PDA

View Full Version : Who was at Glenn Helen in 82?

fat rat
01-24-2003, 06:35 PM
Who was at the "US FEST" Aug. 1982.....I was there and it was an awsome weekend...from what I remember. I recall it being hot, good thig for open shower's and water cannons. I still have the t-shirt to remind me of the weekend. :D

JetBoatRich
01-24-2003, 06:47 PM
I missed the Rock weekend, ended up at the country the following weekend :D

Mandelon
01-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Van Halen!

sandblasted
01-24-2003, 06:58 PM
I missed out on UsFest...Went to CalJam 2 at Ontario Motor speedway, I think in 1978 or so......Ted Nugent and Aerosmith were the main artists...spent 2 days smoking pot and looking at topless chicks...Pure heaven for a teenager!!

JetBoatRich
01-24-2003, 06:58 PM
sandblasted:
I missed out on UsFest...Went to CalJam 2 at Ontario Motor speedway, I think in 1978 or so......Ted Nugent and Aerosmith were the main artists...spent 2 days smoking pot and looking at topless chicks...Pure heaven for a teenager!! PotHead :cool:

jet4fun
01-24-2003, 07:01 PM
hmmmm, i was 2 years old. maybe i went, maybe i didnt. i cant remember

fat rat
01-24-2003, 07:01 PM
I've also done, Day on the Green, Oakland and Mountain Air, Sierra Nevadas.......those were the days. :confused:

CA Stu
01-24-2003, 07:08 PM
fat rat:
Who was at the "US FEST" Aug. 1982.....I was there and it was an awsome weekend...from what I remember. I recall it being hot, good thig for open shower's and water cannons. I still have the t-shirt to remind me of the weekend. :D I was. Camped out all 3 days. 15 at the time, me and a few friends. My Mom was cool. Huh huh.
Short story; Tough guy drunk marine walks into our camp and yells "Any of you boys man enough to drink this with me?" waving around a bottle of Jack Daniels. We all say "Nah, it's cool, thanks". Except Pete. Pete is 6 ft 2 and 125 pounds (about). He puffs himself up to full size, walks over to the marine and snatches the bottle out of his hand like he's John F*cking Wayne. The jarhead is dumbfounded, as Pete takes 3 great big slugs out of the bottle and hands it back to him. Pete says something tough sounding like "Thanks brotherrrr!". No sooner has he put the bottle back in the guys hand than Pete spins around and pukes everywhere. From that moment on, he was forever known as "Pete, The Whiskey Rock and Roller".
CA Stu :)

CA Stu
01-24-2003, 07:08 PM
Not to be a nitpicker, but it was called Devore back then....

sandblasted
01-24-2003, 07:19 PM
fat rat:
I've also done, Day on the Green, Oakland and Mountain Air, Sierra Nevadas.......those were the days. :confused: You know what this means? We must be old!!

sandblasted
01-24-2003, 07:23 PM
JetBoatRich:
sandblasted:
I missed out on UsFest...Went to CalJam 2 at Ontario Motor speedway, I think in 1978 or so......Ted Nugent and Aerosmith were the main artists...spent 2 days smoking pot and looking at topless chicks...Pure heaven for a teenager!! PotHead :cool: reformed Pothead!!...Stopped that shit when I was 19....now I just drink.. :D :D

C-2
01-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Hey, I was there too!
A couple of the guys I went with scoped out an off-road route into the place the weekend before the concert. We took a 4X4, entering someplace by Lytle Creek, and went over the hill, it took us a whopping 15 minutes to get into the place!
Things got better though...I almost passed out from heat exhaustion during Motley Crue, and while escaping the stage area, some chick slapped me cuz she thought I was grabbing her ass...I was then lost from my group...I only wore shorts (burrr at night) and I spent the last of my money on a corndog...only to see it fall into the dirt after some knucklhead bumped me.
Only saw one pair of titties, actually they were more like 1/2 a pair!
I was only about 16. That was cool :D :D :D
C2

JustMVG
01-25-2003, 12:10 AM
I remember Van Halen just ripping up the place, and Santana was awesome too, Now did anyone go to CAL JAM 1 and 2, Sabbath, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Santana, i remember the Keith Emerson sitting and playing the piano and i rose up and started to spin , friggin awesome stuff, hey i was just a kid but i'll never forget how cool it was.
Mike VG

fat rat
01-25-2003, 04:49 AM
CA Stu:
Not to be a nitpicker, but it was called Devore back then.... What was called Devore? :confused:

fat rat
01-25-2003, 04:52 AM
CA Stu:
Not to be a nitpicker, but it was called Devore back then.... What was called Devore? :confused:

Wet Dream
01-25-2003, 07:11 AM
When I moved from California, Day on the Green was still an annual event.

Wet Dream
01-25-2003, 07:11 AM
Damn double post.
[ January 25, 2003, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Wet Dream ]

beached 1
01-25-2003, 07:53 AM
Went to it in 82 and 83. I was only 13 but grew up alot on those weekends.

CA Stu
01-26-2003, 12:22 AM
fat rat:
CA Stu:
Not to be a nitpicker, but it was called Devore back then.... What was called Devore? :confused: Glen Helen

Kilrtoy
01-26-2003, 12:26 AM
Ok who was drinking and smoking weed?
Remembering when they were cool and pulled the US festival out of their ass.
Shit I do that too, put I keep it to the 90's when I was at least in my mid twenties and still single!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beached 1
01-26-2003, 07:03 AM
Kilrtoy:
I remember seeing some people with a big cardboard sign that read, "Acid $2 a hit".
Funny, I was 13 and couldn't get a beer to save my life, but I could get a hit of Acid no sweat.
Hey, this reminds me of something my parents used to say. "That sh*t will stunt your growth". eek!
It worked. :D I was scared to death of drugs.

fat rat
01-26-2003, 07:34 AM
We were selling Coors and ham sandwiches for a buck each.....we had 30 cases and 10# of ham, it was all gone Friday night.....except for are personal stash. wink

CA Stu
01-26-2003, 08:29 PM
beached 1:
Kilrtoy:
I remember seeing some people with a big cardboard sign that read, "Acid $2 a hit".
I saw that guy too, and got a hold of him. To make a long story short, I thought $2 a hit Orange Sunshine would be bunk. It wasn't.
And Fleetwod Mac and lasers = pretty cool after a couple hits of L. smile_sp
Also, if you lose your ride home in a crowd of 200,000 people, DO NOT PANIC! smile_sp
Check the "Chipwich" wagon on the way out .... smile_sp
Cheers
CA Stu