PDA

View Full Version : Hey 79 Hawiian

OmegaBitch2
09-02-2002, 08:41 AM
Do you have any more pics of your boat?Looks VERY similar to my 78 Omega.Pics of mine in media center,reader rides (jetboats).Curious as even the paint scheme looks the same. eek! :D

79Hawaiian
09-02-2002, 10:38 AM
You can some pics at Boener.com/boat (http://boener.com/boat) I would like to see some more pics of your boat as well. From the pics you have posted it looks like an exact copy. Do you have any stress cracks in the deck? Before I bought the boat the floor failed and the center support under the deck fell into the floor cavity and caused some pretty back stress cracks on mine.
Looks like either Omega ripped off Hawaiian or vise versa. Nice ride!
Does yours have supertrapps on the exhaust? I can't quite tell but it looks like it. Mine came with Supertrapps but the pipes fell apart and have since been replaced.
http://boener.com/pics/boat/back-in-water.JPG (http://www.boener.com/boat)

OmegaBitch2
09-02-2002, 05:08 PM
Posted a few more pics in media center.Yes Im running the supertraps,but find they are still quite loud,been kicked out of a few places because of that.The only week spot in my boat is the stringers in the back 3 feet of the boat.They are going to be stripped this winter and redone.Previuos owner(s) neglected her pretty bad.Just redid hull last winter,picked up almost 10 mph by removing 5/8 inch hook.Have you checked yours for hook?

snappertapper
09-02-2002, 05:39 PM
Damn 79hawaiian, looks great you did all that yourself, nice work

79Hawaiian
09-02-2002, 08:37 PM
Actually I am familiar with the term "hook" but I have no idea what it means to a boat hull except that it is bad. What it the "hook"? I have seen it mentioned many times on the boards. Sag in the hull?

OmegaBitch2
09-02-2002, 09:40 PM
Get yourself a straight edge about 5 or more feet long and place it along the bottom of your hull length wise from transom forward.Do this in a few places from side to side.Any gap between hull and straight edge is hook.If it bulges the other way its called rocker.Hook will slow you down big time.What kind of speed are you getting out of your Hawaiian?

79Hawaiian
09-03-2002, 07:50 AM
Only 48mph via GPS. My motor is running under carbureted, only a 650cfm. My tach is broken but I think I was running 4500rpm wide open before it broke. I have also been told that the ride plate under the pump should be adjusted up to trim the boat out more but I am afraid to mess with it since parts for my pump are non-existant and the bolts are painted and rusted. My fear is they will snap and I wont be able to fix the plate. I see you are running headers. I still have the waterloggs which I know are very restrictive. What are your numbers? RPM and speed?

OmegaBitch2
09-04-2002, 01:41 AM
64.2MPH at 5400 RPM (GPS). 429 BBF running 11.6 to 1 compression. SCJ heads (DOOE-R),Victor 460 intake,Holley 850 dbl pmpr,MSD billet dist,etc..etc!Cranks out close to 600HP.Added American turbine energizer kit with B impeller,Hyd diverter,and droop snoot. .Ill put some engine pics in media center.My boat when I first got it topped out at 43 MPH with the stock 460 and Jacuzzi YJ pump.

spectras only
09-04-2002, 08:54 AM
Omegabitch2, try to fit the rex silencer in your tips, it really cuts the sharp bark .I installed them in my rex exhaust tips last week in my 454 chev equipped spectra and it still makes a nice deep rumble, but the high notes are subdued with only 50-100 rpm loss.The supertrapps costing me at least 300 RPM loss on a 460 BBF we run in a 19 foot spectra.Just my 0.02 cdn wink

OmegaBitch2
09-04-2002, 09:35 AM
Thanks Spectra,Im considering all options right now and I'm going to try building a set of slip ins this winter when I tear the motor down for a freshening.I dont mind spending the money when I absolutely have to,but if I can do it myself and save a penny, it sure helps especially when you have to compare our doller to the US buck!You know where I'm coming from I'm sure especially there in BC (PST)(GST)duty,etc!!!Sure wish we had your weather here,my wife and I were at Shuswap(Sandy Point)last month, when We hit our lastest high speed of 64.2mph(GPS).Unfortunately though my freshly repaired impeller shredded its self due to cavitation burns.Only 12 or so hours on it ,so now I have to bite the bullet and dig deep for a stainless B impeller!!! OUCH $1400 cdn. Gotta go

spectras only
09-04-2002, 10:26 AM
Omegabitch2, I wrench for fun at california marine [richmond] and Dave has a used S/S impeller for sale.I think he's got it priced at 800 CDN.Try to dicker on the price with him wink .You can make those slip in silencers if you have the tools [I made those 20 years ago,before rex did ,I'm just lazy to do it now :) ].The rex tips are one of the better finished ones we find and they come in 4" size with a reducer to maintain the same ID most boats have [3/12] to keep the same backpressure.

OmegaBitch2
09-04-2002, 01:37 PM
Spectras,do you know if that would be a B cut impeller,also has to be for American Turbine bowl.They have an additional anti cavitation lip at the back side of the impeller.Specific to A/T.Thanks for the thought!!