PDA

View Full Version : Err, Where's Lake Anna?

jim lee
05-24-2003, 08:02 PM
I'm new at this east coast stuff. I keep reading about Lake Anna and I was just wondering if it might be close enough for a daytrip. So.. Where is this Lake Anna? What state? Where?
Thanks Millions!
-jim lee

Wet Dream
05-24-2003, 08:12 PM
Lake Anna is located in Virginia, southwest of Washington DC, about 75 miles or so. It has over 200 miles of shoreline. It is located in Spotsylvania County. If you see highway 208, the bridge crosses it.

bulldogdad
05-26-2003, 04:39 AM
jim,your not far from me! vacation day's fall the same weekend as anna! but it's not that far a drive to see some great boats. hopefully the weather will be better than it's been!ruined my weekend plans for my transom repair and my motor will be here in 2 weeks.ah the frustrations of being a boatowner

jim lee
05-26-2003, 05:30 PM
Neat Lake!
Drove out yesterday, found a room and spent the night. Would be fun to go boating on it. Not all that many people out on the water. Looks like a lot of lake to explore. Thanks for the tips!
-jim lee

fat rat
05-27-2003, 04:25 PM
Did you ever get your boat out here......Lake Anna is a fun place.

jim lee
05-30-2003, 06:47 PM
No, never got the boat out. Were heading back to the west coast now. Acutally we're planning on leaving the same weekend the Anna meet is going on. Been tossing around the idea of dropping by on the way out. Maybe camp a night? Donno', depends on how much "Nose to barn" we're feeling when we get on the road.
-jim lee