PDA

View Full Version : hows the boating in north carolina

pleasantcat
09-29-2003, 06:51 PM
im a west coast hot boater who is considering a move to north carolina. charlotte area is where ild be going. but here's the dilema. do i sell the daytona or are there some nice lakes to use a bravo driven boat on in the area? we also boat year-round here. what's the season like there?

HammerDown
09-29-2003, 08:33 PM
I have a lady friend (just happens to sell Power Boats *Sonics*)...anyway, I'll ask her since she lives in that State.

MANIC MECHANIC
09-30-2003, 06:43 AM
Lake Norman is right outside of Charlotte. It is an extremly large lake.(over 500miles of shoreline if I remember correctly) I have never been boating there myself, but drive by there quite often on bussiness. Judging from the boats I see in the in the marinas, plus the fact that ***boat tested the Hendrick's motorsports cat there at 142MPH I would think that your Daytona would be right at home. Dave A. and Stump live in that area and could give you more details.Tim

HammerDown
09-30-2003, 12:43 PM
My inside source also says Lake Norman is "The Lake for North carolina...the one in S.C. aint worth the trip.

stump
09-30-2003, 04:16 PM
I live at lake norman Yes boating here is great although norman gets real busy on weekends for smaller boats ,i wouldnt even think of trying to run on norman on a sat or sunday in my mandella,No problem tho,just on the other side of the dam is Mountain island lake and we hang out at the sand bar and run up the river to the dam and when the wheels are turning the current will float ya right back down to the sandbar,quite a few boats jets etc.use mtn island including myself ,in my small boat weekdays are for norman weekends are for mtn island or i've heard high rock lake is good also it is about 30 miles away.I havnt been there myself but the word was Good .lake wylie is just below mtn island ,there are so many places to go boating here it's kinda the toss o the coin where ya want to go try.

DaveA
10-04-2003, 11:06 PM
pleasantcat:
im a west coast hot boater who is considering a move to north carolina. charlotte area is where ild be going. but here's the dilema. do i sell the daytona or are there some nice lakes to use a bravo driven boat on in the area? we also boat year-round here. what's the season like there? Thanx Stump for jumping in...
PleasantCat, thank you for the interest in moving here. Let me know if you want to get in touch with a lake-savvy realtor to find the house of your dreams!
The importation process you'll need to go thru is quite simple to clear customs at the western border of the great state of Nawth Caroliner.
You'll be allowed to bring the Daytona here, then leave it with me, a designated imported ***boat inspector, for quarantine. After say, oh, about 18 months, it should be cleared for use on Lake Norman. I will extensively test it here to ensure its conformance with local ***boat standards over the long term. Also bring your jackets and facemasks so you can operate in the wintertime with all the bass fishermen. BTW, these items will also be quarantined with the boat, and extensively tested as well. The Bravo drive is an asset on our chain of lakes, especially the trailer tilt feature (which of course, will be extensively tested prior to release from quarantine to ensure compliance, etc. etc.) Please bear in mind, if the Daytona is found ultimately not to be in compliance, you will be forced to forfeit it to the DIHI committee* and will have the opportunity to obtain a pontoon boat with a 50hp Evinrude as a replacement (assures your compliance with the 'floating hazard' standard on Lake Norman).
Once all this is accomplished, you will be allowed to boat year-round here in spite of the traffic and temperature.
And remember...watch out for jet skis and wear your PFD at all times. The orange ones are best.
Looking forward to your making your home here with the other 160,000 newcomers in the last ten years....
DaveA
:D :D :D
*Designated Imported ***boat Inspection Committee