PDA

View Full Version : I must be an idiot..........

WETDAWG
07-29-2002, 08:57 AM
Whith that topic I am sure I opened myself up to a lot of ridicule
Boy am I an idiot. I am the kind of guy that would spend all day in the parking lot helping a fellow boater getting his ride working and never think about how much time it takes As long as there is beer). I have met some great friends that way.
Well I gotta tell my story of getting screwed by a "fellow" jet boater. I offered a set of Hooker water injected OTT Twisties for a 480 on E bay.
I put them in for $250 and was hoping to get $350.
Two days after the insertion I get an E mail from a guy in CA. WRITE THIS NAME DOWN JOHN WHITNEY, who says he'll give me $365 if I end the auction and ship them to him the next day. He tells me he has a trip planned for that Friday and really wants them for the trip. I call him at his work (707-840-0563) and we talke about helping a fellow boater. I shipped the headers teh next day and he got them on Thursday. He put them on, sent me pictures and they worked great
YOU GUESSED IT. Now he is Stiffing me..
I finally got a hold of him and we agree that he will ship me a Holley Tunnel Ram scoop in lieu of $200 (he works in an auto parts store) and send me a check for thye rest. (about $200 with the shipping) That was the last I ever heard from him
I have called him no response
I have sent 50 E mails no response. His E mail address is JandJwhitney2002@aol.com.
This SUCKS. I have a picture of his boat if I knew how to post it I would.
i am sorry I am venting, but this guy is a jerk. I'll still help everyone else but If I meet this guy, I only hope he has a big enough motor to RUN! or the conscience enough to PAY UP
If anyone knows him send me his home phone and address just for the "fun" of it.

shockwaveharry
07-29-2002, 09:36 AM
What a jerk! I'd be a good thing if you can get the picture of his boat posted. Try putting it in the media section and then linking it here. someone is bound to see him somewhere.
P.S. Your only an idiot if you sell parts without money up front again.
[ July 29, 2002, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: shockwaveharry ]

Boatcop
07-29-2002, 09:42 AM
Unfortunately, you can't use eBay to help collect, since you finalized the sale out of their system.
Expensive lesson. When I list something on eBay, I'll always include a "Buy it Now" price, just for situations like yours.

WETDAWG
07-29-2002, 09:46 AM
You are right about E bay. I have sold a lot of Hot rod stuff there and never got butrned. This was a weak moment to help someone out
NEVERMORE I have learned a lesson (expensive) :o

RiverDave2
07-29-2002, 09:48 AM
WETDAWG, e-mail me the photo's of his boat.
djohnson@scicontech.com
RD

WETDAWG
07-29-2002, 10:26 AM
Dave,
The pic is on the way!
Thanks I owe you a beer or two (or3 or4)
Ted

HammerDown
07-29-2002, 10:29 AM
I say some where, some body know's this HoMo Bitch! Or seen his boat around. And they should help to hunt that little dick down!
I hate hearing about shit like that!

RiverDave2
07-29-2002, 11:15 AM
Well this is the picture I recieved, but I don't think it's going to help him get his headers back.. LOL No matter though, I'd rather look at these anyways. :)
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/Staring.JPG
RD

Liberator TJ1984
07-29-2002, 11:57 AM
:( wetdawg , I don't think your an idiot for trying to help out someone...almost all the guys around here will gladly loan or take a loss of money on parts just to get a fellow boater back on the water .even to go as far as loaning out engines ,blowers , carbs whatever.....but You did not know the guy......what goes around comes around ....may the Motor Gods release their wrath on the pricks engine....ps..Hope ya get to meet him in person! :mad:

WETDAWG
07-29-2002, 12:19 PM
Ok RD,
That was the teaser. here is his boat.
And no, she was not on it (I gotta learn how to use this computer) :p

RiverDave2
07-29-2002, 12:37 PM
Ok try # 2..
First Pic of the Headers.
No Payment = Gay
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/boatmotor.JPG
RD

