PDA

View Full Version : My new winter toy.

bohica
07-21-2003, 01:45 PM
I know this is a boating site, but since so many Havasu people go to Glamis, I thought I'd show you my new toy. Very first Funco Big 5, Generation 4 to roll out the door. 450 hp Turbo Subaru with Mendeola tranny. Can't wait to get this thing in the sand. :D
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/data/500/805bohica2-med.jpg
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/data/500/805bohica1-med.jpg
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/data/500/805bohica3.jpg

Jungle Boy
07-21-2003, 02:00 PM
That must be way too much fun. I'd be liking that sport, I'm sure. If you don't mind me asking - What is a rig like that worth?? :D

bohica
07-21-2003, 02:14 PM
For the family fun it provides - priceless.
Actual cost - mid to upper 60's :D

Kilrtoy
07-21-2003, 02:15 PM
Oh that thing is sweet.
That will be our next toy,
How much is it to buy one , like that, that is ready to go...

Mrs.909er
07-21-2003, 02:16 PM
Can I go for a ride?? :D Have fun. Looks nice. Must be nice to have that much $.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-21-2003, 02:32 PM
I'm in the wrong damn business!

bohica
07-21-2003, 02:40 PM
A couple of my Havasu buddies introduced Glamis to me 2 years ago. Worst thing I could have ever done was to check that place out with them. Because of that one trip, I am now broke after buying a new Moho to please the wife, enclosed trailer for the buggy, new buggy and quad for the kids. Shoulda just stayed with the Havasu hobby, nah Glamis is just like the river but sand instead of water. :D
Buggy makes a nice addition to our boat.
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/data/500/914magic.jpg

Mrs.909er
07-21-2003, 02:43 PM
The way I look at it...is now you have something to do all year round. Havasu/ Summer ... Glamis/Winter

Boozer
07-21-2003, 02:49 PM
I wish we could play in the sand in the winter here. Oh well.. Unlike Cali we have REAL snow to play in in the winter.
I went snowboarding in big Bear out there last February.. Sad Sad Sad.
Any of you decide to take a nice ski trip get away when the winter comes let me know and I'll tell you the best places to go.

TOBTEK
07-21-2003, 02:50 PM
awesome new ride....love the paint work, they did a great job. who did your paint?

bohica
07-21-2003, 03:17 PM
Rusty at Twisted Images in Rialto did the paint. Pictures don't do it justice. They brushed the aluminum side panels and painted the blue. The flames are the aluminum and you can see the brushed alum. through the blue. Then clear coated all of it. That guy does some awesome work. :D

mike37
07-21-2003, 07:23 PM
bohica:
I know this is a boating site, but since so many Havasu people go to Glamis, I thought I'd show you my new toy. Very first Funco Big 5, Generation 4 to roll out the door. 450 hp Turbo Subaru with Mendeola tranny. Can't wait to get this thing in the sand. :D
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/data/500/805bohica2-med.jpg
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/data/500/805bohica1-med.jpg
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/data/500/805bohica3.jpg You suck I hate you smile_sp
Nice ride

Windy
07-21-2003, 09:15 PM
That thing is bad ass!!!

woodster
07-21-2003, 09:24 PM
That thing is sick! congrats..Cant wait to get mine.

nextasex
07-21-2003, 09:43 PM
Hey Bohica, super nice rail bro. I know you know quite a bit about rails, so I have a ? for ya,
what is the word on Ricochet rails? Are they one of the top notch rails in Glamis or middle of the way or what. One last ?, 300HP Subaru with a VW bus trans?? What's the deal with that, is that normal? Anyone is welome to answer these questions. I am starting my research on rails and figured I can use this thread.
Thanks,
Frank

woodster
07-21-2003, 09:49 PM
300Hp is pushing it with a bus trans. It wont last long especially if your new to a sandcar.I would spend the extra $ and get a mendeola. The subarus are really good motors for the sandcars. There light and powerful, yet really reliable. I personally am going with a Ls1 vette motor. MY buddy has a northstar with twin turbos eek! Ive been doing alot of research also and ive nevr heard of ricochet before. Do they have a web site?
[ July 21, 2003, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: woodster ]

mbrown2
07-21-2003, 09:56 PM
Bohica, sweet ride...

nextasex
07-21-2003, 11:22 PM
Woodster, thanks for the info, yes Ricochet has a website, run a search on it. Looks like they have some nice rails.
Frank

wsuwrhr
07-22-2003, 03:41 AM
Bohica,
Are you running one of Gary's motors, or is it a Leading Edge? Just curious.
Nice car
Brian

HOSS
07-22-2003, 05:22 AM
Bro. The flames and the rear seats = GAY.

bohica
07-22-2003, 06:06 AM
wsuwrhr:
Bohica,
Are you running one of Gary's motors, or is it a Leading Edge? Just curious.
Nice car
Brian It's one of Gary's from C&G, he builds an awesome motor.
Hey Frank, Richochet is fairly new to building buggies but their stuff looks nice. They have donated a $50K buggy for the ASA raffle that will be held at the sand show in Sept. I believe that Gary's automotive in Havasu is a dealer or somewhat connected to Richochet. Go to the ASA site and buy a chance to win it for $20. I would say the top cars would be Funco, Buckshot, Suspensions Unlimited and Sand Cars Unlimited. Good luck on your search. :D
Hoss - Well I see that people really are 20 years behind the times down in swampland. As for gay, wasn't that you I heard squeling like a pig. eek!

