PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything ever happening in TN?? Ever??

NashvilleBound
07-11-2003, 06:38 AM
It seems theres no other performance boaters in TN. Or is it considered ***boat Central?

burbanite
07-11-2003, 07:02 AM
If I knew where it was I might be able to help..... :D :D

NashvilleBound
07-11-2003, 07:08 AM
Were in the Nashville area. We boat 3-4 times a week on Center Hill Lake. We launch through Smithville just north of Ragland Bottom Marina.
[ July 11, 2003, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: NashvilleBound ]

burbanite
07-11-2003, 08:41 AM
Have you tried the J. Percy Priest lake, (watch out for sailboats), it is closer to the city and may attract more of the kind of action you are looking for, either that or along the chain from Hendersonville.
The only place I know for sure is Dale Hollow but you are looking at another hour or more of travel.
People of that ilk tend to gather together so once you find one the rest will be close at hand.

91nordic29
07-11-2003, 09:18 AM
we used to live next to chickamauga lake and boat there quite often. i was too young to notice/realize what hot boats were at that time (70's). i would love to take our boat up there for a week or so but what a long drive from phoenix.

NashvilleBound
07-11-2003, 10:30 AM
Thanks for your help. Your right about Dale Hollow its just too far away. We are going to try another place a little farther down the lake. Got some info from a local. J Percy Priest is a little shallow in spots and I like my water where I dont have to worry about loosing my drive.

miller19j
07-11-2003, 11:38 AM
Hey Jeff,
Glad to see you guys made it to TN safe and sound. We are going to San Antonio next weekend I wish you guys were here and could go with us.
Talk to you later :)
[ July 11, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: miller19j ]

NashvilleBound
07-11-2003, 02:27 PM
As nice as it is here it would have been cool to go out with you guys again. We'll be back in CA the first of Sept. Plenty of time to make a few more lake runs...

NashvilleBound
07-12-2003, 04:53 AM
Hey dave, Things are going perfect. Besides having 12 weeks off of work(my real job) and skiing 3-4 days a week, how can I complain? The locals find my negotiation skills a little... whats the right word here??..... aggressive. The RE agents are cracking me up. Good humor at least for me :) :rolleyes:
You keep in touch too, Jeff

77cobra jet
07-20-2003, 09:01 PM
hey nashville bound,,, try old hickory lake from hendersonville. put in over at the park on drakes creek. if you go all the way out drakes creek and run straight across the lake you will find what is refered to as party cove. there was always some hot boats over there and a good place to meet folks. if you dont care for that cove there is also another place up the lake a bit that is a really cool spot that i always enjoyed running up to. when you go out of drakes creek, turn to the left(port) and run up the river (lake) for several minutes. if you will be looking over to the right hand bank you will see a small island in the middle of a cove. the volleyball net may or may not be up in the water. it is all about waist deep and folks pull up out there and just drop a short line anchor and get out and wade around in the waist deep water. have some excellent memories of that spot there. hope yoiu enjoy it as well!! john

NashvilleBound
07-21-2003, 04:52 AM
Hey John, We were out on Center Hill yesterday and met some locals that said the same thing. According to them next weekend they are having some run on Old Hickory. I searched all the forums and nothing is posted. Its hard to find out whats going on when no one posts anything. We have guests coming in next weekend so I think I will stick with Center Hill since it's a given. We plan on going out this Wed...might just try your spot. Tho I am guessing in the middle of the week there are probably not many people on the water....Thanks again for the scoop, Jeff

77cobra jet
07-23-2003, 11:46 PM
jeff, maybe before the summer runs out ill have my jet boat back together and can get back over to nashville to some decent water. we are in memphis now and i sure do miss that area. il drop you a line next time i get up that way with my boat and maybe we can run old hickory a bit and i will show you what i know of it. hope you enjoy it and make a run for me!!! john

NashvilleBound
07-27-2003, 05:43 AM
77cobra jet:
jeff, maybe before the summer runs out ill have my jet boat back together and can get back over to nashville to some decent water. we are in memphis now and i sure do miss that area. il drop you a line next time i get up that way with my boat and maybe we can run old hickory a bit and i will show you what i know of it. hope you enjoy it and make a run for me!!! john John, It would be nice to have someone that knows the area show us the lake. Just spent the last two days on Center Hill and I can't imagine it getting any better. Write if you can come our way! Jeff

sorry dog
07-29-2003, 09:11 AM
I think there are quite a few hot wackas round there.
Go to Jasper around Oct 11 or so. Should be a gathering around then.

