PDA

View Full Version : Taco Bell Rant

hd&boatrider
08-18-2003, 11:55 AM
Went to Taco Bell today and the help there looked slow and confused. There was a line of people and two in particular stood out. The one guy had no shoes on, looked disheveled and basically stunk like $&@^. Anyhow, he waits until his turn and then asks for a water cup. No order or nothing just a water cup. The registar gave it to him and he walks over to the fountain and fills it up with his favorite soda. Nobody says a thing.
The other guy was right in front of me and looked like a scumbag. Rode up on his bicycle, probably about 45 or so. He stunk like cigs and liquor. He gets to the registar and orders 2 tacos. Nothing to drink but then asks for a water cup after he is rung up. He also goes right over to the fountain and fills it with his favorite soda. I am standing behind him waiting as he took a long time. I tell you I am sick of people like this and wanted to talk a little shit to the runaway from his half way house.
Anybody else sick of this kind of shit?

HighRoller
08-18-2003, 12:03 PM
RD,the two gents he was talking about didn't sound like they owned a boat,much less anything!

NastyOne
08-18-2003, 12:04 PM
I am 2 sided on this. On one hand you have a guy who is basically steeling which we the real paying customers have to pay for... but on the other hand, you describe them like they are homeless or are just less fortunate than yourself. I am going to have to say, let the guy get a drink. Maybe he cant even afford to eat... thats why he didnt order anything. I would have bought him a taco instead of coming back to my office and wasting company time to post on ***boat. (didnt say you did, im just sayin)

FastTimmy
08-18-2003, 12:07 PM
I don't know about the dirt bag level, but I do know that last friday I had toco bell for lunch and it about killed me. I was crapping and peucking like It was OP6 the day after.

24RODjr
08-18-2003, 12:07 PM
Nasty,
Did you vote for Davis last time out? wink

hd&boatrider
08-18-2003, 12:10 PM
NastyOne:
I am 2 sided on this. On one hand you have a guy who is basically steeling which we the real paying customers have to pay for... but on the other hand, you describe them like they are homeless or are just less fortunate than yourself. I am going to have to say, let the guy get a drink. Maybe he cant even afford to eat... thats why he didnt order anything. I would have bought him a taco instead of coming back to my office and wasting company time to post on ***boat. (didnt say you did, im just sayin) Most homeless people have made a choice in their lives to not want to put any effort out and make it in life. What I mean by that is to be self-sufficient. I know a thing or two about this personally. As far as wasting company time I happen to own the damn thing so I decide how I want to spend my time. You say you did not say that but you did.
[ August 18, 2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

NastyOne
08-18-2003, 12:10 PM
24RODjr:
Nasty,
Did you vote for Davis last time out? wink didnt vote at all... will this time for sure

hd&boatrider
08-18-2003, 12:11 PM
RiverDave:
I got a pet peeve thread going if your interested.. LOL wink :D
Hey Tom, your never going to believe this..
RD Believe what? That you have a thread going....lol By the way, I saw the rant thread but decided to add a new one. Why? I don't know....

Blown 472
08-18-2003, 12:12 PM
What really ****ing pisses me off bout taco bell is the damn tacos look nothing like the ones on the pix in the drive thru. burningm burningm

24RODjr
08-18-2003, 12:15 PM
HD,
All I can say is that it was Taco Bell man...
Kinda gettin' what you pay for.
Don't take this to mean that i think it was ok for the Homeless guy to do that, I'd have been pissed too, but it's not like it was burger king, or wendy's or some other 5* establishment wink

hd&boatrider
08-18-2003, 12:16 PM
24RODjr:
HD,
All I can say is that it was Taco Bell man...
Kinda gettin' what you pay for.
Don't take this to mean that i think it was ok for the Homeless guy to do that, I'd have been pissed too, but it's not like it was burger king, or wendy's or some other 5* establishment wink lol....I have to satrt going to those upscale establishments....

hd&boatrider
08-18-2003, 12:17 PM
][/QUOTE]Check your PM's... LOL
That's what yer never gonna believe. :( :D :D
RD <--- Ass Clown [/QB][/QUOTE]
I got it....check your PM back