RiverDave2
07-29-2002, 12:38 PM
Picture #2.
Anyone know this goofball?
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/boat12.JPG
RD

WETDAWG
07-29-2002, 12:44 PM
RD,
YOURE the Best!!
I'm trying to get out to CBBB but I will be at Avi the weekend before. I know this Gay cheapskate won't be there. But If I'm there You got a couple of tasty cold ones coming
Thanks again.
WD
WOOF WOOF

RiverDave2
07-29-2002, 12:50 PM
WetDawg, 2 more questions for ya..
Is this guy on the boards to your knowledge?
2ndly what area code was his phone #?
It wasn't... eeerrrr 909 was it? wink
Most likely 714 if I had to guess.
RD

07-29-2002, 01:00 PM
Wetdawg, He has a 707 area code, what city does he live in? Alot of 707'ers go to Berryessa, my haunt. If I see him I can mention to him he is a dick and should settle up with you. I have a couple of other ideas but I won't offer them here for obvious reasons.

WETDAWG
07-29-2002, 01:05 PM
He does go to Berryessa according to him. I dont think he is on the boards. at least to my knowledge.
Just watch out for the prick, Dick or not, If you see him let me know. I'll be up there in a flash to "get my money"
Just to clarify he did send the scoop but he still owes me over $200. I sure could use it this summer.
Thanks Guys
WD

RiverToysJas
07-29-2002, 01:17 PM
Maybe this is too much of a pain in the ass, but you could take him to small claims court. You know where he works, so he could be served there.
Just a thought,
RTJas :D

WETDAWG
07-29-2002, 01:20 PM
Been thinking of doing just that. it's only $50 to file and he pays when he loses.
anyone wanna bet he didn't pay for the scoop either?
(Oops did I say that out loud?) eek!

kcm21
07-29-2002, 02:35 PM
OKAY,
707 COULD BE VACCAVILLE.......WHICH IS ABOUT AN HOUR OR SO FROM THE STOCKTON AREA, SO THE COULD FREQUENT THE DELTA MAYBE?????? YOU COULD CHECK TO SEE WHO THE PHONE NUMBER BELONGS TO ON THE INTERNET AT WWW.ANYWHO.COM (http://WWW.ANYWHO.COM) AND THEN GO TO REVERSE LOOKUP TOOL. PUT THE NUMBER IN THERE AND IT WILL TELL YOU WHO THE NUMBER IS REGISTERED TO. HOPE THAT HELPED A LITTLE. HELL IT MIGHT BE WORTH THE DRIVE TO GO KICK HIS ASS!

Wet Dream
07-29-2002, 02:48 PM
One thing you might want to remember...since he screwed you out of the $$$, do you really think he sent you a pic of his boat? You might run into this guy that really has no clue what this is all about. I wouldn't want to hear about a guy that got the crap beat out of him for no reason at all. If it is the same guy, punch him a few times for me will ya. :)

RiverDave2
07-29-2002, 03:45 PM
LOL... No doubt.
RD

TOBTEK
07-29-2002, 04:28 PM
WHAT A JERK..I just bought a couple a things from ebay (totaling about 2k) Had to send the money before they would ship goods....VERY SCARY!!

Unchained
07-29-2002, 04:32 PM
Fake Enderle scoop on carbs = gay
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/boatmotor.JPG

searssears1
07-29-2002, 04:48 PM
WETDAWG,I just called the that # he no longer works for Kragen auto parts.I told them I was an old friend of his.The guy I talked to at Kragens said 2 things,This prick is either working for PG&E in Chico,Ca or some place called Walter Mill in Redding,Ca.From what the Guy tells me he's been at this Kragen before and quit.Good luck My wife and I hope you get your $$$.

gigamurph
07-29-2002, 04:49 PM
YO DAWG! Too damn lazy to type the whole thing again! if it offers up any consolation; I'm feelin' the pain for ya over at Just Jets!

searssears1
07-29-2002, 04:52 PM
Taht Krgens is in MIKINLIVILLE,CA.I'd call some of those guy's I'm quite sure he's dicked a few of those people.I hope i spelled that rite.