NashvilleBound
07-29-2003, 02:32 PM
sorry dog:
Go to Jasper around Oct 11 or so. Should be a gathering around then. I know I don't really talk like a redneck but whats a "Wackas"????
lol.... And where is Jasper????
If its close and somethings going on we'll travel!

miller19j
07-29-2003, 02:53 PM
Hey Jeff,
The trip to San Antonio just wasn’t the same without you and Stacy (I probably spelled that wrong) I hope things are going well for you guys out there in TN. :)

Boozer
07-29-2003, 03:06 PM
NashvilleBound:
sorry dog:
Go to Jasper around Oct 11 or so. Should be a gathering around then. I know I don't really talk like a redneck but whats a "Wackas"????
lol.... And where is Jasper????
If its close and somethings going on we'll travel! Wacka usually means outboard. Since its an oversized 2 stroke and sounds like a really loud weed wacker.

NashvilleBound
07-29-2003, 04:11 PM
Boozer: LMAO! Really? Thats too funny. I just thought he might have misspelled Wackos....lol.....
Brad: You got it right...Spelling that is:) There should be plenty of time when we get back for a few more trips. Everything is going well. Were into 5 escrows, so far, so it looks like this will be home as soon as we sell the 'farm' in CA.

miller19j
07-30-2003, 02:53 PM
NashvilleBound:
Brad: You got it right...Spelling that is:) There should be plenty of time when we get back for a few more trips. Everything is going well. Were into 5 escrows, so far, so it looks like this will be home as soon as we sell the 'farm' in CA. Why is it every time I find people that I like to hang out with they move out of state? I am starting to get a complex about this! :D wink

NashvilleBound
07-30-2003, 06:10 PM
miller19j:
NashvilleBound:
Brad: You got it right...Spelling that is:) There should be plenty of time when we get back for a few more trips. Everything is going well. Were into 5 escrows, so far, so it looks like this will be home as soon as we sell the 'farm' in CA. Why is it every time I find people that I like to hang out with they move out of state? I am starting to get a complex about this! :D wink Thats some funny chit! Sorry, but were just looking for something new.
The house in VC is just too big to keep as our CA home so as soon as the swimming hole is done were going to have a huge party and then sell it....gotta outdo New Years...but outside :) I swear I still find those jello shooter cups from time to time....too much. Anyhow, it looks like we will still be able to spend part of the year in CA. I hope your up for a trip in Sept with us. Havasu? Your choice....
Jeff

miller19j
07-31-2003, 09:25 AM
You bet I am game for a trip with you guys in Sept. I am afraid I would be like the SS Minnow at Havasu in the Miller. But I am game for just about anything.
So Do I get my old bedroom back at the next party? :D

NashvilleBound
07-31-2003, 11:10 AM
Oh ya, the guest quarters is still yours for sure. If you dont want to bring the " S.S. Minow" we can easily fit into ours. We can do any lake you wish too.......

sorry dog
08-01-2003, 08:51 AM
Jasper is just west of Chattanooga on the Tennessee River (Lake Nickajack). The ODBA finals are that weekend and on the friday before there is a 40 mile ride up the river to town and back. Last years was kinda fun. I think there are some other quick wackas that hang out at Watts Bar but I've never been there.
But what are you looking for - races or drinking? (or both eek! )

NashvilleBound
08-01-2003, 07:19 PM
Hey Sorry Dog: Both. That about covers it. It would be nice to find someone that would want to go for longer upper speed rides...and/or some good parties. My family doesn't get off on the high speed stuff.
[ August 02, 2003, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: NashvilleBound ]