PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist Attacks....

Mandelon
02-16-2003, 06:47 AM
Are any of you guys actually worried about being a victim of a towel head scheme for world domination??
I saw on the news all the folks buying plastic and duct tape to seal themselves in their homes in case of a gas or bio attack. Absolutely Ridiculous!! There's so much air leakage in an average home, it would take a whole lot of plastic and duct tape, and some training to do it right.
Maybe if I worked at a famous building I might think twice. Anybody worried???

bchbum
02-16-2003, 06:59 AM
I work downwind of the Long Beach & L.A. harbours if something comes in a container me and alot of people I know are done . But you can't live in fear

NashvilleBound
02-16-2003, 07:43 AM
I, a few years ago, was heavily into survivalism. Most of the gear you can buy in a store(gas masks, chem suits) are not meant for todays chemicals. They are surplus from years gone by.
Duct tapeing your windows...If you are really going to try this, I think its a waste of time, pick one room, (a safe room?) and duct tape everything...this includes light sockets, lights in the ceiling, AC ducts....everything.
My reccomendation...make sure you have plenty of water and canned foods. Fill you propane tanks batteries, radio, you get it. And be smart...common sense goes a long way on something like this.
I pray none of us will ever need to be in a position like that but there are just too many crazies out there!
NB

JetBoatRich
02-16-2003, 07:50 AM
I am not going to duct tape my house and live in fear. Who is wrong me for not living that way or the people who do and are scared of everything?

ezstriper
02-16-2003, 07:50 AM
I don't know what all you guy's think but I think
it's time we take our country BACK !It's obvious
our leaders are to worried about being pollictilly
correct !Just my 2c Rob...

O.B eddie
02-16-2003, 07:54 AM
I think we need to stop letting them buy all these convenience stores ie: 7-11's am.pm's than round em all up and ship em back!!!

JetBoatRich
02-16-2003, 08:01 AM
O.B eddie:
I think we need to stop letting them buy all these convenience stores ie: 7-11's am.pm's than round em all up and ship em back!!! AMEN

Sandbar Junkies
02-16-2003, 08:18 AM
The only reason I bought the duct tape was for the BONDAGE PARTY with the wife.

Sangster
02-16-2003, 08:31 AM
Well if you Duct tape a room or your whole house to an air tight condition....Won't you run out of air to breath... :confused: I say bring all or troops home, Spread them across the entire US..Protect the homeland....Let FRANCE, MEXICO, CHILE and the rest surrender to terrorism..You're either with US or you're with them....

Kindsvater Flat
02-16-2003, 08:34 AM
NashvilleBound:
I, a few years ago, was heavily into survivalism. Most of the gear you can buy in a store(gas masks, chem suits) are not meant for todays chemicals. They are surplus from years gone by.
Duct tapeing your windows...If you are really going to try this, I think its a waste of time, pick one room, (a safe room?) and duct tape everything...this includes light sockets, lights in the ceiling, AC ducts....everything.
My reccomendation...make sure you have plenty of water and canned foods. Fill you propane tanks batteries, radio, you get it. And be smart...common sense goes a long way on something like this.
I pray none of us will ever need to be in a position like that but there are just too many crazies out there!
NB Survivalism???? How long do you think the oxygen is going to last in that room since it is all sealed up? Let alone cooking or heating with the propane.

JetBoatRich
02-16-2003, 08:37 AM
Looks like we are all doomed eek!

Sangster
02-16-2003, 08:44 AM
And don't forget to put a carbon monoxcide sensor in the room also..So you know when to kiss your ass goodby...Atleast there will be plenty of Food,Water ect. for the looters that come to help themselfs to your shit..... eek! Jest a little North West Coast Thinkin'....
[ February 16, 2003, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

NEW 2 RIVER
02-16-2003, 09:47 AM
Someone suggested this plastic and tape thing to me.I cant beleive people are considering this.This reminds me of the 2K hoax(no water,electric,fuel the whole country as we knew it would lose all function at 12 midnight dec 31 2000)The way I see it if some one can get any type of chemical warfare on a large scale in our country aint no plastic going to save us.And our millitary aint going to let that happen anyways.
:)

Mohavekid
02-16-2003, 09:51 AM
There's little we can do if a chemical or biological weapon is used against us. The only hope we have is that it's not in our area. The equipment available to us as civilians is not designed to protect us from the current batch of toxins. Besides, I refuse to change what my family and I do based upon this very remote risk.
That being said, I have water, food and some emergency supplies just in case. Basically the same stuff you'd have in case of an earthquake.

