PDA

View Full Version : Lake Anna Pull-Off

Wet Dream
04-02-2002, 04:57 PM
That's right folks, its the Lake Anna Tug-of-War contest.
Do you think your boat can pull as hard as you think it can? Is you drive system set up to optimal performance? Well here is your chance to put your $$$$ where your mouth is. Separated by a 100' long strap, you and another boat will pull its strength to see who can out pull the other guy. This will be be set in brackets like any other drag racing fashion and the more you win, the further you go. The entry fee is a mere $5, at least you will get something to help with any repairs if you win. All you have to do is move the other boat backwards 15' to claim the win. If you win, you advance to the next heat. Good luck guys, sign ups will be somewhere around the area.
I hope you guys don't think this is a serious competition. See you in 2 months, 6 days and counting!!!!!!

DerangedToo
04-02-2002, 06:46 PM
Now Thats Funny!!! before I could get to the end of that post I was trying to figre out how the looseing boat wasnt going to be under water in 15 feet of going backwards....
Good thing you clearified that for me...LOL i think its time for bed....how many more days till lake anna??

Moomawnster
04-04-2002, 03:41 AM
Well , I would certainly lose the pull but who could resist putting the roost up ? Heh Heh .....

flattie
04-04-2002, 06:09 AM
some body film this because I smell disaster. At least ones boat is going to sink & someone is going to break somthing. I would like to see this!

froggystyle
04-04-2002, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I have a vision problem with this one... I don't see it happenning.
A) Broken rope... Big time
B) Torn out transom hooks
C) Bent ski pull
D) Soaked boat/motor when the jet guy "accidently" diverts
E) Swamped boat from getting dragged backwards
Still, if you do it, I'll buy the video...

Moomawnster
04-04-2002, 10:18 AM
Every year I pull several large logs out of lake moomaw, last year I got a nice 40 footer at least 18 inches diameter, anything over idle at minimum thrust was alarming! we do not have tug boats... Eh ?

shirkey4750
04-04-2002, 04:46 PM
Hey Moomawnster that wasn't a log, that was my and the wifes cruiser you pulled away with. We went for a swim and the next thing I know some guy was pulling our cruiser to bank. Had to swim all the way back to the ramp. Wife will probaly have a few kind words for you at Anna. Do you still have the cooler that was tied to it? If so bring it to Anna. (full)

Moomawnster
04-04-2002, 11:17 PM
Sorry about that , I guess the green moss paint job fooled me,also I didn't know they left the bark on when they built wooden hulls......anyway the 3ft catfish is still in the cooler, so it will be full! Oh Yeah if you were swimming in moomaw in April you get the penguin award for bravery! .... LOL .......

Moomawnster
04-05-2002, 02:36 AM
Is this your boat Shirkey!?
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/Bird_on_a_loga.JPG