Boozer
08-18-2003, 12:17 PM
I am sympathetic with some homeless people. But it boils down to this. A lot of those people are homeless only because they have allowed themselves to become that way. Some actually preffer to be homeless since they don't have responsibilities and they can do what they want when they want how they want and pray on other people to supply them with the needed money for food and liquor.
I work in downtown Denver there are homeless people down here everywhere. When I walk to work in the morning I have to literally step over several of them sleeping on the sidewalks next to the steam holes. Some of them have true hard luck stories but most prefer the homeless life.
I have no problem giving a guy some change to go get a coffee or get a burger or whatever I do it almost daily. What I do hate is that some of these guys actually hang out in the local fast food joints and wait to see whos putting cash back in their pockets and as soon you do and you are headed for the door here come the stories to talk you out your money. If you give that person a buck you can bet your ass 4 more people will follow in the foot steps of the first.
Nowadays it's getting bad. There's a guy I see daily that sits in front of a book store down here and says "Got change for a beer and a burger?" Everyday he's there and everyday he says that. There's also this crazy old woman in a wheel chair who just holds out a cup and says "God Bless You." Same spot same story everyday. Obviously it's worthwhile for these people to be out there so they continue to do it and the amount of them continue to grow. My new favorite is the "Thug" hobos that try to initimidate you into giving them money. It doesn't work on me but it seems to work on others.
Personally I think if we all stop feeing into these guys and stop giving them money they will go away. Why ask for money when you know everyone is going to say no??

hd&boatrider
08-18-2003, 12:18 PM
I never said they were homeless.....

NastyOne
08-18-2003, 12:18 PM
hd&boatrider:
NastyOne:
I am 2 sided on this. On one hand you have a guy who is basically steeling which we the real paying customers have to pay for... but on the other hand, you describe them like they are homeless or are just less fortunate than yourself. I am going to have to say, let the guy get a drink. Maybe he cant even afford to eat... thats why he didnt order anything. I would have bought him a taco instead of coming back to my office and wasting company time to post on ***boat. (didnt say you did, im just sayin) Most homeless people have made a choice in their lives to not want to put any effort out and make it in life. What I mean by that is to be self-sufficient. I know a thing or two about this personally. As far as wating company time I happen to own the damn thing so I decide how I want to spend my time. You say you did not say that but you did. I couldnt agree with you more about the homless thing. Im just sayin that sometimes things happen in life that are out of your control, and you need a little help.

hd&boatrider
08-18-2003, 12:20 PM
Boozer:
I am sympathetic with some homeless people. But it boils down to this. A lot of those people are homeless only because they have allowed themselves to become that way. Some actually preffer to be homeless since they don't have responsibilities and they can do what they want when they want how they want and pray on other people to supply them with the needed money for food and liquor.
I work in downtown Denver there are homeless people down here everywhere. When I walk to work in the morning I have to literally step over several of them sleeping on the sidewalks next to the steam holes. Some of them have true hard luck stories but most prefer the homeless life.
I have no problem giving a guy some change to go get a coffee or get a burger or whatever I do it almost daily. What I do hate is that some of these guys actually hang out in the local fast food joints and wait to see whos putting cash back in their pockets and as soon you do and you are headed for the door here come the stories to talk you out your money. If you give that person a buck you can bet your ass 4 more people will follow in the foot steps of the first.
Nowadays it's getting bad. There's a guy I see daily that sits in front of a book store down here and says "Got change for a beer and a burger?" Everyday he's there and everyday he says that. There's also this crazy old woman in a wheel chair who just holds out a cup and says "God Bless You." Same spot same story everyday. Obviously it's worthwhile for these people to be out there so they continue to do it and the amount of them continue to grow. My new favorite is the "Thug" hobos that try to initimidate you into giving them money. It doesn't work on me but it seems to work on others.
Personally I think if we all stop feeing into these guys and stop giving them money they will go away. Why ask for money when you know everyone is going to say no?? Ya, what Boozer said.....