HOSS
07-22-2003, 07:39 AM
Bohica, I just think flame jobs suck. I thought they sucked in the 70`s and I really think they suck now. Ever since I saw a flame job on a Civic I really thought they were over. I also do not like the tribal shit. Some are cool but most are over done. Too busy. Can appreciate the work but just not my bag.
Now rear seating in a sandrail, mud bogger, rock crawler is just plain ****in` stupid. It sucks being the passenger much less in the rear seat! Driving is the only way to go. Passenger second, rear seat, leave me witht the beer and next run, I`ll go for a spin.
Bet you didn`t have a quad moto and rode on the back of everyones. And thats ok. But did you ever wish you had your own?
Rear seating in a sandrail. Isn`t there a rear seat in a Civic? :p
[ July 22, 2003, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: HOSS ]

OCStoker
07-22-2003, 09:04 AM
I have seen this rail in person. It is one of the cleanest rails I have ever seen! Hoss, the rear seats are primarily for the kids, they need to have a place to sit also. Think about it, would you want a boat that only seats two when you have a family of four. That rail with four adults will out dune most other rails with just one or two adults.
Bohica, when somebody from Louisiana says somethimg is "gay", I am preety sure it is a term of endearment.

bohica
07-22-2003, 11:45 AM
OCStoker:
Hoss, the rear seats are primarily for the kids, they need to have a place to sit also. Think about it, would you want a boat that only seats two when you have a family of four. That rail with four adults will out dune most other rails with just one or two adults. Uh hum, so when are you getting rid of your 2 seater. Cassidy said she's gonna make you stand by your word. eek!

=PAYED CA$H=
07-22-2003, 01:14 PM
HOSS= GAY ASS PLAYER HATER.......
HOSS WHAT IS YOUR DEAL WITH HATEN ON EVERYONES SICK ASS SHIT???
"DONT HATE THE PLAYER HATE THE GAME..." :D

Freak
07-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Your rail is trick...
LOL... you always got one in the bunch with the "If it were mine"...comments.

Cs19
07-22-2003, 02:47 PM
people are dumping more money into rails/prerunners than anything right now. its ridiculous. Someone mentioned they are in the wrong business, you got that right,(look at kartek,king shocks,fortin,etc.) Rumor has it fortin trannys are working on getting into outdrives for cigarettes and offshore racing.prototypes are already out i hear.

woodster
07-22-2003, 06:16 PM
nextasex:
Woodster, thanks for the info, yes Ricochet has a website, run a search on it. Looks like they have some nice rails.
Frank Hey Frank if you have the budget, Go with a funco or a buckshot.. They are 2 of the best quality rails out there. But u have to pay some serious dough. I race MX, So i have a feeling when i get a sandcar im gonna wanna launch it and hit the whoops pinned. Thats why im looking at a buckshot.. Lots of $$$ eek!

nextasex
07-22-2003, 08:37 PM
Thanks Bohica and Woodster, your info will help me with my research. I always like the best of the best within my budget. I have always heard that Funco and Sandrails unlimited were pretty HOT cars. Thanks ago. Bohica, your rail is SIIIIICK bro, and so are the graphics, suspension, seats, and everything else it was built with!! I may see you in Glamis for Thanksgiving weekend.
Frank

BADAXE
07-22-2003, 09:32 PM
Gee....are you sure 450hp is going to be enough? wink :D

OCStoker
07-23-2003, 07:55 AM
bohica:
OCStoker:
Hoss, the rear seats are primarily for the kids, they need to have a place to sit also. Think about it, would you want a boat that only seats two when you have a family of four. That rail with four adults will out dune most other rails with just one or two adults. Uh hum, so when are you getting rid of your 2 seater. Cassidy said she's gonna make you stand by your word. eek! I talked to the wife this morning. It looks like we are not going to buy another house, we will stay put. That means FUNCO baby!

Havasu Cig
07-23-2003, 02:09 PM
Duane,
That car is NICE!!! I might have to look at some sand cars soon :D
cs19,
DCB had forton build a drive for a Mach 26 and they blew it up pretty quick from what I was told. I think it was Carlos' boat running a Teague 800.