01-10-2003, 10:06 AM
Official Social Gathering Info:
February 1st, 2003
6PM to 9PM
Richbrau Brewing Company
1214 E Cary St
Richmond, VA 23219
Phone: 1-804-644-3018
www.richbrau.com (http://www.richbrau.com) can help you with directions.
Hotel Info:
YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE RESERVATIONS YOURSELVES!
Ask for the BOATER PARTY Discount Rate.
Crowne Plaza Hotel
555 East Canal Street
Richmond, VA 23219
Phone: 1-804-788-0900 and ask for Reservations
www.crowneplaza.com (http://www.crowneplaza.com) can help you with directions.
(Richmond International Airport is the closest airport; 15-20 minute cab ride away.)
Rooms are $79.99 a night. (Not bad at all for Downtown Richmond).
You have a choice of Standard King or Standard two Double beds.
Also, rooms to include Breakfast for Two on Sunday Morning in the Hotel Restaurant at the All American Buffet are $99.99. (Same choice as above, but only breakfast for two.)
These rates are good if you want two nights as well.
There is going to be a $7 charge to park at the Hotel (they say the garage will fit 4WD trucks on the first floor), but…
…the Hotel will have FREE Shuttle between the Brewery and the Hotel. We will have a shuttle leave the Hotel at 5:45PM on Saturday, to head to the Brewery. Periodic shuttles can then be scheduled for groups leaving the Brewery later on that night. The Brewery is only about 7 blocks from the Hotel anyhow.
Additional Details:
Unfortunately, since this is a Microbrewery, there will be NO ONE UNDER 21 allowed to attend. This is not my rule, and I am very sorry if this inconveniences any of you. This is the wonderful Virginia ABC we have to deal with.
As of this minute there are 92 people+ confirmed. We need 100 to make everything work out. Admission is going to be $16.00 per person. With each paid admission, you will receive a name badge, which will be your ‘ticket’ to eat the appetizers. This has been arranged to be “heavy hors d'oeuvres” which should be enough for everyone to fill up on. If you want additional meals and of course drinks, this will be on your own tabs. With your paid admission, paid at the entrance to the reserved area (West Wing) for our gathering, each person will receive a doorprize ticket. Additional doorprize tickets will be available for $1.00 each. Doorprizes will be given away throughout the 7PM to 9PM timeframe. As of right now we have already received or have on the way/promised these doorprizes:
OffshoreOnly.com gear
½ Day of Batboat Race School donated by Reindl Powerboats
Poker Runs America gear to include a $200 jacket
Hawk Power gear
Freezeframe Video DVDs
Active Thunder gear
Aqua Toy Store gear
Custom made gear from Phoenix Apparel
Offshore Performance gear
CBPBA gear
Chief Engines gear
BAM Marine gear
Maryland Offshore Performance gift certificate
Outlaw Motorsports gift certificate
The Richbrau Brewing Company and the Crowne Plaza Hotel are both eager to host us. They have both been gracious to help put this together. Be sure to bring a 4x6 picture of your boat you are willing to part with. We are going to take these photos and make a photomontage of the boats, along with individual Polaroid snapshots of each corresponding party. We did this last year to commemorate the event, and it really turned out nice. Have this ready when you come in; so it can be done when you pay your admission.
Even though our reserved area ends around 9PM, the Brewery basically turns into a full nightclub, with bars, dancefloor, and pool tables (we have three in our reserved area). There are other bars and nightspots in the “Slip” area of Downtown Richmond. Locals, especially of the Richmond Powerboat Association will be on hand to help out with recommendations if needed.
IF YOU HAVE NOT RSVP’d to OSOBoaterParty(at)aol(dot)com, you may still do so up until 21 JAN 2003. If you are going to RSVP, please tell me how many people will be attending with your party. I do this because I have to finalize the food and attendance counts for the Brewery 10 days in advance.
Go Karting:
There has been significant interest in the Go-Karting night near Dulles, VA. A list will be created from those who have already responded, and those who become interested, to coordinate this in the near future.
If there are any questions, please use the above address to ask.
Brian

Sydwayz
01-14-2003, 12:56 PM
ttt

Sydwayz
01-22-2003, 10:17 PM
News and Notes
1) Dress is casual. Wear your Boater related shirts and gear.
2) Remember to bring a 4x6 picture of your boat you are willing to part with for the photomontage. Please have this available when you come in.
3) The Richmond Power Boat Club has invited everyone to congregate at The Tobacco Factory Restaurant at 3PM on Saturday to "prime the pumps" before the OSO Gathering. This is a separate informal gathering in the bar/restaurant area.
http://www.thetobaccocompany.com
(It is across and down the same block from the Richbrau Brewing Company; walking distance.)
4) Entry fee for the OSO Party is going to be $16.00 per person, payable to our entrance "staff" on the SECOND FLOOR of the Richbrau B.C.
5) If you have a cue stick, you can bring it; we have three pool tables, and their "club" space reserved for us, to include a terrace-seating area.
6) We have 120 people confirmed, with a bunch of tentative folks still working on their schedules.
7) Garage clearance at the Crowne Plaza Hotel is 6'7" for those of you coming with trucks/SUVs.
8) We have a shuttle scheduled to leave the Crowne Plaza Hotel at 5:45PM, heading to the Richbrau B.C.
9) Unfortunately, since this is a Microbrewery, there will be NO ONE UNDER 21 allowed to attend.
10) Everyone will be issued a single door prize ticket with your paid admission. Anyone who wishes to purchase additional door prize tickets can be purchased for $1. (Door prizes are still being donated. They will be available at the party to determine if you want to up your chances.)
11) You can still RSVP if you have not done so already, but please do not just show up without letting me know. I want a handle on how much more food I can/should purchase. Singles and Couples are welcome.
12) There has been significant interest in the Go-Karting night near Dulles, VA. A list will be created from those who have already responded, and those who become interested, to coordinate this in the near future.
13) My offer still stands… I will personally buy the entry fee and drinks of the 3 farthest traveled OSO Members;(including your S/O) attending.
14) This is going to be a great party. Please travel safely.
15) If there are any questions; please contact me at this email address: OSOBoaterParty(at)aol(dot)com

Sydwayz
01-28-2003, 03:23 AM
Up to 150 people attending now.