hd&boatrider
08-18-2003, 12:22 PM
][/QUOTE]I couldnt agree with you more about the homless thing. Im just sayin that sometimes things happen in life that are out of your control, and you need a little help. [/QB][/QUOTE]
I help enough with my own family. A little help would be to get the friggin' water cup and actually put water in it! Since when did soda become a basic essential ingredient for sustaining ones life. It is all bullshit

NastyOne
08-18-2003, 12:25 PM
hd&boatrider:
]I couldnt agree with you more about the homless thing. Im just sayin that sometimes things happen in life that are out of your control, and you need a little help. [/b][/QUOTE]
I help enough with my own family. A little help would be to get the friggin' water cup and actually put water in it! Since when did soda become a basic essential ingredient for sustaining ones life. It is all bullshit [/QB][/QUOTE]
LMAO.... Ya your right. I think we really got off topic because we didnt see these guys. **** the homeless... and Boozer. :D jk

24RODjr
08-18-2003, 12:27 PM
Dude...I'm telling you...
They don't let this happen at Carl's Jr. They have that strict black tie policy, and the security won't let you in without a reservation...
You need to move up in the world man!

Ziggy
08-18-2003, 12:28 PM
I've helped a few out with food in the past. A true homeless person will be greatful for the BigMac you hand them. :)
To many times I've offered a meal to some of the "roadside" guys but they declined, just money they said. BullShit I say, I ain't gonna feed your habit but I'll feed you. :(
In other words, I will give them something to eat but never any cash because those guys you'll see at the liquer store as soon as they collect enough money for the next bottle of booze.

Boozer
08-18-2003, 12:28 PM
NastyOne:
I like to butt **** the homeless... and Boozer. D [/QB]WTF?????? eek! jawdrop jawdrop eek!

hd&boatrider
08-18-2003, 12:30 PM
LMAO.... Ya your right. I think we really got off topic because we didnt see these guys. **** the homeless... and Boozer. :D jk [/QB][/QUOTE]
Glad to see you are coming around Nasty....lol I was worried about you for a minute there

HighRoller
08-18-2003, 12:31 PM
It's amazing that people will ask you for money to buy something to eat,then when you offer to buy them a sandwich they get all weird.Gee,you weren't gonna buy a bottle of wine with that were you?I never give money,that keeps things simple.It all stems from the story I saw on the cardboard sign guys you see by an off-ramp.This camera crew followed one of them as he walked back to a nice SUV and then tailed him as he drove to a decent house.

hd&boatrider
08-18-2003, 12:32 PM
Boozer:
NastyOne:
I like to butt **** the homeless... and Boozer. D WTF?????? eek! jawdrop jawdrop eek! [/QB]You are brutal Boozer....lol

