PDA

View Full Version : Boat Flag Pole Question

mbrown2
02-20-2003, 11:39 AM
It is kind of cool to fly your favorite flag on your boat (at times) whether it be Stars/Bars, Pirate, or Stars and Stripes for 4th or July...I am wondering if there are any flag poles that are made to fit in the Perco Light Switch Socket?
I know Taylor makes a flush socket among others, but I was wondering if there was a pole that would fit into the Perco Light Socket.
In addition, it would be cool if some of the Billet experts on the board could rip some out that could be power coated flush mounted (my attempt at requesting billet stuff)
M(need a custom flag pole mount)brown2 :)

beyondhelpin
02-20-2003, 02:05 PM
If you have a tall anchor light pole you could just mount the flag on it.

Boatcop
02-20-2003, 02:17 PM
The majority of light recepticles are made of plastic or cheap pot metal, and won't take the added stress of a flag blowing in the wind.
A metal pole, mounted in the light fixture would also short out the running/anchor light wiring system, and possibly cause a fire.
Check a Marine supply store. Perko makes a fitting specifically for flag poles.

mbrown2
02-20-2003, 02:19 PM
Boatcop:
The majority of light recepticles are made of plastic or cheap pot metal, and won't take the added stress of a flag blowing in the wind.
A metal pole, mounted in the light fixture would also short out the running/anchor light wiring system, and possibly cause a fire.
Check a Marine supply store. Perko makes a fitting specifically for flag poles. I had thought about that, and that is why I wondering if they made a pole specifically for that receptacle...thnx for the feedback...Taylor also makes a receptacle, I could not find the Perco Site, but will keep looking.

Party Cat
02-20-2003, 02:47 PM
I've got a really cool brass one that doubles as a stripper pole :D :D :D

rrrr
02-20-2003, 02:53 PM
Boatcop:
Hey Alan, he said it was for the Fourth of July. What could be more patriotic than a floating bonfire to celebrate our country's birthday? :D :D

TrojanDan
02-20-2003, 03:21 PM
West Marine sells flag clips that attach to the light pole or any other round thing-a-ma-jigs for a couple of bucks. But like Boatcop mentioned they aren't intended to used while underway at any real speed as the lightpole isn't designed for the added wind stress. (learned that the expensive way!)

mbrown2
02-20-2003, 03:36 PM
Thnx again RD, appreciate the offer, and I will email some pics to give a sense of what I am looking for and location on the back of the hull.

Mandelon
02-20-2003, 06:31 PM
Get your girl a flag bikini and have her stand on the back seat!!!! :p

mbrown2
02-20-2003, 06:34 PM
Been there, done that...now I want fixed mount, and I don't want to keep buying her different bikini's when I want to change flags... :)
[ February 20, 2003, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

HOOTER SLED-
02-21-2003, 01:40 PM
mbrown2:
It is kind of cool to fly your favorite flag on your boat (at times) whether it be Stars/Bars, Pirate, or Stars and Stripes for 4th or July...I am wondering if there are any flag poles that are made to fit in the Perco Light Switch Socket?
I know Taylor makes a flush socket among others, but I was wondering if there was a pole that would fit into the Perco Light Socket.
In addition, it would be cool if some of the Billet experts on the board could rip some out that could be power coated flush mounted (my attempt at requesting billet stuff)
M(need a custom flag pole mount)brown2 :) Brown2,
I've seen those flag poles for the perko switch at Boater's World. About $12. I think they have several stores. I know there is one in Torrance and Marina Del Rey. They have a catalog you can order from too. Call 411. Hope that helps. Fly that thing proud. USA kicks ass!!!

Mandelon
02-21-2003, 08:22 PM
Like this.....!!
http://66.34.239.190/pics/data/501/1bikini001.jpg

JetBoatRich
02-21-2003, 08:25 PM
Mandelon she will cost more than $12

mbrown2
02-21-2003, 09:12 PM
My wife might take issue with that flagpole :confused: wink

Mandelon
02-21-2003, 09:15 PM
YOu can store it on my boat.. :rolleyes:

riverliver
02-21-2003, 09:16 PM
mbrown2:
My wife might take issue with that flagpole :confused: wink This is the flag http://66.34.239.190/pics/data/501/1bikini001.jpg
You have to supply the pole LOL And that is what will piss the wife off. wink :D

riverliver
02-21-2003, 09:35 PM
mbrown2
We are going to parker on the 8th for the ski races and some beer drinkin and maybe RR boat will be done and be there, are you going out that weekend ?
idea