PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Trailers

Sandbar Junkies
04-10-2003, 02:09 PM
I was on my way to Havasu 2weeks ago and blew the rear tire on my brand new traier and of course it had to screw up the fender,take out the back light and step. When I got home I called Extreme and talked to Tony in service and told him what happend. He said bring in the tire and they would inspect it and as long as it was a blow out they would warranty everything. He also ordered me a new tire and said come get it anytime. I'ts good to see they stand behind there product.
[ April 10, 2003, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Sandbar Junkies ]

rivernutts
04-10-2003, 02:15 PM
Gotta love the power of the boards!!

Robbie Racer
04-10-2003, 05:25 PM
Same thing happened (5 times) last summer on my 1 year old Extreme trailer in all 4 locations. It had 14" C load rated Carlisle tires. I didn't think to call Extreme though. The tires that came on it are rated at 1760 lbs. per tire and that is just to darn close to the wight of my boat. I finally switched over to a Goodyear Marathons recently with a little higher load rating. I'm hoping that cures the blow out problem. DMV is going to start getting suspious of me buying my 3rd license plate for the same trailer. burningm

Ziggy
04-10-2003, 05:33 PM
My squeaky Hensley hasn't blown a tire in 9 years but it has worn them rather quickly. Glad Extreme stood behind it ya for ...thats pretty classy.

Kurtis500
04-10-2003, 06:00 PM
Yes, they did very well with me!

CJ
04-11-2003, 12:06 AM
I understand that Extreme knows of the Carlisle problem and have, at least for one or two I know, replace all the tires.
I have an Extreme, I believe on Carlisles. No problem yet (2+ years) but mostly stored in Havasu.

Essex502
04-11-2003, 06:57 AM
Extreme is the best in my opinion. Over a year after I purchase our boat (and Extreme trailer) I had some leakage of one of the Buddy Bearings. I called Extreme to order (and pay for) a replacement bearing and was told that it would be no problem - they would send me FOUR replacements at no charge. Arrive FED EX in two days. Great service. Well worth any additional cost over another brand.

XTRM22
04-11-2003, 09:44 AM
I'm really glad to hear that Extreme took such good care of you. I've always been pleased with mine, and I think by last calculation my 6 year old trailer has like 40-50,000 miles on it. I had to step up to a heavier trailer tire after wearing out two sets of the lighter ones. Extreme has been great about answering my questions and even sent me a couple new keys to lockout the brakes for backing up hill.
Chuck