Tahiti Owner
07-29-2002, 05:21 PM
too bad those headers were not for an olds... i would have paid you cash for em before you even sent em to me...

Kindsvater Flat
07-29-2002, 05:22 PM
I live in the Chico area and will keep an eye out for it. If I see it I might do a midnight repo. What a dick!!

WETDAWG
07-29-2002, 05:32 PM
You guys are the greatest! I am gonna kick his ass right after I see my headers.
I know those puppies anywhere. M
My wife just came in and gave me permission to trash him. I get to have fun once in a while
She said
" I love jet boaters, You guys are the greatest"

HammerDown
07-29-2002, 05:42 PM
What would be a good pay back is to find out where the BITCH boats...and then just take YOUR headers off his boat. (OUT IN THE WATER) Then the ****er need's to get towed back to the ramp...and so what if his trailer and tow rig had flat tires! I could go on and on...pay back's a bitch...just like him!

79Hawaiian
07-29-2002, 10:52 PM
Remember, you can't get water from a stone! I sued plenty of people at my old job (collections) and out of 30 or so cases I never had even one show up to court. You always win but collecting is another story. You have to schedule another hearing where the other guy is summons to the court to evaluate his assets. Of course this costs both more money and more of your time. You may have to pay someone to find and serve him as well. Even then, you may never see a dollar. My suggestion is to follow the lead you have and threaten legal recourse against him. The constant threat of legal action seem to have a better effect than the actual action itÂ’s self.
Then again, you can always write it off on your taxes as theft loss! I think I saw something in TurboTax about that last year??? How much was retail again??? :D
I have sold lots of things on EBay and ALWAYS I require payment to be sent first. I agree with Liberator, you were helping out a fellow boater with an understanding between men. Too bad some ****ers only pretend to have balls! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Liberator TJ1984
07-30-2002, 06:29 AM
WD, you have a scoop that this dude sent you from the auto store ?? if he did not "buy"
it ..the store may be interested in following this up as a theft and levy charges against him...if in fact it came from their inventory...may call and say you purchased it there and would like to look up sales date from files....you lost your reciept !!!! just an idea ?

BK
07-30-2002, 07:33 AM
Hey WETDAWG,
Im not sure where or what Walter Mill is but I live in Redding and im out on Shasta or Whiskitown Lake every weekend. If I see him I will let you know. It seems you have eyes everywhere, pretty scary for him! Good luck.

WETDAWG
07-31-2002, 05:41 AM
Hey gang,
Funny news. I called his old job and asked about a scoop. They said they had one on the shelf. Amazingly when they went to look for it it was missing. hmmmmm. Just after inventory too!
Guy is toast with them too! :p

Liberator TJ1984
07-31-2002, 05:53 AM
Like the old saying goes " you can run ...but ya can't hide forever....WTG......goodluck WD :D
I'm sure you'll corner him sooner or later......

searssears1
07-31-2002, 06:14 AM
WTG,WD.Looks like this guy could be in some really big DAWG DOODOO now. :D :D :D

gnarley
07-31-2002, 11:20 AM
WETDAWG, I'm in 707 & I frequent some of the lakes in the area. What city & address did you ship them to? Or give me the prefix & I will try to look him up with a few friends if I can find him.
Well I called dir assistance with the prefix I found on your post & they said it is in Arcata, Ca which is about 10 miles north of Eureka, Ca on Hwy 101 in the upper north part of the state. He is way the hell up there somewhere, does anyone know the lakes in that part of the state? He could even go to the Trinity area.
Sorry I can't help find him in my backyard but he is about 3 hours away if he is still there.
[ July 31, 2002, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: gnarley ]

Unchained
07-31-2002, 12:35 PM
I have a good friend who lives in Garberville,Ca.
and he flies out of the Arcata airport very frequently. Post the thiefs address and I will ask Jim to drive by the scumbags house and scope out if the boat is in the yard or around the property. "The Noose Tightens"