PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Report 8/8 8/9

hot_diggity_dog
08-10-2003, 07:21 AM
This is for all of you back home wondering whats up.
Friday was hot around 112 and a lot of peeps in town.
Put the boat in the water around 5:00pm and hung in the channel until 8:00pm, by far the best time of the day. El Chingon & Trojan Dan cruised through.
Saturday was another hot one 113 breaking the previous high of 108. Started off in the channel and ran into 24Rod, SVO 540, while I was waiting for XRated to show up, ( He finally got the Spectre 30 Race lite cat with T300X motors broken in and running.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/523/5530_Spectre_X_Rated_7-med.jpg
Lots of boat chop as Havasu is now crowded all the time.
Hung at the sandbar for awhile and decided to cruise up to Needles and float down. Ran into Lendon Smith on the beach, and seen Charley blow by us around 4:00 PM heading towrds the sandbar.
We end up heading back to the sandbar and I'm cruising around 70MPH when I feel and hear a 36+ Skater buzzing my port side, so I veer a little starboard to see XRated blowing by me and its on. Kinda cool running behind two bad ass boats going at it. I Must have looked pretty funny to everyone on shore. Xrated took him out at just over 100+ or so when they backed off due to boat traffic.
Mean while back at the sandbar the BBQ goes out and the fish taco's go on the grill for some unreal grinds.
Feeling full and with a need for speed, XRated (Roger) and I go out for some speed runs, this hull rides bitchen, we did some 100+ runs up and down the river but the water was to smooth to get any really top speeds.
Headed back up to the channel around 8:00 PM and noticed there was a line (10-12 trucks) at Windsor.
Hung out for awhile and called it a night.
So far another great weekend with one more day of boating. :D
So thats what you missed. :(
HDD :cool:
[ August 10, 2003, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: hot_diggity_dog ]

AZKC
08-10-2003, 08:20 AM
Another shitty day in paradise :cool: Thanks for the whats up in Havazoo. 100+ very cool.
KC

Kim Hanson
08-10-2003, 08:27 AM
Sure rub it in HDD, cool to here though.......( . )( . )......... :cool:

Mandelon
08-10-2003, 07:00 PM
We made it down Friday afternoon to the sandbar looking for ya. I really was looking forward to some tacos, HDD. We put in at Topoc and cruised down through the gorge.
Ran into Dimarco bros and hung with those guys for a while. Cool group of friends. Water was way low up at Avi, and its a looooong boat ride down river, so the drive is easier. Stopped by Moabi too, but late in the day and it was quiet on the beach there.
We watched some crazy kids doing flips off the railroad bridge at Topoc.

El Chingon
08-10-2003, 07:59 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
Put the boat in the water around 5:00pm and hung in the channel until 8:00pm, by far the best time of the day. El Chingon & Trojan Dan cruised through.
Good to see you HDD, Both of us were in town for the RRX Regatta, Had a blast!!!

Rod-64
08-10-2003, 08:49 PM
Just got back from the Sandbar.....Man, that cool water is nice......got minor heat prostration and saw 2 boats behind vessel assists. Good day all in all! :)

24ROD
08-10-2003, 09:10 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
Saturday was another hot one 113 breaking the previous high of 108. Started off in the channel and ran into 24Rod, SVO 540, while I was waiting for XRated to show up, ( He finally got the Spectre 30 Race lite cat with T300X motors broken in and running.
Hung at the sandbar for awhile and decided to cruise up to Needles and float down. Ran into Lendon Smith on the beach, and seen Charley blow by us around 4:00 PM heading towrds the sandbar.
We end up heading back to the sandbar and I'm cruising around 70MPH when I feel and hear a 36+ Skater buzzing my port side, so I veer a little starboard to see XRated blowing by me and its on. Kinda cool running behind two bad ass boats going at it. I Must have looked pretty funny to everyone on shore. Xrated took him out at just over 100+ or so when they backed off due to boat traffic.
Mean while back at the sandbar the BBQ goes out and the fish taco's go on the grill for some unreal grinds.
Feeling full and with a need for speed, XRated (Roger) and I go out for some speed runs, this hull rides bitchen, we did some 100+ runs up and down the river but the water was to smooth to get any really top speeds.
Headed back up to the channel around 8:00 PM and noticed there was a line (10-12 trucks) at Windsor.
HDD :cool: We were up past Topock crusin in the middle of the river. When I hear something real loud heading our way, I turn my head to the left white Skater ( maybe your buddy ) glance to the right another Skater multi-colored green one. Both were flying well in excess of 100. What a sight eek! The wife said that she felt awfull small in our boat wink Maybe time to get something bigger smile_sp

hot_diggity_dog
08-11-2003, 05:44 AM
We were up past Topock crusin in the middle of the river. When I hear something real loud heading our way, I turn my head to the left white Skater ( maybe your buddy ) glance to the right another Skater multi-colored green one. Both were flying well in excess of 100. What a sight The wife said that she felt awfull small in our boat Maybe time to get something bigger
Pops,
Good to see you and the Mrs.'s out there. :)
Well have to stop and chat sometime, I think we passed each other 3-4 times but we were always going different directions, next time! wink
Remember mama's right wink you need to step up to the Magic deck now. :D :D

dimarcobros
08-11-2003, 10:17 AM
Mandelon it was great meeting you, your family and your friends. Up4River and myself had a great time with you guys and look forward to the next time. I will definatley be cutting up some limes for the next trip. :D wink
We had great 4 days on the river until late Saturday when we weren't getting any oil pressure once on plain. It ran fine at idle but dropped a lot once you strated cruising. cry We might have to buy a new 502 now. smile_sp
When we left on Sunday my mirrow read 124, I am not sure if it is right but it was pretty f-ing hot. It felt hot all weekend, but I just thought it was all the booze in my system.
Great weekend all in all, but then again how can it not be....IT'S THE RIVER wink
DMB

izquik72
08-11-2003, 12:32 PM
I saw a few of the boats that I recognized there pics but didn't geta chance to meet any of you on the Sandbar on Sat. it appeared pretty packed to me for an off weekend. Then we headed up past Topac We were sitting at the beach watching everybody haul A$$ by it was pretty cool. We had the Marine Corps flag flying. So hopefully next time I will be able to meet some off you guys. :cool:

Mandelon
08-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Don't be shy. I have had some funny looks when I ask folks.. "are you on the boards?"... uh nevermind, dude.
Dimarcobros = (CD kidnappers) wink

hot_diggity_dog
08-11-2003, 01:52 PM
Don't be shy. I have had some funny looks when I ask folks.. "are you on the boards?"... uh nevermind, dude.
You think that's funny Mandelon, I'm out there yelling hey Pop's to some dude in a Cheetah, and my wife say's, That's not 24Rod's boat. eek! And that's after I seen him and Mrs. 24Rod three times that day. I only had a few beers, right!! wink
I only do that about 5-6 times going through the channel. :D :D
Or you say hey are you on the Hot Boat online boards, and they look at you and say what boards. :rolleyes:

izquik72
08-11-2003, 01:59 PM
I saw you HDD in the channel on sat morning then right past the brige at topac you were with another deck boat. I was the kid in the checkmate (white w/ green strips.) That was waving and you gave me the who in the world was that look to your wife. :)
I was trying to find you at the sandbar as I have heard many things about those fish tacos
[ August 11, 2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: izquik72 ]

hot_diggity_dog
08-11-2003, 02:30 PM
I saw you HDD in the channel on sat morning then right past the brige at topac you were with another deck boat. I was the kid in the checkmate (white w/ green strips.) That was waving and you gave me the who in the world was that look to your wife.
Actually I was saying who is that guy waving, your boyfriend eek! J/K
That will happen quite a bit, as it is hard to recognize members without seeing their boats first.
wink :D
Well if you see me out there pull the rig over and drink a cold one, or if I'm parked and you smell the BBQ going come over for some Taco's wink :D

dimarcobros
08-11-2003, 02:48 PM
I stole that cd fair and square. :D :p :D
DMB

Mandelon
08-11-2003, 03:27 PM
Yeah, you earned it. For a Pasadena based homie it is all good! :D

al cole'holic
08-11-2003, 03:32 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
HDD :cool: ...does anyone else read this post with the voice of Sgt. Joe Friday in their head?? Just wondering...

dimarcobros
08-11-2003, 03:48 PM
Thanks we endedup listen to that cd the rest of the weekend. It was a huge hit with everyone. I buy you a tecate next time I see you......better make it a couple.
wink
DMB

24ROD
08-11-2003, 06:34 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
Pops,
Good to see you and the Mrs.'s out there. )
Well have to stop and chat sometime, I think we passed each other 3-4 times but we were always going different directions, next time! wink
Remember mama's right wink you need to step up to the Magic deck now. :D :D
HDD :cool: [/QB]HDD nice to see you too. Like you said we were going in opposite directions all day. Definatly next time we'll hookup. wink The full 24ROD Crew will be at the lake over Labor Day Thurs thru Mon. :cool: Then Pops and Grandma Mon thru Sat. Hope to see you then.

TCHB
08-11-2003, 06:42 PM
It was a nice weekend unitl I fried my water pump impeller. On the way home the car temperature gage read 117 all the way across rice road.

Charley
08-11-2003, 08:43 PM
Damn it was hot ass hellski....I saw that little Race HDD ... I was sitting on Skiers Beach when they went by and it looked like the Spectre had the edge.... after they flew by I went to go hop in my boat and chase em but I realized I had my little props and the bimini up wink ....by the way hot diggity I saw you chasin em.... looked like you were runnin pretty good 2! :D

XTRM22
08-12-2003, 06:53 AM
No More boating with ametuers! :p A bunch of my wifes friends from work decided to come to Havasu for their yearly group lake trip (they usually go to Elephant Butt). I ended tour guiding people around all day Sat. (the water was to rough for the groups 17' Searay, and 16' Bass Boat). Sunday I get up, gas up the boat and wait, by 10:30 the members of the group that stayed at our house are still groggy and slow. We end up leaving the boat in the garage jawdrop and drive to the beach a Crazy Horse for a few hours where the rest of the group was staying. We cruised through SteamBoat Sat. afternnon, saw the RRX raft up, saw the HavasuCigs in the channel on our way to the trailer Sat. evening, and I saw H-D-D cruise outa the channel Sun morning while I sat on the beach at Crazy Horse. ANy trip to Havasu is a good trip, but damn will I be glad to be out there in two weeks with out all 1 trp per year crew!
Chuck wink

ROZ
08-13-2003, 01:27 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
I saw you HDD in the channel on sat morning then right past the brige at topac you were with another deck boat. I was the kid in the checkmate (white w/ green strips.) That was waving and you gave me the who in the world was that look to your wife.
That will happen quite a bit, as it is hard to recognize members without seeing their boats first.
wink :D Not to mention trying to remember the real names :rolleyes:
What was yer name again :confused: :D