anyone seen my rabbit?? :confused: If it was white I think I saw it in Jordy's kitchen :D

HotHallet
10-22-2002, 01:08 PM
My last big trip was Oct.11-14th to Needles Marina Park and the boat is in Bullhead in storage but I think when I go out to Vegas for the Sema show I am going to bring it home and start making some additions for the winter. Put on a diverter, re-bunk and wire the trailer and a few other odds and ends. There is possibly a few trips to local lakes in store but the river is done until around March.

JetBoatN
10-22-2002, 01:21 PM
I knew it wouldn't take long for all the CA's to come here and rub it in! I know you have a longer boating season than us and I'd love to take mine out a few more times, but I like my change of seasons also. Either way, it's all good!!
Hey, at least my beer is always cold! :D

Hustler
10-22-2002, 01:31 PM
JetBoatN:
I knew it wouldn't take long for all the CA's to come here and rub it in! I know you have a longer boating season than us and I'd love to take mine out a few more times, but I like my change of seasons also. Either way, it's all good!!
Hey, at least my beer is always cold! :D you know we may have a longer season but it does cost us more, shit we have to buy gas all year when you get 6 months off, we have to pay for ice to keep our beer cold when you guys get to scrap it off you boats :D

Liberator TJ1984
10-22-2002, 01:46 PM
We won't have to do that for a few more months Hopefully wink

Jordy
10-22-2002, 03:51 PM
Yeah, think of all the money you save. Way less time to break things. A motor that lasts 3 seasons out here will last you guys the life of the boat. Seems like a fair swap to me. Free ice is another great benefit.

Wet Dream
10-22-2002, 06:00 PM
nitro557:
your welcome ,thanks for not being like others in the group,be good :D Just remember this....you started the bullshit. Hey, how's "your" Anna gathering coming together? How many sponsors are on the list? Got a date set yet?????
[ October 22, 2002, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Wet Dream ]

nitro557
10-23-2002, 06:45 AM
with the lake as dry as it is theres no use in makeing plans for down there,have fun

Dimarco Kid
10-24-2002, 05:32 PM
Wet, how you doin? Man, it's getting cold up here! In the 20's at night and around 40-50 through the days. I like it, sledding is just around the corner. Take your interior out and put it in your house if your garage isn't heated. Don't take any chances, you gotta alot into that project. And, thanks for being like everyone else in the group!
Bomber, I tried on my cowboy boots, trying to be like you. They just don't get any traction in the snow! Did you see the new Ford Windstar minivan come in a "Harley" edition now! You could be almost as cool as Reiner but still be a family man.
D Kid

DerangedToo
10-24-2002, 05:42 PM
Hey Guys !!!
Greetings from sunny sarasota !!!!, My Checkmates not winterized, and it was 36 this morning when i left for the airport, Hope to be out in the gulf this weekend in my seaswirl with eggbeater !!, Hope all is well with all the BOTE people !!, Maybe when i get back to NY i will get one more ride b4 winter !!!
DERANGED OUT !

DansBlown73Nordic
10-24-2002, 05:49 PM
Cowboy Boots in the Snow.... eek! Say it ain't so. That would be a funny picture. Perverted Dennis The Mentice in a pair of Cowboy boots in the Snow!!!!!! eek! :D eek! :D

DansBlown73Nordic
10-24-2002, 05:52 PM
It was snowing here tonight....I really want to work on the boat all winter. We will probaly have more snow this year then the last ten years!!!! :rolleyes: If it snows I will have to lock up the keys to the sled!!! wink

Stupid Fast
10-24-2002, 06:43 PM
I have got to get a real heater for my garage. I hate when your fingers stick to bolts and your scarf gets caught in the belts checking timing.(only once but it was enough to teach a lesson :rolleyes: )

blondebomber
10-25-2002, 03:14 AM
D Kid
MINI VAN you need to quit talking to Rat. MINI VAN my ASS. Were getting a station wagon. One with wood side panels and a blown 460.

JetBoatN
10-25-2002, 06:02 AM
Here is my "Wish List" of stuff to buy during the winter:
1. New intake manifold (Weiand Stealth)
2. New headers (Lightning Manuf.)
3. Place Diverter
Here is the list of things I will actually buy:
1. Probably not a damn one of em!

JOHNNYBEGOOD
10-26-2002, 04:08 AM
Yep, All winterized, and in the back of the warehouse collecting dust till April. Took the docks out of the river last weekend. I guess the camper will come home soon also.
Winter Sucks!!!!

