PDA

View Full Version : Shady Business

Boozer
09-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Just a little forwarning for you guys.
I have been job hunting for a while now and recently interviewed with a company called General Steel. If any of you ever need a steel building I would highly adivse you NOT do business with this company.
The company is based solely off of a bait and hook sales approach. They advertise a certain building for a certain price and when you call in to get what was advertised it is conveniently sold out. You then have to sign a contract and so on so forth. When the deal is done you end up paying 3-4 times more then what you were originally quoted pricewise.
The company is based here in Denver but is a national ditributor of steel buildings. So beware. Needless to say, regardless of the ungodly income I'd make working for this company I will not be accepting their job offer. High income is great but not at the cost of the livelyhood of other people.

spectratoad
09-05-2003, 11:12 AM
I have been shopping for some for both work and myself and I have had several calls from various manuf. and one was from the guy in the shipping dept. who said, "I really shouldn't be calling this is the salesmans job but we had one that was supposed to go to a show for display but the show was cancelled and if you order it today...."
I applaud you for putting integrity before money, can you give my ex-wife a call and have you thought about running for political office? Oh wait honesty always loses. :D

STGP
09-05-2003, 12:03 PM
Atta Boy Boozer,playing straight never fails. Just remember bad money spends bad!!

Stupid Fast
09-05-2003, 01:28 PM
I have delt with them before. Never again. They lost alot of money and so did we. Go with AC&S, Butler(top of the line) or Newcor. Building price is more but install is much less costly

NOTALENT
09-05-2003, 02:03 PM
GOOD LUCK JOB HUNTING. I JUST FOUND ONE WITH ATK ENGINES IN COSTA MESA. TOOK A COUPLE MONTHS.

VillainDave
09-05-2003, 04:29 PM
I know what you're talking about Boozer the steel company i work for won't do business with them either!

LUVNLIFE
09-05-2003, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the tip. I get asked about the steel buildings all the time.

Mandelon
09-05-2003, 07:44 PM
They advertise a lot on the radio here in San Diego. I wondered how you could get such a big building so cheap...Now I know. You should tell Paul Haaaaaaarvey. :p

Boozer
09-06-2003, 05:58 AM
Mandelon:
They advertise a lot on the radio here in San Diego. I wondered how you could get such a big building so cheap...Now I know. You should tell Paul Haaaaaaarvey. :p The way that they offer the buildings so cheap is buy offering you a steel building which consists of 4 steel walls and a roof. Windows and doors are extra. From what I understand a LOT extra.