PDA

View Full Version : Cup Holders

Boozer
07-29-2003, 09:33 AM
Okay so this weekend on top of busting the prop which fortunately I have already ordered I also lost a cup holder. Bayliner used some crap that looks like hot glue gun glue to secure the cup holders. It doesn't work well and as a result a cup holder went flying out of the boat when I jumped a wake. Several other cup holder are now coming loose and I am sure will be doing the same.
The cup holders are ugly and cheap so I am not going to go with what they would give me as a warranty replacement. Where can I find nice looking quality cup holders and what should I use to make sure they will remain secured in the boat and not go flying out?
[ July 29, 2003, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Boozer ]

HalletDave
07-29-2003, 09:37 AM
Boozer,
No advice on cup holders.
Please tell me this isn't going to turn into another "GAY" thread. :D :D :D
Hallet Dave

Ducatista
07-29-2003, 09:44 AM
Eddie Marine has a nice on-line store with a good selection....maybe some silicone underneath the top lip of the holder might work.

Jungle Boy
07-29-2003, 09:47 AM
Cup holders are gay eek! . Use your hands. :D

mickeyfinn
07-29-2003, 09:48 AM
Jungle Boy:
Cup holders are gay eek! . Use your hands. :D They may be gay but they are required equipment in a GAYliner.

Doug H.
07-29-2003, 10:56 AM
Oh boy i wonder were this is heading :D

Ziggy
07-29-2003, 11:04 AM
Step one: Get a quality boat that won't loose them.
Step two: enjoy the new ride without worring about empty cupholders flying out.

Boozer
07-29-2003, 11:06 AM
Ziggy:
Step two: enjoy the new ride without worring about empty cupholders flying out. This coming from of all people a commander owner. Go Figure.

Ziggy
07-29-2003, 11:14 AM
Boozer:
Ziggy:
Step two: enjoy the new ride without worring about empty cupholders flying out. This coming from of all people a commander owner. Go Figure. Damn F*cking right!!!! My 10 yr old Commander hasn't lost a thing, been perfect in every way and I've proudly ordered my new '04 Commander. Old "Grape Escape" probably shines better than your new bayliner(notice I left it as bayliner since I'm rather respectful) :D

mickeyfinn
07-29-2003, 11:15 AM
What's wrong with a commander?....Look like great boats. Maybe not the most expensive on the market but good looking ride anyway.

Chase
07-29-2003, 12:14 PM
OK back to the topic at hand here...IF you are referring to the plasic cup holders that slide in and out of holes in the boat (not intentionally), a quick fix to that which seems to work good is to take these cup holders out of the holes, clean out all of the shit glue that the factory uses and then apply a ring of clear RTV silicone to the outside of the cup holder, just below the rim. Then slide the cup holder back in and any silicone that is squeezed out, just take a rag and wipe it off. I USED TO own a Gayliner and had the same problem. This fix worked well for me and still allowed these holders to come out (with a little effort) without wrecking anything, if it was a possible access opening to something in behind..
[ July 30, 2003, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Chase ]

Boozer
07-29-2003, 12:23 PM
Chase:
OK back to the topic at hand here...IF you are referring to the plasic cup holders that slide in and out of holes in the boat (not intentionally), a quick fix to that which seems to work good is to take these cup holders out of the holes, clean out all of the shit glue that the factory uses and then apply a ring of clear RTV silicone to the outside of the cup holder, just below the rim. Then slide the cup holder back in and any silicone that is squeezed out, just take a rag and wipe it off. I USED TO own a Gayliner and had the same problem. This fix worked well for me and still allowed these holders to come out (with a little effort) with wrecking anything, if it was a possible access opening to something in behind.. Thanks for the info chase it is greatly appreciated.

Mandelon
07-29-2003, 07:23 PM
Go to Rexmarine rexmarine (http://www.rexmar.com) and buy some of these....
http://www.rexmar.com/images/page23.jpg
Glue them in with Clear Adhesive 100% Silicone caulking. They will dress up your Bayliner.
[ July 29, 2003, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Mandelon ]

ratso
07-29-2003, 07:29 PM
I'm going to drill some holes in my boat just so I can have some of them!!!

Mandelon
07-30-2003, 04:56 AM
I bought a holesaw that worked perfect. Lemme know if you want to borrow it.

Jungle Boy
07-30-2003, 05:09 AM
As far as cup holder go, those Rex ones are very cool. One would look good in my race boat, I'm thinking. For the water bottle of course. wink

Boozer
07-30-2003, 07:30 AM
Mandelon:
Go to Rexmarine rexmarine (http://www.rexmar.com) and buy some of these....
http://www.rexmar.com/images/page23.jpg
Glue them in with Clear Adhesive 100% Silicone caulking. They will dress up your Bayliner. How much do these run? Hopefully one of the 2 sizes will fit into my boat without cutting. I will have to check the size tonight.