PDA

View Full Version : Ya got get Pissed When>>>>

HammerDown
02-25-2003, 01:08 PM
>>> ya get a written estimate to redue 2 buckets and a bench...then ya have to dig out around the boat from almost 5' of snow...then ya load up the seats in the truck...then drive to the upholstery shop...and the owner says " ya know I just did a seat pattern like that, and I'm going to have to add $500.00 to your :D job"...WTF eek! !!! Did this retart really think I was going to say, OK I'll just bend right over for ya there pal!
Sure, I'll pay that when Pigs Fly> pig_flyi
Soooo back in the boat the seats went... yuk
Who knows...it may be a Harley kind of summer anyway idea
[ February 25, 2003, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

miketsouth
02-25-2003, 02:12 PM
If poorly upholstered seats could stop me from runing my boats i would have NEVER been able to get out on the river.
Truth: I really looking forward to this summer and seein' you out on the water
miketeast

HammerDown
02-25-2003, 03:11 PM
Thanks Mike...my seats arnt that bad, just thought I'd have them redone...and for the price I was quoted!
Looks like the moneys going to new seats for my 81 Vette... there the fella wont try to burn me.

HammerDown
02-25-2003, 07:54 PM
I here ya Keith...I'd also be pissed if the price went up after he had my seats...However the writen estimate meant nothing today...he wanted 5 hundred more to do the job...because he said he didnt make enough on a prior job that also had a lot of detailed stitch work and fancy cuts in it. Sorry, but thats just a little to much of a jump for me. One guy wanted almost 4000.00 eek! can ya belive that!
Guess he was suffering from Heat Stroke when he first saw my job, ya think he would know how to bid a job by now. Oh well Beach towels again for seat covers.
[ February 25, 2003, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

737jetmech
02-25-2003, 08:25 PM
I know a couple people that may donate matching "Beast of the east" tank tops to cover the front seats. :rolleyes:

Moomawnster
02-26-2003, 02:33 AM
Hammer I swear It seems like every single thing I buy or agree to is a lie or a scam ..... my goal is to find and deal with only reputable people , not an easy task ...... uh, ok ... impossible! :(
But ... don't give up on the water man!
Moo ....

kojac
03-06-2003, 12:05 PM
Hammer,
We need to post loudly on all the forums about the bad deals or switch and bait artist. Name names and business that are bad. Maybe we can put them out of business by banding together and just not giving them our business.
On the other hand give loud credit to the vendors that give good service at fair and stated prices. Just my nickle's worth. I've been through it over and over. Just went through it with Jet hot coatings. They quoted me one price and when I called to inquire about my headers they said it would be $150.00 more becaused they had to strip the chrome off the headers. They were informed upfront about the blue chrome on the headers.Why did they think I was having them hotcoated? go figure.
Kojac... burningm

kojac
03-06-2003, 12:16 PM
Hammer,
Maybe we ought to start a list and rate the vendors. the good guys and the bad guys. How would we do this. How do we rate them. This way all the boaters could check the list prior to doing business with them to see how they rated and what kind of service could be expected.
point system? In catagories for service, quality, reputable, sticking to quotes, etc. 1 to 5. 5 being the best. Would it work? Hey maybe we could also post what parts work and don"t work.
Maybe I'm just fired up. :mad:
Think on it.
Kojac...

HammerDown
03-06-2003, 02:11 PM
I here ya Kojac...I've herd from a few other boaters and this upholstery shop pulled the same stunt...but just this season for some reason???
The problem is around here there's only 3 places that do Boat Seats/Canvas, so they dont have to be that competitive...not like out West or even further South where thers probably someone on ever corner.
And trust me I have NO problem paying a person for there services and a job well done...but at least know how to bid a job...and stick with it!
So for me it's Beach Towels over the seats this Summer. :rolleyes:
At least this summer my Corvetts going to have new mail order Leather seat covers W/ new foam > :D
[ March 06, 2003, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

HammerDown
03-14-2003, 12:55 PM
Well my seats got droped off earler...made clear how I wanted them done and he said no problem, you have nothing to worry about....and I have a written receipt stating "3pc. Boat seats W/Fabric" W/ a warranty, for the price quoted... 2-3 weeks. Hopfully there will not be any of> argue
[ March 14, 2003, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]