PDA

View Full Version : Who's Ready?

737jetmech
03-25-2003, 07:25 PM
With the weather getting better here in the northeast who has there rig ready for the water?
If your not ready ... what do you have to do to be in the water?
Just have to install the engine cover on the Wellcraft and the Liberator is ready. wink
[ March 25, 2003, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: 737jetmech ]

blondebomber
03-26-2003, 04:46 AM
I got mine ready last weekend

wideopen545
03-26-2003, 08:49 AM
just need to reseal around the pump and were ready to go

miketsouth
03-26-2003, 02:55 PM
Well, i should REPLACE my old '81 bowrider with a BRAN NEW SEARAY (yeah, what you said Nitro, its KILLING ME).
Should be able to take the antifreze out of the jetboat and drop it in the water, adjust the cooling valve for the water temp and go.
Going to do the usual to the old faded, cracked gelcoat...couple of machine grindings with red, white, then couple of coats of teflon wax and it dont look too bad from a distance (of about a football field).
Oil still clear, maybe clean up some electrical connections, see if i really need the ballast resistor on the pertronics and fix a small tear in one seat.
Oh yeah, replace the plastic transom adapter with a nice aluminum one that Nitro gave me before some shit happens and the thing sinks again.
The trailer is another thing. Pretty shot up. Tires dryrotted to hell, bunks need adjusting. Lights work most of the time though.
Typical low-dollar boat stuff.
"when the engine stops suddenly, dont think about where you gonna get another one...quickly get up on the bow such that the wash dont flood and make you happy you left the foam in it"
Probably wont even start on it for a couple of weeks. I save all my vacation to work on the boats. Now that the kids are grown and have distanced themselves from me and my waterskiing i have to look elsewhere. It about did me in last summer, but i have met some new people like Hammer, Nirto, Bomber, RiverRat, Jetmech, Wide and others that promise a great summer, if i can keep up.
mike
[ March 26, 2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: miketsouth ]

nitro557
03-27-2003, 05:41 AM
mike
youll do just fine keeping up,ill be down at the in the boonys shop sunday if you want, come on down

Tahiti Owner
03-28-2003, 04:36 PM
My water is still frozen!!!!

blown daytona
03-30-2003, 04:22 PM
Im ready, just waiting for slightly warmer temps.
I thought I would see the bomber & rat make a pass by now (in bombers boat of course,Rat hasnt applied the 50th coat of wax yet)The new teague XR drive is installed & cosmetics are done(hate to get it wet)See everyone at Anna!! :D

blondebomber
03-31-2003, 06:57 AM
You don't know how bad I want to get out. You'll here me real soon. :D

bulldogdad
03-31-2003, 02:40 PM
if my boat is ready buy aug. it will be a miracle. btw,do any of you guys know of a reasonable upholstery shop around the baltimore area?

737jetmech
03-31-2003, 09:09 PM
bulldogdad:
if my boat is ready buy aug. it will be a miracle. btw,do any of you guys know of a reasonable upholstery shop around the baltimore area? Reasonable...hmmm??? No!

HammerDown
03-31-2003, 09:50 PM
bulldogdad:
if my boat is ready buy aug. it will be a miracle. btw,do any of you guys know of a reasonable upholstery shop around the baltimore area? I found someone that was a lot less than the prior shops I went to...but he's up here in the Philly area. They should be done in a few weeks...I hope!

fat rat
04-01-2003, 12:49 PM
blown daytona:
I thought I would see the bomber & rat make a pass by now (in bombers boat of course,Rat hasnt applied the 50th coat of wax yet)The new teague XR drive is installed & cosmetics are done(hate to get it wet)See everyone at Anna!! :D

fat rat
04-01-2003, 12:52 PM
blown daytona:
I thought I would see the bomber & rat make a pass by now (in bombers boat of course,Rat hasnt applied the 50th coat of wax yet)The new teague XR drive is installed & cosmetics are done(hate to get it wet)See everyone at Anna!! :D I quess I got 48 coats to go........but in the mean time we are gone on a much over do vacation, see you next week. :cool:

bulldogdad
04-01-2003, 02:52 PM
ok jetmech,who's unreasonable. i believe daves is supposedly pretty expensive,but if quality is there i won't mind workink a couple extra weeks eek!

737jetmech
04-01-2003, 03:37 PM
bulldogdad:
ok jetmech,who's unreasonable. i believe daves is supposedly pretty expensive,but if quality is there i won't mind workink a couple extra weeks eek! I use Keenan's Marine Canvas & Upholstery in Elkton 410-392-2901 .He does very nice work and charges a fair price.I've found about all the places charge within a couple hundred of each other.Although most of my work was done around the holidays when the shops are some what slow.Seems they charge about $50. per hour for labor.
John Keenan is also a great person to deal with and gets the jobs done in a reasonable time frame.
[ April 01, 2003, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: 737jetmech ]