Thunderbutt
02-16-2003, 09:57 AM
What about the guy that visqeened his hole house. That was 3 days ago so by now he should be dead. Pour dommy.

comin' unscrewed
02-16-2003, 10:51 AM
On January 1, 2000 my wife's older sister and her husband had a very difficult time figuring out what to do with the dozens of barrels of rice, water, beans and all the shelves of canned goods they had stored.
I still love to give 'em grief about it. This gas thing fits in the same catagory IMHO.

Sangster
02-16-2003, 10:57 AM
Mohavekid:
There's little we can do if a chemical or biological weapon is used against us. The only hope we have is that it's not in our area. The equipment available to us as civilians is not designed to protect us from the current batch of toxins. Besides, I refuse to change what my family and I do based upon this very remote risk.
That being said, I have water, food and some emergency supplies just in case. Basically the same stuff you'd have in case of an earthquake. MOHOKID....I think it's a very remote risk that they'll hit Yuba City...The Hockshnods own that place...And besides it's to close to CFW..... :D :D

Seadog
02-16-2003, 01:49 PM
Chemicals, disease and bombs can kill people, but panic can destroy nations. Even under the treat of the USSR nukes, it was believed that there would be survivors. We have become so complacent with our lack of daily risk that we seek the thrill of death and panic when it is not under our control..

Dusty Times
02-16-2003, 02:09 PM
I think people are still trying to sell generators from the last panic session.
After this scare there will be a new one.

Moomawnster
02-16-2003, 02:28 PM
I read that the average room has 4 hrs of air for 1 person ... some help that is ! On the other hand I am now stuck at home because the snow is impassable here and I am glad I've got some stuff in the basement , especially if the ice knocks out the power . No I don't have a generator, even the small ones use a couple of gallons an hr and would only be useful if you store 50 gal drums of gas ... back to the basics! eek!

NashvilleBound
02-16-2003, 06:06 PM
I certainly didnt mean to bbq in the "safe room". :rolleyes: I meant that duct taping the room is supposed to be a temporary space. Filling up your propane tanks and having water/food is for the rush that will happen on the local stores.
sheesh.... wink

Moomawnster
02-17-2003, 01:52 AM
I'm tellin ya the safe room is a stupid idea! [Hey the government suggested it after all!] 4 hrs max IF your alone ! I ask you, what the hell good is that!......... It's NEVER a bad idea to have food in your house though! S.O.P in the country .....

miller19j
02-17-2003, 09:42 AM
NashvilleBound:
I certainly didnt mean to bbq in the "safe room". :rolleyes: I meant that duct taping the room is supposed to be a temporary space. Filling up your propane tanks and having water/food is for the rush that will happen on the local stores.
sheesh.... wink Jeff,
You could always come up here and we will go shoot a couple of deer and keep you in Jerky for a long time. Rednecks don’t need stores. wink :D

Liberator TJ1984
02-17-2003, 09:51 AM
Sleep with my AR-15 every night, many full clips and several thousand rounds of ammo...at least I might be able to fend off looters for a while???

Spirit of Discovery
02-17-2003, 10:31 AM
I think it is a waste of time. If they hit So. Ca., it will be at Seal Beach where they have all our nukes stored for the Pacific Fleet! If they hit that, Lake Tahoe will be ocean front property and we'll all be vaporized! I'm just living life as usual. When my Maker calls my name, nothin' I'm gonna do about it! See y'all....well, some of you, in Heaven!!

MJ19
02-17-2003, 11:46 AM
miller19j:
NashvilleBound:
sheesh.... wink Jeff,
You could always come up here and we will go shoot a couple of deer and keep you in Jerky for a long time. Rednecks don’t need stores. wink :D I was wondering when my little 'provider' was going to say something about not needing a store for your food when you have a back yard full of critters :D

NashvilleBound
02-17-2003, 04:36 PM
MJ19:
miller19j:
NashvilleBound:
sheesh.... wink Jeff,
You could always come up here and we will go shoot a couple of deer and keep you in Jerky for a long time. Rednecks don’t need stores. wink :D I was wondering when my little 'provider' was going to say something about not needing a store for your food when you have a back yard full of critters :D I'm all good with a jerky diet! I thought we would have had a stray by now :rolleyes: