PDA

View Full Version : Havre Degrace (THE CROSSING)

737jetmech
09-01-2002, 08:08 AM
Well we went for a boat ride on sat in Nova ST's 26 Wellcraft.The water was a little rough(3 footers w/ white caps.We traveled down to the bush river for the APBA powerboat races but they cancelled due to high winds.So then we decided to cross the bay to visit a freind, (A perfect storm) flashed through my mind as water spray blew across the bow .Hammer just sat there and said (I'm Good)!!!Coming back home we thought the water may lay down (NOT) the water got even rougher!!! Good call to cancel guys you would not been having a very good time trying to keep your boat's from sinking!!!Thanks, NOVA ST for the ride!!! And Hammerdown for your (I'm Good) attitude , and the bottle of Sambuka. Later Bob eek!
[ September 01, 2002, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: 737jetmech ]

Wet Dream
09-01-2002, 04:13 PM
I have been following the weather reports for Havre just to see if I made a mistake for calling it off, but I think we did the right thing. Looks like you guys havd a hell of a battle down there. Glad to hear everyone made it home ok with the gear in check.

TE081
09-01-2002, 06:16 PM
Should have Raced in Harrisburg....33 boats showed up! 737jetmech:
Well we went for a boat ride on sat in Nova ST's 26 Wellcraft.The water was a little rough(3 footers w/ white caps.We traveled down to the bush river for the APBA powerboat races but they cancelled due to high winds.So then we decided to cross the bay to visit a freind, (A perfect storm) flashed through my mind as water spray blew across the bow .Hammer just sat there and said (I'm Good)!!!Coming back home we thought the water may lay down (NOT) the water got even rougher!!! Good call to cancel guys you would not been having a very good time trying to keep your boat's from sinking!!!Thanks, NOVA ST for the ride!!! And Hammerdown for your (I'm Good) attitude , and the bottle of Sambuka. Later Bob eek!

HammerDown
09-01-2002, 06:56 PM
TE081:
Should have Raced in Harrisburg....33 boats showed up! 737jetmech:
Well we went for a boat ride on sat in Nova ST's 26 Wellcraft.The water was a little rough(3 footers w/ white caps.We traveled down to the bush river for the APBA powerboat races but they cancelled due to high winds.So then we decided to cross the bay to visit a freind, (A perfect storm) flashed through my mind as water spray blew across the bow .Hammer just sat there and said (I'm Good)!!!Coming back home we thought the water may lay down (NOT) the water got even rougher!!! Good call to cancel guys you would not been having a very good time trying to keep your boat's from sinking!!!Thanks, NOVA ST for the ride!!! And Hammerdown for your (I'm Good) attitude , and the bottle of Sambuka. Later Bob eek! Nahhh....I'm Good!

donzi-dad
09-15-2002, 02:01 PM
i went to fairlee creek on labor day.no problems u guys are chickens.just kidding.we had a great day, the water was not that ruff,i slowed down a little in my 28zx.my freinds in a 30 sonic made it.also a couple of sunsations,another sonic so a few others too.