hd&boatrider
08-18-2003, 12:50 PM
Something else I saw today about some people who seem down on their luck:
Meet the surprisingly rich
Does your eccentric old aunt secretly have millions? Stranger things have happened.
August 4, 2003: 10:31 AM EDT
By Les Christie, CNN/Money Contributing Writer
NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Could someone close to you have a lot of money secretly socked away?
When Joseph Leek died recently he left nearly $1.8 million to an organization that provides guide dogs for the blind. Nothing unusual there. Except that nobody, not even his own family, had any idea that he had that kind of money.
The 90-year-old Britisher lived like a pauper, according to his daughters. He watched television at a neighbor's house to save on electricity, put off home repairs, and bought secondhand clothes.
Just another English eccentric? Actually, Leek is the latest example in a long line of people who have astonished family, friends, and society in general by leaving large estates after leading poverty-stricken lifestyles.
Call them the surprisingly rich.
Millionaires in rags
Leek's story drew publicity because he left his money to charity, but Peggy Sheahan Knee, an estate attorney and elder-law practitioner in Saddle Brook, N.J., sees similar cases all the time that never hit the headlines.
"I see many more people who have more money than family members realize than those who have less," she said.
She cites a case in which the state of New Jersey recruited her to help find the lucky heirs of a homeless women who died in a seedy welfare hotel. The state had uncovered more than a million dollars in savings that belonged to the woman.
Sometimes, "it's about control," said Marlin S. Potash, a psychologist who specializes in money issues. People who pretend to be poorer than they are may be terrified that they won't have enough money to meet an emergency. So they keep quiet about their wealth for fear it will be taken away from them.
For others, Potash says, it can be a way to surprise and please loved ones after you die.
One family she's familiar with, however, did not sound pleased. The children and even the wife were infuriated when they learned after the family patriarch died that they were much wealthier than they ever realized. They had felt deprived for years.
"Now," Potash said, "they're spending like crazy."
Finding pleasure in pinching pennies
For people like the Rev. Vertrue Sharp (that's his real name), who raised hay and cattle, in addition to preaching and teaching, making sacrifices was no hardship.
His sister told the Knoxville News-Sentinel that Sharp saved every penny he made. When he died in 1999, he left an estate of $2 million to the East Tennessee Children's Hospital, the University of Tennessee Medical Center, and other charities.
People like that don't feel that they're missing out, says Potash. It pleases them to devote their lives to saving enough money to have impact on the lives of others.
Another case in point is that of an English spinster, Mary Guthrie Essame, a retired nurse who lived in an old Victorian house in East Sussex.
Her friend and neighbor, Monica Unter, told the local newspaper, The Argus, that Essame clad herself in such worn clothes and old shoes that no one knew how well off she was. Neighbors were shocked to learn that her estate amounted to a whopping $10 million when she died in January 2002. (The money was left to a host of charities.)
Then there's Joe Temeczko, who roamed his Minneapolis neighborhood looking for throwaways to fix up and sell or give away. The Polish immigrant and former prisoner of war did odd jobs, had no family, and lived in a modest house filled with the things he scavenged from the street.
His attorney, William Wangensteen, describes himself as "blown away" when Temeczko's bank called a few years ago, trying to enlist Wangensteen's support in persuading the little old man with the thick accent to convert his million-dollar bank account into more lucrative investments.
Before that, Wangensteen had no idea that the handyman who rotated the attorney's screens and storm windows every spring and fall was so rich. Wangensteen says Temeczko would get free food from local charities and read newspapers in the store so he wouldn't have to buy them.
Temeczko took the news of the 9/11 attacks hard; he had his will rewritten, leaving $1.4 million to the City of New York. He died a few weeks later in October 2001 at age 86.
Temeczko's bequest helped fund a park renovation, as well as "The Daffodil Project," in which thousands of volunteers planted more than two million flower bulbs across New York City as a living memorial to 9/11 victims. Appropriate, because Temeczko loved gardening and often shared the products of his labors with friends and neighbors.
"I would say he was a happy man," said Wangensteen.

totenhosen
08-18-2003, 02:09 PM
HighRoller:
It's amazing that people will ask you for money to buy something to eat,then when you offer to buy them a sandwich they get all weird.Gee,you weren't gonna buy a bottle of wine with that were you?There is this mutha-fer by my house that always hangs at the gas station asking for money and holding an empty gas can. His gig is that he ran out of gas and needs some $ to put gas in his car so that he can go home. So one day I told him
to bring his gas can over to me and I'd put some gas in there. Of course he than declined. Since than he switched locations but he's still pulling the same shit.
If they are that stupid to give him the water cup w/o ordering anything that's their problem. They need to regulate that. When I went to college the local restuarants use to make sure people didn't reuse old soda cups or fill up water cups with soda.
[ August 18, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: totenhosen ]

Rod-64
08-18-2003, 02:18 PM
There's the three same assholes that always go boat to boat in the channel asking for beers and cigs.......they've come up to me at least 4 times this year and they are starting to piss me off. One of them asked me to use my cell phone becacause he just got out of jail and wanted to tell his friend he was out.......I told him to take a hike. I've been going to the channel for 5 years now and I've never seen it this bad with the lowlife moochers. And these guys are stout 35-45 years old......very capable of getting a job.

