PDA

View Full Version : Normal? WTF?

FMluvswater
07-17-2003, 11:31 AM
Is there really such a thing? Is there a University course offered? It's a joke right? Right?! eek!
detector

Boozer
07-17-2003, 11:32 AM
Normal is as normal does. At least that's what Forest would say.

Tom Brown
07-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Normal is me. I am normal.
Normalcy should be gauged by using me as the benchmark.
-- Tom :)

Essex502
07-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Normal is relative to the surroundings at any one time or place. Since time flows, normalcy flows as well. What was considered normal is now abnormal. What was abnormal is now normal.
The moral...just wait a while and the pendulum will swing back...

FMluvswater
07-17-2003, 12:05 PM
This should clear things right up ...
nor·mal ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nôrml)
adj.
1.Conforming with, adhering to, or constituting a norm, standard, pattern, level, or type; typical: normal room temperature; one's normal weight; normal diplomatic relations.
2.Biology. Functioning or occurring in a natural way; lacking observable abnormalities or deficiencies.
3.Abbr. n or N Chemistry.
a.Designating a solution having one gram equivalent weight of solute per liter of solution.
b.Designating an aliphatic hydrocarbon having a straight and unbranched chain of carbon atoms.
4.Mathematics.
a.Being at right angles; perpendicular.
b.Perpendicular to the direction of a tangent line to a curve or a tangent plane to a surface.
a.Relating to or characterized by average intelligence or development.
b.Free from mental illness; sane.
n.
1.Something normal; the standard: scored close to the normal.
2.The usual or expected state, form, amount, or degree.
a. Correspondence to a norm.
b.An average.
4. Mathematics. A perpendicular, especially a perpendicular to a line tangent to a plane curve or to a plane tangent to a space curve.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English, from Late Latin normlis, from Latin, made according to the square, from norma, carpenter's square. See gn- in Indo-European Roots.]Ohhhh! Okay then! Yeah. Hmmm. Anyone else still have no clue? :o
Maybe we should just go with Tom's idea? :confused:
spacer

FMluvswater
07-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Essex502:
Normal is relative to the surroundings at any one time or place. Since time flows, normalcy flows as well. What was considered normal is now abnormal. What was abnormal is now normal.
The moral...just wait a while and the pendulum will swing back... Okay now you're messing with my fragile grasp of what's what. :confused:
senders

Tom Brown
07-17-2003, 12:13 PM
FMluvswaterbabe:
...you're messing with my fragile grasp of what's what. :confused: If you have a fragile grasp of what's what, you are a true guru. Please steer us from the inevitable destruction we face.

FMluvswater
07-17-2003, 12:21 PM
Tom Brown:
FMluvswaterbabe:
...you're messing with my fragile grasp of what's what. :confused: If you have a fragile grasp of what's what, you are a true guru. Please steer us from the inevitable destruction we face. Oh. Hmmm. I see now how that may have been misconstrued. I never knew what was going on but thought I knew some things ... uhh :o ... oh hell ... please refer to the Who knew? thread cuz that about sums it all up. Uncle. smile_sp boxed
drive tip

Tom Brown
07-17-2003, 12:29 PM
FMluvswaterbabe:
drive tip This is a boating term in a sense but really it's anatomical.
drive tip = glans

FMluvswater
07-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Tom Brown:
FMluvswaterbabe:
drive tip This is a boating term in a sense but really it's anatomical.
drive tip = glans Oh. :o
mounts

MagicMtnDan
07-17-2003, 01:44 PM
All I know is Marty Feldman stole "Abby Normal's brain" in the movie Young Frankenstein. Oh wait, that was Abnormal, yeah, that's it.

Moneypitt
07-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Normal is a relative term, If your relatives aren't normal, chances are you won't be either!!!

Sangster
07-17-2003, 04:17 PM
http://www.norml.org/header/norml_top.gif