PDA

View Full Version : Beachcomber or Havasu Landing

No strESSEX
06-03-2003, 01:42 PM
Looking into buying a place either on the Island or at Havasu Landing. I don't know much about Havasu Landing but would like any feedback on either one. Thanks!

dimarcobros
06-03-2003, 01:47 PM
I am more of a fan of the Island because everything you need is right there. We have a place at the Isles and could not be happier. Seems to me that the Landing is more isolated. Just my .02

gmnhra
06-03-2003, 02:08 PM
we went thru the same decision process at the beginning of the year....we looked at every "water front" location on havasu...my priority is to be able to walk to the boat... dealing with launching everyday is not my idea of a good time...this leaves the rv parks that you lease the land from..islander, havasu springs, beachcomber, havasu landing...
I know, i know, property values in town for houses is skyrocketing and is a better investment...i don't look at my vacation/leisure time expenses as investment dollars so i rely on other investments to provide the boating/fun dollars....o.k. so much for financial logic...
having said that, we ended up at the islander....it is clean, well maintained, private launch ramp, private boat slips, close to everything in town....yes, they are strict, but in my opinion its a good thing (check out crazy horse on a busy weekend!!!)...you can also minimize the red ink by renting to snow birds in the winter.
my personal viewpoints:
havasu springs is nice but much more expensive, havasu landing is isolated (both by car and boat), and beachcomber is older and not well maintained (much cheaper though than islander)...
hope this helps..good luck

Havasu_Dreamin
06-03-2003, 02:24 PM
If I was going to strictly limit myself to a place on the island it would be the Islander hands down.

Boozer
06-03-2003, 02:34 PM
Havasu Landing is full of old people. I avoid that place at all costs.
Stayed at the landing one time and will never do it again.

silver surfer
06-03-2003, 02:54 PM
I stayed at the BEachcomber over the weekend and the prices for the mobile homes seemed to be reasonable. The park is clean but definately an older park. The launch ramp was not impressive, and they told me no boats over 24 feet in the slips.

No strESSEX
06-03-2003, 02:56 PM
gmnhra
I know, i know, property values in town for houses is skyrocketing and is a better investment...i don't look at my vacation/leisure time expenses as investment dollars so i rely on other investments to provide the boating/fun dollars....o.k. so much for financial logic...
[/QB]I completely agree. While it would be great to earn more equity, this property is all about vacation and being right down in the middle of things. Do you or anybody else have an idea of what mobile homes are going for at the Islander and Beachcomber? Also approximate space rental.
Thanks again.

silver surfer
06-03-2003, 03:04 PM
The prices of the three mobile homes I saw for sale at the BEachcomber were 25,000-27,000. Again the launch ramp, in my opinion, is poor. And, I was told no boats in the slip over 24 feet. Maybe that is only for weekenders?

gmnhra
06-03-2003, 03:12 PM
islander website...islanderrvresort.com has listings of the park models for sale..
space lease is around $350-$400 per month...
beachcomber has a printed list that they will fax you...range $30,000-$60,000 depending on location..mostly much older units...the lease is a bit more there??? $450 per month...

kevnmcd
06-03-2003, 03:19 PM
No strESSEX:
Looking into buying a place either on the Island or at Havasu Landing. I don't know much about Havasu Landing but would like any feedback on either one. Thanks! :D

SandbarScot
06-03-2003, 05:36 PM
I stayed at a friend's trailer at Beachcomber Memorial Day Weekend. The ramp is okay, one lane and dirt. Launched my 21' no problem. The park is nice. Security tight on holidays. Dock slips seem new. Park is in decent condition, mostly older mobiles but some nice new park models with view of the lake (one of those is for sale). It was really nice to stay on the island and leave the boat in the water the whole time and not deal with launch-ramp-rookies every day.

beach gomer
06-03-2003, 07:03 PM
I have a mobile at the beach comber rent for a mobile is 471.00 a month prices vary alot from 10000 to 100000 park needs to get the old mobiles out and bring new ones in.rules are more laid back than the islander but still stricked.

pebo
06-03-2003, 09:27 PM
We also stay at Islander. Very nice, clean and the Security is tight. That is ok with me, don't have worry about our equipment. We stay in a 5wheel. The Park Models are nice and if you like you can rent them in the off seasons. Check them out http://islanderrvresort.com/ParkModels/ParkModels_Resales.htm :D

moneypit
06-03-2003, 09:39 PM
OK I have stayed at them all. I have a place at the landing..... water front, right in front of the launch ramp...grassy area and all. But be smart so you dont kick yourself later... the money you spend on a decent piece of property could equal what you would pay for lease and a decent mobile home. The upkeep in the deset is crazy....
Later in life you own it. Even if your not water front. The money that you would make in ten years on a home... would give you a nice retirement home in page arizona (lake Powell)
Seriously, if you have all your investments set and your retirement is situated, i'd say sure buy a closer to the water mobile home. But dont buy it beacuse it seems more affordable in the short run. Hell if you had to buy a lot and put a garage on it with a toilet and beds with running water, do that.. Or even park a 5th wheel on it until you could afford a home..
Just my thoughts

No strESSEX
06-04-2003, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to be out in a couple weeks and will do some looking. :D