PDA

View Full Version : lake anna t shirts,website pole

nitro557
05-16-2002, 04:52 AM
fat rat wanted me to post this to get a vote on the shirts i want to have rivertoys.com and ***boat.net also on the sleeve .***boat is where this started and rivertoys has set up a very nice webpage and has offered to post our pics from the event on his site

dreamsicle
05-16-2002, 09:56 AM
Cool with me.

fat rat
05-16-2002, 12:06 PM
Nittro...........what I said is if you want to take a poll on this, then take a poll.

nitro557
05-16-2002, 12:56 PM
hu i cant hear you LOL,well i went ahead and did it anyways and no bad vote just one good lets do it ,ray called me today and said that the delware thing on the shirt was straight up a very nice gesture and that they will be liken that,jason thanks for all the help

hot_rod
05-17-2002, 06:08 AM
not a vote just an fyi...
In the past I have organized many events, most having t-shirts.
I had many people help but only the sponsors
made it on to the shirts

Wet Dream
05-17-2002, 04:37 PM
I have to go with a NO vote. This isn't a sanctioned event and if you are going to include addresses of everyone that has done anything for our gathering, you wont have any room left on the shirts. Jason does get a spot since he did design the logo. A mention of an event on a website shouldn't warrant advertizing. I have nothing at all against Delaware Drag Boat, but are you going to include your company name since they let you use the computer to get online???

Dimarco Kid
05-17-2002, 07:01 PM
Kinda got mixed feelings. I agree with Wet, and Nitro, my vote I guess is yes if they won't take away from the main "Lake Anna" logo on the shirts.
D Kid

future boater
05-17-2002, 11:37 PM
if my vote counts it would be yes out of respect.

nitro557
05-18-2002, 04:53 AM
the whole deal with putting these on a shirt is out of respect and thanks for the help,jason did not come up with the logo for the shirt that was all fatrat,i think he did a hell of a good job and ive let him know several times

HammerDown
05-18-2002, 05:23 AM
If my input means anything...and I don't know it does, (after all I did miss the BBQ)...would be yes to the add'ed names...and its not due to me being a member of the dvbrc...I'm just grateful to anyone that did anything to help the this event come together and be bigger.
I also regret big time that I wasent able to be more helpful in the event other than giving my opinions or suggestions... (wet T shirt contest) or (free bush trimming for the ladys) after all there's nothing like a clean clam!!!! But ya should know I've been kinda swamped with my nightmare winter project. (never again)
If the shirts are plane or have the extra names...heck, even if my Boat dosent make the trip... No biggy...I'm just coming down to meet everyone and here all the B.S. storys about how fast everyone's boat is.

Wet Dream
05-18-2002, 06:45 AM
Hey Mike,
The last thing I knew about the shirts is that the design that Jason made was going on the shirts. Haven't seen any designs other than that logo. Maybe I misread that somewhere along the line. If Rich is designing the shirts, why are you taking a poll?? ***boat, yes, thanks to this forum. If Rat is using Jasons logo, yes.
The only thing DVBRC did is add this event date on a website, possibly publish it somewhere in its race schedule, but where is that? Other than that I don't see anything that they have put forward.
I'm really searing on a sponsor issue right now with my kids T-ball sponsor. McDonalds is "Sponsoring" the team to get their names on the uniform, but refuses to put anything financial up for it.
[This message has been edited by Wet Dream (edited May 18, 2002).]

nitro557
05-18-2002, 08:45 AM
this is not a sponsorship deal or a brought to you by deal its just a thankyou to the people who put in effort to promote this event in different ave then ***boat,the event is just a hanging out of people not sponsored by anything but the drunks in boats association

hot_rod
05-18-2002, 09:05 AM
Hey guys...
All I can do is pass on my past experience with this type stuff. Promoting events used to be a big part of my business.
A decision needs to be made as far as what will qualify a mention on the T-shirts for this event and future events(this decision will set the president for future events).
What we used to do is if some organization made a financial type contribution i.e.. door prizes, provided the funding for the T-shirts (then they were given to event participants), or in our case funding for events like a BBQ. they got their name/logo on the shirts. We had a lot of people/organizations that helped but only those that made the financial type contribution made it onto the shirts. If this event goes well with lots of attendees I can see certain organizations chomping at the bit and ponieing up to get on the shirts in the future.
Just food for thought

fat rat
05-18-2002, 10:35 AM
I'm with Hot-Rod.......these add ons are costing us money.

nitro557
05-18-2002, 11:00 AM
i can see that for future events but this is the first time,so id like to see it as a thank you,but rat i can tell you dont want to do this so ill just get what i want on them added by someone else

Dimarco Kid
05-18-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown:
No biggy...I'm just coming down to meet everyone and here all the B.S. storys about how fast everyone's boat is.
Hehehe
D Kid

nitro557
05-18-2002, 01:01 PM
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/43db5e57/bc/truck/beast+v1.jpg?bctzY58AJyO5x_0H

Wet Dream
05-18-2002, 02:32 PM
If you want to thank them, make it a Hallmark moment and send them a card. We can all sign it. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif I know I am sounding like an ass on this but I'm trying not to.

nitro557
05-18-2002, 04:15 PM
that was a jack ass statement,its a same when you cant do a nice thing for people who took the extra effort to help this event for no repayment,other than reconition.rat ill still pay the extra to get my shirts the way i want them and ill take 20 call me and ill send you the money this whole post now disgusts me

BottleFedJet
05-18-2002, 07:37 PM
Give them hell nitro ! HAHAHAH !

HammerDown
05-21-2002, 05:55 AM
Damm...ya could cut the tension here with a knife!...O.K. lets go....group hug!
Gotta go...I've got a motor to build....again!