Moomawnster
10-27-2002, 12:14 AM
Winterize!? .... Hell I don't quit till I can skate on it ! All summer I drain the boat like it's the last trip ...... 37 times this year so far..... I may go today ! :p

fat rat
10-27-2002, 08:30 AM
37 times.............your my idle. :D :D :D I won't see 37 launches in 5 years! :( :( frown

extreme26
10-27-2002, 10:23 AM
u want to try the uk for crap weather always raining and ripped of on fuel.

Moomawnster
10-27-2002, 11:50 AM
Rat , it was a good year ... I made 40 launches last year.... but I was taking the boat to work with me ! Heh Heh .... :D

fat rat
10-27-2002, 12:39 PM
Moomawnster:
Rat , it was a good year ... I made 40 launches last year.... but I was taking the boat to work with me ! Heh Heh .... :D If I took my boat to work....no work would get done. :D

Moomawnster
10-27-2002, 03:07 PM
Oh well, speaking of work .... Time to go ! see ya'll next week !

VD CRUISER
10-27-2002, 05:18 PM
Winterized ? Hell we took the old cruiser out today for a 100+ mph blast. It felt really good with the air being a little cool.

bombboy
11-06-2002, 08:45 AM
I just moved here to Maryland last week from California. What do you do to your boat to winterize it? In California I just use it! It's starting to get a little cold for that though?
Advice?

blondebomber
11-06-2002, 11:26 AM
If you leave it out side get some pink pluming antifreeze from wal-mart and pump it into the block and where ever else water might get. I leave mine inside so I do nothing. What kind of boat do you have. And welcome to Maryland

blondebomber
11-06-2002, 11:32 AM
bomboy wher do you work at

bombboy
11-06-2002, 12:32 PM
Hey Bomber,thanks for the advice. What about the little bit of gas that is still in the tanks/carb?
The boat is stored outside but it has a custom cover and also a tarp over it. The boat is a 76 Charger daycruiser with a 455 olds (semi-stock). It's not very fast but it's fun to ski & wakeboard behind. I would post a picture but some asshole in Texas thought it would be cool to break the window in my suburban and steal my digital camera among other things.
I work at Indianhead NSWC. Where do you go boating/skiing? I saw the pic's of Lake Anna last summer,looks fun!
Bombboy

fat rat
11-06-2002, 06:22 PM
bombboy:
I just moved here to Maryland last week from California. What do you do to your boat to winterize it? In California I just use it! It's starting to get a little cold for that though?
Advice?Hey Bombboy.......where did you get your name,j/k.......... welcome to the East. :D

HammerDown
11-06-2002, 09:09 PM
Bomb Boy, run some fuel stablizer thru the motor for at least 15 min. I'll fog down the running motor for a few minuites...remove all the spark plugs, spray in cylinders with either fogger or squirt some light oil in. Turn motor over a few times, then just finger tight the spark plugs. With a can of WD-40 I'll spray down the carb, manifold, headers ...the whole motor. Keeps the winter frost bite away! And cover it up, next spring, it will look as good as the day ya put it to bed. As stated above blow out all standing water from water lines...and when everything's tighend up...dump a few gal's of antifreez down the thermostate housing to fill the block. (use a 70/30 mix). Something else I do is back off all the valve adjustments...keeps the valve springs healthy for there time down.
Purge the pump bowl with clean gear oil and remove the standing water from the bowl veins...wd-40 the back of the pump and place diverter, wrap em up and they will also look great for next season. One last tip...spray the trailer tires with protectant then cover with a dark plastic trash bag...stops dry wall rot from xeposure from the sun. I remove the starter and alt. No need for them getting the chills!

blondebomber
11-07-2002, 06:10 AM
or you can just store it at Rat's place

fat rat
11-07-2002, 05:17 PM
blondebomber:
or you can just store it at Rat's placeFunny Bomber :) .......but the heat is on.

Dimarco Kid
11-07-2002, 06:09 PM
Winterized? Up here we don't winterize! We fallrize! Shit freezes in the fall, let alone the winter. The best course of action is to move South, it solves alot of problems!
D Kid

fat rat
11-08-2002, 04:14 AM
Dimarco Kid:
Winterized? Up here we don't winterize! We fallrize! Shit freezes in the fall, let alone the winter. The best course of action is to move South, it solves alot of problems!
D KidD'Kid.......you mean summerize, since most of the time it's winterized. :D

Tahiti Owner
11-11-2002, 06:34 PM
Ok I finally winterized my boat 2 weekends ago and here this weekend I knew it...it was 75 out!!!! See what happens when you winterize to early???

HammerDown
11-11-2002, 06:54 PM
Just a better reason to do a blast on the Harley!