PDA

View Full Version : Just totaled my truck

MANIC MECHANIC
02-12-2003, 09:09 PM
I just drove 1/4 mile down the road from my house to pick up carryout from Bob Evan's. Was sitting at the red light waiting to turn left when some lawyer from south carolina hit me from behind at about 50 miles an hour knocking me into the truck in front of me! I have all the luck don't I? I wish I had eaten hot dogs at home!!! eek! Tim

JetBoatRich
02-12-2003, 09:21 PM
That Sucks :o

DansBlown73Nordic
02-13-2003, 02:31 AM
I hope your ok?

stump
02-13-2003, 04:24 AM
You sound pretty lucky o me at least you got hit by a lawyer and not a mexican in a 25 dollar car with no insurance.So what's the new boat and tow rig going to be ?Hmmmnn

MANIC MECHANIC
02-13-2003, 12:07 PM
Actually I felt fine last night, but am starting to get pretty sore today,with a killer headache. The guy that hit me, I'm sure, is going to be pretty bruised up from the airbag going off ,but he's ok. I'd hate to think what kind of shape he'd be in without the airbag though. As for my truck,it is now arched up in the middle visibly, the receiver hitch is pointing straight at the ground along with that section of the frame. And of course the whole front end is smashed up too.Totaled without a doubt. Thanks for your concern. As for the new tow rig and boat, we'll just have to see how the cards fall. Hey stump, hook me up with a good Merc OB repair shop in your area! Tim :D

superV
02-13-2003, 12:48 PM
Sorry to hear that. :( Good Luck... Im not sure if the lawyer thing is good or bad? :confused:

mbrown2
02-13-2003, 04:25 PM
Glad to hear you made it out ok....and agree with SuperV, not sure if getting hit by a lawyer is a good thing or bad thing...

stump
02-14-2003, 08:40 AM
As far as mercury goes all i can say would be talley motors bill talley the owner is one of my customers,hell of a nice guy, and as far as i know is the mercury place 704-892-8555

MANIC MECHANIC
02-14-2003, 08:58 AM
Thanks Stump! I will give them a call. I'll get in touch with you when I get ready to bring this boat down to be repaired, it's going to be awhile now though. burningm Maybe we could get together for lunch? Tim smile_sp

Freak
02-17-2003, 05:45 AM
How much you wanna bet the idiot lawyer was on his freek'in cell phone.

MANIC MECHANIC
02-17-2003, 06:56 AM
That or looking over at the restaurants/motels! The rental car was insured by Progressive, I talked to them today and it looks like they are gonna be pretty easy to work with. At least on the truck! Tim smile_sp

partyfever
02-17-2003, 10:06 PM
Well one good thing doesnt sound like you were towing your boat.
c ya
p.f
[ February 17, 2003, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: partyfever ]

MAXIMUS
04-11-2003, 07:58 PM
Hey Barney you really need to get a life??? Sneakin around like this!!! lmao touche` :)

Cas
04-12-2003, 08:32 AM
that sucks MM!
One word of caution, don't sign off on any medical stuff right now, especially anything to do with your neck and back.
A friend of ours was rearended a few years ago, went to the Dr to have things checked out. The Dr said other than a "little" whiplash, she was ok. Almost a year later, she called my sister and said she had a wierd feeling when she sneezed "thought her head was going to fall off".
Turns out she had a hairline fracture in her neck, ended up in a head brace for 6 or 8 months.
Problem was she signed off on the medical release and didn't have a leg to stand on.
Get a good thorough check up.
Just noticed when you originally posted this, hope everything turned out ok!
[ April 12, 2003, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Cas ]

MANIC MECHANIC
04-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Doing well, and yeah I know what you mean,can you say MRI? I can> Thanks Cas. smile_sp Tim