PDA

View Full Version : Do You Take Football A Little Too Serious?

HavasuDreamin'
09-30-2003, 07:36 AM
Tuesday, September 30, 2003
Associated Press
PINSON, Ala. -- A Pinson man was charged with attempted murder for holding a gun to his son's head and pulling the trigger in the midst of a tantrum after Alabama's double overtime loss to Arkansas Saturday.
The bullet narrowly missed 20-year-old Seth Logan, who said he picked the wrong time to ask his dad for a car, sheriff's spokesman Deputy Randy Christian said Monday.
Joseph Alan Logan, 46, surrendered to police Saturday and was charged with attempted murder and domestic violence. He was released from the Jefferson County jail Sunday on $7,500 bond.
"I know we take football serious in the South," Christian told The Birmingham News for a Tuesday story, "but that's crossing the line."
The request upset Joseph Logan because his son has already wrecked several vehicles, Logan told investigators.
"He claimed he was just trying to scare his son," Christian said.
According to the police report, Joseph Logan had been drinking alcohol and began slamming doors, tossing boxes and throwing dishes in the sink after the Crimson Tide lost its football game to Arkansas, 34-31 in double overtime Saturday.
While Joseph Logan was throwing the tantrum, Seth Logan asked for a new car.
Joseph Logan then retrieved a 9 mm pistol from his car, grabbed his son by the collar and pressed the gun to his son's forehead, the report said.
Logan threatened to shoot his son in the head, then pulled the trigger.
Seth Logan moved his head just as his father fired and the bullet whizzed past him, the report said.
Seth Logan fled to a neighbor's house to call police. He told police his ear was numb and his head ringing, but he was OK.
Sheriff's authorities called the SWAT team after discovering the armed father still had a 13-year-old son in the house with him.
Joseph Alan Logan walked out of the house with the other son and turned himself in to police just before the SWAT team arrived, Christian said.

Blown 472
09-30-2003, 07:39 AM
That and the reports of domestic abuse go up after "their" team loses.

Hermosa
09-30-2003, 07:44 AM
These are people or "trash" that have probably never played the game to start with. Nice family...

HammerDown
09-30-2003, 09:45 AM
I belive my neighbor "Tommy TouchDown" and his friends watch EVERY game with there face painted and there paints down around there ankles....Go Team....lol :D
Me, I could give a Rats A** about "the Game" :p

al cole'holic
09-30-2003, 09:48 AM
I don't know if I take the games too serious, but if I miss my bets and parlay I break stuff. frown

Jrocket
09-30-2003, 09:58 AM
HavasuDreamin':
He was released from the Jefferson County jail Sunday on $7,500 bond.
What a joke! :mad:

h2oski2fast
09-30-2003, 09:59 AM
Now that's disipline! Already crashed a couple of cars, and is asking for another one? Hell, kid get job and buy your own car. We need more control over these spoiled little punks nowadays. Ok, I agree trying to shoot him in the head was a little harsh, but I'll bet he never asks for another car.

BUSTI
09-30-2003, 10:04 AM
A friend of mine in law enforcement has told me before that more cases of spousal abuse occur during the football season than at any other time of the year. Which I think is rediculous, because I just pick on the dog when my team loses. This week end when Cal beat USC I went out back and beat the dog for at least one hour...but I would never harm my wife or family! :D

River Lynchmob
09-30-2003, 12:22 PM
fortunately or unfortunately im not sure which but i dont have a dog or wife so i take it out on the phone and remote control.

Ziggy
09-30-2003, 12:36 PM
When my team looses(which is quite normal) I do the RD thing........
Zig---just shaking his head :rolleyes:
I love my wife and kids too much to harm(or scare) them.

ROZ
09-30-2003, 02:29 PM
Ziggy:
When my team looses(which is quite normal) I see I'm not the only CHarger fan..... wink