PDA

View Full Version : O/T Headers&noise

kcils1
04-15-2003, 06:12 PM
I'm in the Northeast area of the Chesape.I just put this boat together and I'm worred about the noise.O/T header with no baffle.How are the noise police?

HammerDown
04-15-2003, 06:18 PM
Well I can tell ya some friends and I run the NE River and Havre De Grace(Sand Bar) with open OT headers all the time. Never any issues. However when we get into a Marina we watch our P's & Q's. Respect the locals and there's no problem.

Wet Dream
04-15-2003, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the boards. It depends on where you go. Some lakes have restrictions on the noise, but not in dB levels. Few lakes and waterways have requirements that you have baffles or mufflers installed in your OT headers. They really don't cut back on the noise level, but they pass. They seem to dissipate the sound more than anything else. They might rob you of 200 rpm or so, but thats it. You'll find that mose areas do not have these restrictions, but having the mufflers in the boat might be a good idea to save you from a $200 fine.

HammerDown
04-15-2003, 06:21 PM
Did you just buy that Hawian? I new of a 78 Brownish/Orange that was for sale last summer.

kcils1
04-17-2003, 10:57 AM
No,Hammer it's a 79 20'.I hav'nt had it in water yet but will soon. Maybe I'll see you around.