Mrs.909er
08-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Here is my .02 not as if it matters....
My man sees homeless guys everyday @ work. The only thing we have ever given any of them is dog food to feed their starving dogs.....and for the lower class ....formula to feed the kids that they should not be having/ In Riverside where he works there is a park where a van full of food and drinks arrives everyday to feed them. They are getting everything they need...free food...money for drugs/beer ( from people that feel sorry for them)....and they are normally too f---ed up to care about where they sleep. They are just lazy and could easily get a job making min. wage somewhere. They CHOOSE this lifestyle.
And for the lower class people....they need to stop having kids!!!!
I don't feel sorry for any of them...nor do i care if they get soda in a water cup.....I use to be a manager @ In-N-Out and soda does not cost that much....Oh by the way if you bring your own coffee cup to In-N-Out they will fill it up for free everyday wink ...and if you save your In-N-Out soda cup they will also fill it up for free.....just ask for a refill...or walk in and do it your self. wink
If you really feel that sorry for anyone....pick them up and drop them off in Riverside!! :D

AzDon
08-18-2003, 04:16 PM
As a trucker, a lot of the places I stop have panhandlers hanging around. Sometimes, when asked about "spare money", I explain to them that there is no such thing! Another guy asked if I had any spare change and I replied, "No, how about you?" He actually burst out laughing!

Froggystyle
08-18-2003, 04:58 PM
A local radio station around here in San Diego tried to pay a panhandler to wear a 91X sandwich board at a stop light for 8 hours instead of the "homeless, help etc..." sign he usually held up. For his effort, they offered him $10 an hour, which amounts to pretty good wages in a real job. He laughed and refused whole-heartedly. When asked why????
He makes that in 5 minutes. Every single rotation of the light he takes down an average of $5 with one lap of the line. Some just give him $5 and call it a day, sometimes he actually has to hustle the "change" a dollar at a time. Bottom line is, this scumbag is making over $120 a hour on average... depending on traffic flow.
Must be everything he can do to keep putting on those shitty shoes and duds.
No compassion from me at all. F em.

JustMVG
08-18-2003, 05:26 PM
One of the local news programs did a "Investigative" Report, the followed this one guy around for a week, he had a "route" that he did everyday, went from ramp to ramp and intersection to intersection. The guy was pulling in some major cash, if they offered food or water he politely declined and went to the next vehicle.
When his "work day" was over he went to his Cadillac, changed his clothes and went home, a very nice home in the suburbs. When the reporter finally caught up to the guy he just pushed the camera out of his face and told the crew to F off. He was back out there on his "route" a week after the story was shown and rakin in the cash. :mad:
I have compassion for those that are truly down on their luck, but if i see the same guy/gal at the same spot for more than a day or 2 i just see them as pro's and pass on by. There are too many programs out there to help the "homeless" that are not being utilized by the folks that need them, and the BSers sieze every opportunity to get by on our dime. :mad:
[ August 18, 2003, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: MandMVG ]

HighRoller
08-18-2003, 06:35 PM
A-holes like that guy screw it up for people in REAL need.I'd love for the news crew to have that tape played to the guy's kids so they can ask him why he's doin it.I learned at a young age the same lesson.We were all walking in to eat in Long Beach and some guy was peddling for bucks.As far as rich people who look poor,there was a famous lady from England who was so cheap she refused to take her kid to the hospital when he broke his arm.When she died she had 93 million dollars.I can't stand people like that.I started my own business because half the people I worked for tried to get me to do a little extra to"help"them and acted like they were going broke.I,of course knew the truth because I did the daily receipts. One year this A-hole tells me he can't"afford" to pay my X-mas bonus.Okay I understand.Then the next day he calls me into the store room to brag about the 1200 dollar vacuum he bought his wife. When I asked him how much he payed he laughed and said"I didn't buy it,the business did."

