PDA

View Full Version : When is the next Jet Boat get together??

Scoobinator
03-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Hey everyone, This will be my first time hanging out in Southern California/ San Diego area this summer with my 85 Eliminator Sprint. Im from the Seattle area in Washington and work for the Navy. Im looking to find were everybody runs there Jet Boats at and to see if there are any get togethers or is there any plans for a big Jet Boat Outing. Please leave as much info as possable Im looking foward to a new boating year.

Cas
03-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Scoob,
Check out the FC5.....May 6 thread here in Just Jets

moneysucker
03-15-2006, 10:09 PM
Just keep an eye on the Petrofied, Moneysucker, quack attack thread that is here on Just jets. We will probably be out again next sunday at El Capitan Resivoir. We are usually out every other Sunday or so around 11:00, usually off weekends from the river. You also have the colorado river by Yuma and since you are in the navy you can utilize the army base to stay at there. Welcome to san Diego.
Cy

Wicked Performance Boats
03-16-2006, 05:09 AM
What you got tired of the Tacoma aroma? j/k Welcome to jetboat land. Budlight

GunninGopher
03-16-2006, 05:57 AM
I think military has a nice campground at the N side of Martinez lake for $5 a night, $7 with hookups. I also heard they rent out cabins, but I'm not sure.
Here is a LINK (http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/1510/arizona.html#AZ5M)
You can stay at the proving grounds, too.
That, in my opinion, is the best part of the river, especially for jets. You can do a peaceful family trip or a heavy party weekend. Just choose where you decide to sand bar it.

moneysucker
03-16-2006, 07:38 AM
I used to have a place at YPG, it was nice. They do rent cabins as well. I never satyed at the place by martinez though.

GunninGopher
03-16-2006, 10:05 AM
If you aren't in the Navy and can't stay at one of the places mentioned, you can stay at quite a few places along that stretch. Some people even stay in Yuma, but I'd rather hang around the river and relax instead of drive 30 minutes.
Martinez and Fisher's landing is pretty tough to get a site if you want to weekend camp with electricity, but there is a ton of desert there to dry camp in and that place is great if you don't mind or want to participate in a party scene.
If you like quiet and have a motorhome, I'd recommend Hidden Shores for hookups and Squaw Lake for none. They keep a tight clamp on things at Hidden shores and have a pool, new clubhouse, playground for the kids. They also have a beach and beachfront sites.
If you don't have a motorhome you can rent bungalos, trailers and houses at Martinez lake. The bar there gets pretty lively. If stood on a table there more than once. It is my first choice for a weekend when we don't have kids in tow.
Here is a google earth .kmz file with the places I've stayed at and some comments. You will need to have google earth installed to use it. It is a pretty cool utility and it if free.
Click here for the .kmz file (http://www.theolanders.net/files/River%20Campgrounds%20Gunnin%20Gopher%20has%20been %20to%20as%20of%203-06.kmz)
I've had a motorhome for a while, so my comments are mostly related to that. I used to stay at friends places out there a bunch, but since I been married for 9 years and have 2 kids, I don't get invited very often anymore.

Scoobinator
03-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Just keep an eye on the Petrofied, Moneysucker, quack attack thread that is here on Just jets. We will probably be out again next sunday at El Capitan Resivoir. We are usually out every other Sunday or so around 11:00, usually off weekends from the river. You also have the colorado river by Yuma and since you are in the navy you can utilize the army base to stay at there. Welcome to san Diego.
Cy
Are these rivers/resivoir big the smallest lake I ran on is 5 miles long and wide in washington. How many of you usually go out?

Scoobinator
03-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Does anybody go up north around LA area??

moneysucker
03-16-2006, 06:52 PM
We don't much and stay in SD mostly, the lake is maybe 4-5 miles long MAYBE but fun. The river is long but only about 400 feet wide.

Scoobinator
03-16-2006, 08:57 PM
sounds fun I will have to try and make it out there in a couple of weeks keep in touch