PDA

View Full Version : Tonight I'm PISSED!!!

Brian
03-15-2006, 05:25 PM
For those of you who know me, normally I'm fairly easy going... but tonight somebody needs to peel me off the ceiling because I'm PISSED!!!
I live in a gated neighborhood. Not my choice but it's nice so I'm ok with it most of the time. I'm driving in through the gate, boat in tow, and for whatever reason tonight the gate decides to close on my boat. Maybe I should have expected a problem because one half of the gate was already open. Four big scratches in the side, rub rail screwed up. HOA gets a really nasty phone call tomorrow... :mad: :mad: :mad:
I sure hope they are reasonable about this or things could get really ugly!
:cool:

Red Horse
03-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Good luck. Read your HOAs CC&Rs. IF you pay to maintain the gates you might also own them. If you own them and they screwed up it is on you. Not sure about your HOA, but read the CC&Rs first. :cool:

SOMEBEACH
03-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Best of luck with that. Hope it all turns out well !!

phebus
03-15-2006, 05:42 PM
You say big scratches, but are they deep, or more like scuffs? Could be an easy fix if they can be wet sanded out and buffed.

Brian
03-15-2006, 05:57 PM
All the way through the color into the white underneath. Will be reading those CCRs tonight...
:argue:

NashvilleBound
03-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Good thing its a beginner ride.... JUST KIDDING!! Sorry to hear about that......that really sucks. Looks like a nice ride.

Jordy
03-15-2006, 06:09 PM
That sucks. Moving the boat??? Water test perhaps??? But at any rate that really sucks. :(

Red Horse
03-15-2006, 06:10 PM
We had a similar thing happen in our neighborhood. Wife sat on board so I knew what happend. Gates malfunctioned and slammed on guys new Cadillac STS. He was pissed, as well he should be. Lawyer of management company determined that since he owned the gates, as well as the other HOA members then he was liable for the damage incured. What finally happened it is went to vote before the neigborhood to see if we as a HOA wanted to pay for repairs to his car. Needless to say, they didnt want to. His insurance took care of it. Gates break all the time and most HOA dont spend the money to fix them or have a maintenance contract on them. They open and close MANY times a day. You might want to suggest to your HOA to keep them open from 0600-0800 and then again from 1600-1800. This would reduce amount of operation time quite a bit. :cool:

dicudmore
03-15-2006, 06:16 PM
sorry to hear that Brian...that sucks :mad:

termiteguy
03-15-2006, 06:34 PM
We had a similar thing happen in our neighborhood. Wife sat on board so I knew what happend. Gates malfunctioned and slammed on guys new Cadillac STS. He was pissed, as well he should be. Lawyer of management company determined that since he owned the gates, as well as the other HOA members then he was liable for the damage incured. What finally happened it is went to vote before the neigborhood to see if we as a HOA wanted to pay for repairs to his car. Needless to say, they didnt want to. His insurance took care of it. Gates break all the time and most HOA dont spend the money to fix them or have a maintenance contract on them. They open and close MANY times a day. You might want to suggest to your HOA to keep them open from 0600-0800 and then again from 1600-1800. This would reduce amount of operation time quite a bit. :cool:
if this is the case and you own them then simply remove them see what they say then and when they tell you cant remove them then hand the bill and tell them to deduct your portion of the bill 200 residents 200 people owe you money

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Sorry to hear that brian:( Ive got one thing to say......F*CK H.O.A :mad: Thats why I still live in the hood! All my neighbors are cool peeps. I dont even know why they have have gates in communities. Its not like thieves cant get in. Ive been to a friends house and I couldnt get in for 3 hrs :mad: I hope they take care of your boat.

Red Horse
03-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Dont get me wrong, I hate that this happen to his boat. I was always concerned with this as well at my gates. Used to hit the button all the time and haul ass in there.
Gates dont keep anyone out. All they do is lock the sorry F*$%ers in the place. :cool:

OutCole'd
03-15-2006, 07:00 PM
That sucks Brian!! Sorry to hear this.

Brian
03-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Good thing its a beginner ride...
Just a Magic, no big deal... ;)
Red Horse, good points, we'll see how this HOA makes the call. I'm trying not to get really unglued. Not worth the blood pressure. At any rate, it is another reason to seriously consider getting the F*** out of the controlled neighborhood situation. Now if I could just convince my better half...
On one hand, of course I hope they step up and let the neighborhood insurance policy take care of it because I sure as hell ain't putting in a claim with mine. Not my fault or something my insurance should be liable for. Also don't want to rock the boat since I'm getting a very fair deal with a boat that's hard to insure. On the other hand, if the HOA screws me then I have some serious ammo with the family CFO to get the F*** outta this place and into something with freedom. We'll see tomorrow...
Jordy, no such luck. The intercooler is at the welding shop getting put back together, so I'm still a week+ away from a dyno session and motor insertion. I'm hoping for water mid-April because I have a bunch of friends showing up at Havasu from CA and I don't want to miss the first big party weekend of the season!