Mrs Scuba
08-18-2003, 07:51 PM
Mrs.909er:
Here is my .02 not as if it matters....
My man sees homeless guys everyday @ work. The only thing we have ever given any of them is dog food to feed their starving dogs.....and for the lower class ....formula to feed the kids that they should not be having/ In Riverside where he works there is a park where a van full of food and drinks arrives everyday to feed them. They are getting everything they need...free food...money for drugs/beer ( from people that feel sorry for them)....and they are normally too f---ed up to care about where they sleep. They are just lazy and could easily get a job making min. wage somewhere. They CHOOSE this lifestyle.
And for the lower class people....they need to stop having kids!!!!
I don't feel sorry for any of them...nor do i care if they get soda in a water cup.....I use to be a manager @ In-N-Out and soda does not cost that much....Oh by the way if you bring your own coffee cup to In-N-Out they will fill it up for free everyday wink ...and if you save your In-N-Out soda cup they will also fill it up for free.....just ask for a refill...or walk in and do it your self. wink
If you really feel that sorry for anyone....pick them up and drop them off in Riverside!! :D By the way Mrs909er, how's work going for you?
To add to your post, I work for a staffing company, we basically find people work. I have always had people come in that you can tell are homeless, there are some that live in motels and move from week to week, sometimes I can't even locate them because they haven't worked and don't have anywhere to stay. I try really hard to place some of these people to work, but they have to seem eager, the ones that come in smelling like alcohol, or upset at life for some reason, I would rather not deal with since you never know what can happen when you send them out. They can injure themselves or they can create a scene at the company site. I had one employee who smelled really bad, his clothes was dirty and torn and he came in every morning at 7am to ask if I had work for him (he was there before I was). He brought in his same old paper bag with his lunch in it, and asked if I could send him out every day of the week. Needless to say I would make an effort to send him out to work and he never did me wrong. Every company I sent him out to loved him. I've had others that practically beg for a job and when I set them to go work, they don't show up. Ocassionally you have to take chances but other times why should you it makes you look bad at the end. It all depends on how persistent they are and their willingness to do anything. Some people come in haven't worked in years and don't want less than $10/hr, and they have no expereince, and would rather live on the street and beg for money. I work in this industry and see alot from this point and some people just don't seem to want to EARN a living they want things handed to them for free. It's hard to put your job on the line for someone but sometimes they make it worth it and alot of the time they don't. I just think everyone should have that opportunity. Plus, those are the people that always put more effort into the job more than anyone else (most of the time). I guess I'm undecided about this since I've seen responsible and irresponsible bums.

Mrs.909er
08-18-2003, 07:56 PM
How did you know I got a job? :confused:

HighRoller
08-18-2003, 08:14 PM
I'm in favor of helping people,but not just blind generosity.I will do almost anything to help someone who is trying to help themselves,but won't lift a finger for a professional moocher.I can't fathom these people who have been out of work for 39 WEEKS then ask for an EXTENSION of their unemployment!!They say they can't find work anywhere...boohoo....I've never been in a fast food place that wasn't hiring.I know of not less than 10 trucking companies that will train you and give you a job with little qualification.It's just that these lazy asses are sitting at home waiting for a phone call from a company who will pay them 20 bucks an hour.Yup,nothing stimulates the economy like unemployment.

Mrs Scuba
08-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Mrs.909er:
How did you know I got a job? :confused: You mentioned it on one of the other threads. You said you couldn't be on the forums too much, due to your NEW job.
Soooooooo, how's it goin'? :D

Mrs Scuba
08-18-2003, 08:29 PM
HighRoller:
I'm in favor of helping people,but not just blind generosity.I will do almost anything to help someone who is trying to help themselves,but won't lift a finger for a professional moocher.I can't fathom these people who have been out of work for 39 WEEKS then ask for an EXTENSION of their unemployment!!They say they can't find work anywhere...boohoo....I've never been in a fast food place that wasn't hiring.I know of not less than 10 trucking companies that will train you and give you a job with little qualification.It's just that these lazy asses are sitting at home waiting for a phone call from a company who will pay them 20 bucks an hour.Yup,nothing stimulates the economy like unemployment. That I agree with. That is why I do my part. When I call an employee and they say that they make more money staying at home on unemployment. Guess where my next call goes to. The EDD office. Cut those wages and then guess what they're calling in looking for work. It actually works out pretty well for me at least, cause guess what then they have to sit at home while I send others to work, not making a dime from me or EDD, since they declined the job offer. :D That's pretty mean but at that point I really don't care anymore. :mad:

Mrs.909er
08-18-2003, 08:44 PM
[ September 02, 2003, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Mrs.909er ]

HighRoller
08-18-2003, 08:56 PM
Just make sure you keep them off the boards!***boat is cracking down on underagers :D eek!

Mrs.909er
08-18-2003, 08:58 PM
ya....what's that all about....I never knew anyone on here was underage.