PDA

View Full Version : Get Rid Of Telemarketing Calls for GOOD!

MJ19
04-13-2003, 11:25 AM
Pre-register for the national Do Not Call Program
Californians can now pre-register here for the nationwide Do Not Call list that the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is expected to launch this summer. California is joining in the national Do Not Call registry which is FREE to consumers.
If you sign up today, you can stop unwanted telemarketing calls beginning in October under the nationwide program.
We will deliver the pre-registered California telephone numbers to the FTC as soon as the federal agency is ready to receive them – most likely in July 2003.
Only California residential and mobile telephone numbers are eligible for this program. Business telephone numbers are excluded.
Beginning October 2003, telemarketers must stop calling consumers whose telephone number is on the national Do Not Call list.
While most telemarketer calls will be prohibited, there are certain exceptions. For example, charities, and companies that have an established relationship with a consumer will still be allowed to make calls.
Click on This Link for More Info and to Register: http://nocall.doj.state.ca.us/
I hate getting those phone calls...I'm all for this program :D

Wet Dream
04-13-2003, 11:41 AM
MJ19:
[QUOTE]
Only California residential and mobile telephone numbers are eligible They call your cell phones??? I'd go ballistic if someone telemarketed my cell.
We have had the DNC list here in PA for about a year now...WORKS GREAT!!!

Tom Brown
04-13-2003, 12:01 PM
When I get an unwanted solicitation I just say, "Have you seen my mommy?" and hang up.

Jungle Boy
04-13-2003, 12:35 PM
How do you do it with spam shit on the internet?? That pisses me off more. When the phone ones call I always tell them that I'm busy and if they would be kind enough to leave me their home number I'll call them back later that night. That makes them pause for a bit. :cool:

MJ19
04-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Jungle Boy:
How do you do it with spam shit on the internet?? Wouldn't it be nice if there were a federal program to stop spam!
Well I'm glad this program is out there for Telemarketing...Anyone from California...sign up! :)

JetBoatRich
04-13-2003, 06:18 PM
I always mess with them, caller ID you know they are on the other line. Answer the phone with a wierd voice. Tell them to hold on and put the phone down, etc.... wink

Backtanner
04-14-2003, 05:17 AM
Then who would I have free phone sex with? frown

Jungle Boy
04-14-2003, 06:38 AM
I believe that I'd get rather nasty :mad: if they started calling cell phone where I live. They may start though, cause I heard that cell hpone numbers will soon be in the phone book. How shitty is that.

MJ19
04-14-2003, 07:05 AM
With all the free minutes and nation wide service, many people use cell phones as their "main" phone...word on the street is one day the "house" phone will be no longer.
Therefore, if people are using their cell phones more often, then a telephone book with those numbers is inevitable. You can always have an "unlisted" number...it's up to you. :)