OutCole'd
03-15-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm hoping for water mid-April because I have a bunch of friends showing up at Havasu from CA and I don't want to miss the first big party weekend of the season!
What weekend is this?

ahhell
03-15-2006, 07:29 PM
F- Hoa's

Brian
03-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Sorry to hear that brian:( Ive got one thing to say......F*CK H.O.A :mad: Thats why I still live in the hood! All my neighbors are cool peeps. I dont even know why they have have gates in communities. Its not like thieves cant get in. Ive been to a friends house and I couldnt get in for 3 hrs :mad: I hope they take care of your boat.
Good points, I agree. The only thing gates do is annoy the hell out of the inmates. I'm ready for a change...
:220v:

GHT
03-15-2006, 07:36 PM
For those of you who know me, normally I'm fairly easy going... but tonight somebody needs to peel me off the ceiling because I'm PISSED!!!
I live in a gated neighborhood. Not my choice but it's nice so I'm ok with it most of the time. I'm driving in through the gate, boat in tow, and for whatever reason tonight the gate decides to close on my boat. Maybe I should have expected a problem because one half of the gate was already open. Four big scratches in the side, rub rail screwed up. HOA gets a really nasty phone call tomorrow... :mad: :mad: :mad:
I sure hope they are reasonable about this or things could get really ugly!
Should pan out in your favor. The Gates have sensors in the pavement and the sensitivity is obviously not adjusted correctly.
If someone damages the gates they will pay for the repairs out of the association. Therefore they will have insurance and should be able to cover the damage to your boat.
Do ya'll have cameras at the entries?

YeLLowBoaT
03-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Gates only seem to keep the ppl you want in, out.....
Sorry to hear about the boat. Correct me if i am wrong, arn't gates supose to have some type of sensor to keep this thing happening???? If so the some 1 is liable for it...even if your part of it, a split in the cost is better then all of it.

Brian
03-15-2006, 07:37 PM
if this is the case and you own them then simply remove them see what they say then and when they tell you cant remove them then hand the bill and tell them to deduct your portion of the bill 200 residents 200 people owe you money
:D

Brian
03-15-2006, 07:40 PM
What weekend is this?
4/16 for sure, and maybe the one before as well. Oh yeah, and the one at the end of the month too. Can't be missing the poker run and BBSP XXX or whatever it's up to now!
:)

24ROD
03-15-2006, 07:43 PM
Brian, sorry to hear of your troubles with the gate. I'm sure it will work out for you. :argue: See you at the lake.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-16-2006, 08:36 AM
Damn, that sucks Brian. Hopefully it all works out. Hope the family is doing well.

NautiTwins
03-16-2006, 08:48 AM
This is the best advice yet.

Brian
03-16-2006, 06:15 PM
My better more reasonable half called the HOA today and apparently had a constructive conversation that makes us believe that something will be done about it. Don't have details yet, but we are hopeful for a good outcome. My wife didn't trust me to call this morning so she beat me to it. Must have thought I'd yell at somebody or something. Ok she's probably right!

Mardonzi
03-16-2006, 06:20 PM
good luck you you,, I know I would be livid if it happened to me.

roln 20s
03-20-2006, 09:42 PM
My better more reasonable half called the HOA today and apparently had a constructive conversation that makes us believe that something will be done about it. Don't have details yet, but we are hopeful for a good outcome. My wife didn't trust me to call this morning so she beat me to it. Must have thought I'd yell at somebody or something. Ok she's probably right!
Hey Brina-- this sucks, Scott told me about it over the weekend. And YES, I'm sure Amy did the smart thing by calling first :) Hope it all works out. I will be at Havasu the 15th of April with a crew of peps...but always can make room for you if you need a spot :D This DCB owner doesn't discriminate :)
Roln 20s

deltarat
03-21-2006, 07:00 AM
Our gates always close prematurely; something very similar happened to my neighbor with his motorhome. He ended up paying for the gate and he was pissed. I always ask the guard to hold the gates open for me when returning with the Fountain in tow, Yes I have to stop and talk to the fu%ctard that couldn’t pull his shit together and get a real job, but if I don’t he will just sit there and watch it happen. I think you should talk to your HOA about its policy on vehicles with trailers in tow and turn this whole preventable situation around on them.

Jordy
03-21-2006, 07:39 AM
Hey Brian, how's the project coming??? Supposed to be a REALLY nice weekend to be at the lake. :D

Silver
03-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Did it all work out ok?

meaniam
03-21-2006, 09:06 AM
i would think hoa would accept responsibilty for the problem as you pay your dues to insure the gates work properly. if they deny it ask for the hoa insurance office im sure they would have to give it to you, and try to file a claim directly. it proably be a whole lot easier then dealing with hoa and those losers. glad i got the hell out of hoa. them telling me i cant have a boat on property was b.s