PDA

View Full Version : Heatwave - who was fastest ?

carbonmarine
10-05-2003, 07:37 PM
So: whos the king of havasu this trip ?
... I was down by steam boat and watched these guy come a haul'in by... Seemed like there was about three boats... I know that they werent pushing it too hard.... I saw the Preditor never made it that morning , Saw him on the beach at Nautical ..
Maybe it was me, but I really thought that
there was to be more boats than I saw....
I was a little dissapointed. I think that it could be beacuse its the end of the season....
One thing that did pop out at tme , theer was no boat smaller than 30 ft parked at the nautical in the bay and no boat under $120K..... lotsa dough out there this weekend......
Rick32

hot_diggity_dog
10-05-2003, 07:42 PM
Rick,
Did you see us, wink (XRated) right in front of the Naked Turtle? :confused: :D
I will do an update with photo's on the event :) .ASAP!
HDD :cool:

jdnichols
10-05-2003, 11:16 PM
We ended up with 136 boats, and the biggest overall size fleet ever. As all these big hitters came out loaded for bear, Murphy's Law bit big time! Engine Carnige every where. Gary (skater40) thru a rod on Friday with C2 and Mike C on board, lots of boats had simular fun.
We had a overall safe and great run, the number of spectators was very large and made our patrol boats work overtime. I do thank everyone who helped keep the route clear.
We thank everyone who came and made such a super event. The sponsors really came out for this one! Will post more later, I'm wiped out!

Craig
10-06-2003, 06:14 AM
136 boats :confused: Jim, I thought you've had more than that before on the fall run?
[ October 06, 2003, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: Craig ]

Havasu Cig
10-06-2003, 07:44 AM
There were at least 3 Skaters leading the pack when they went by us about halfway to the first stop.

LakeRacer
10-06-2003, 08:47 AM
Craig:
136 boats :confused: Jim, I thought you've had more than that before on the fall run? We've had more on the fall run before. What Jim meant was that our overall boat size was more than 30ft in length. :)

hot_diggity_dog
10-06-2003, 09:21 AM
From the drivers I talked to, they said that Byond was the 1st to stop #1.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/511/55Mvc-097s-med.jpg
Not all of the drivers went all out to the 2nd stop.
The water was pretty rough, and was a lot rougher than it looked.
The Skater's, Wildcat and Out of control were right there in the top three. I heard Byond left early? :confused: eek!
Byond has a top speed of 162 MPH, Gibson in his 39 MTI said he was cruising around 130MPH when he got passed.
[ October 06, 2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: hot_diggity_dog ]

skater 32
10-06-2003, 02:11 PM
B'yond Reason did not run in the morning. They had electrical problems. Wildcat broke in the morning run. They did not run in the afternoon. B,yond Reason was the first to the first card stop in the afternoon.

Ziggy
10-06-2003, 02:16 PM
Here's the only one I got on film..never seemed to be in the right spot--I was just pulling into Sandpoint for late lunch so I wasn't as close as I wanted.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/343PokerRun-med.jpg
Chopper was fun to watch too, made some cool manuevers to switch filming boats

hot_diggity_dog
10-06-2003, 02:18 PM
B'yond Reason did not run in the morning. They had electrical problems. Wildcat broke in the morning run. They did not run in the afternoon. B,yond Reason was the first to the first card stop in the afternoon.
Maybe someone can put up a list of the top five in the morning to stop #1 and the top five to spot #2. :D
It seemed like whomever you talked to had a different story on who was the fastest. eek!
Then you have the, who was the fastest without leaving early :mad: , and followed the rules. wink
I hope the guy's who left the start to soon didn't ruin it for next year. :rolleyes:
FYI they didn't receive their permits for the event until a few day's before the event and had to make some concessions. argue
LET'S GET THE REAL FACTS, ANYONE!!!
Hot (Just want to get the story straight :rolleyes: ) Diggity Dog :cool:

OGShocker
10-06-2003, 02:21 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
HDD :cool: Don't mess with Texas.!. :D
But, you can throw your beer cans on the "Sandbar" any time you like!!! :mad:
wink

hot_diggity_dog
10-06-2003, 02:24 PM
But, you can throw your beer cans on the "Sandbar" any time you like!!!
OG Who was doing that shit?
:confused: :mad:

Ziggy
10-06-2003, 02:26 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
But, you can throw your beer cans on the "Sandbar" any time you like!!!
OG Who was doing that shit?
:confused: :mad:
HDD :cool: Look at your picture just below the right sponson wink

ACCEPTENCE
10-06-2003, 02:33 PM
While I can't say who was the fastest or who was first I can say there was some pretty heavy equipment out there puttin on an impressive show!!!
They were flyin when they blew by us wink

LakeRacer
10-06-2003, 02:57 PM
OGShocker:
hot_diggity_dog:
HDD :cool: Don't mess with Texas.!. :D
But, you can throw your beer cans on the "Sandbar" any time you like!!! :mad:
wink That's Derebery's boat and I know him well enough to say that he wouldn't just leave a beer can laying around. And we all know that on the beach everyone is drinking beer so anyone could have left that there. In fact, Friday night during registration I can't count how many beer cans, cups etc. were laying around and I picked up that people couldn't leave in all the trash cans that were around. Don't blame the Texans unless you're sure of it.

hot_diggity_dog
10-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Look at your picture just below the right sponson
We are not at the sandbar!! It's the Nautical.
That's Derebery's boat and I know him well enough to say that he wouldn't just leave a beer can laying around. And we all know that on the beach everyone is drinking beer so anyone could have left that there. In fact, Friday night during registration I can't count how many beer cans, cups etc. were laying around and I picked up that people couldn't leave in all the trash cans that were around. Don't blame the Texans unless you're sure of it.
Don't mess with Texas.!. But, you can throw your beer cans on the "Sandbar" any time you like!!!
I was hanging with these guy's with all of the boats all day long. The debri and cans where like flies, everywhere, and not from the Byond Reason's crew. :mad:
We were parked just to the left of them, and noticed the trash all over the place, they were the guy's picking up the cans and trash along with us. :rolleyes:
It was a big event and there were a lot of peeps, and the event was run smoothly and on time. :D
If you want to learn about boats, just go down and talk to these guy's, they have some much info. wink
But OG, to accuse them of throwing beer cans down next to their 162MPH ride :rolleyes: Come on!!!! be real
[ October 07, 2003, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: hot_diggity_dog ]

skater 32
10-06-2003, 05:13 PM
I would like to respond on behalf of Byond Reason to the allegations of throwing beer cans on the beach. First, we did not park in that spot of the beach of the Nautical Inn until after the afternoon run. Second, we were there for less than an hour to prepare for a photo shoot. Following the photo shoot, the boat was put on the trailer. Third, If you look closely in front of the beer cans, you will see a green boat registration band from the Nautical Inn that someone discarded before we arrived (Byond Reason is still wearing her band on the left front cleat as evidenced by the photo). Fourth, we waited for a Formula to pull out from that spot before we pulled in. Fifth, before that Formula was there, there were other boats parked in that location as witnessed by other people in the Byond Reason group. Sixth, I can assure you that the beer can debris was not left by anyone in the Byond Reason crew.
In another vein, this was our first time at the Lake Havasu poker run. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and want to thank all the other boaters and spectators who made us welcome and a part of the Havasu scene. We would also like to thank the people at the Nautical Inn and especially the guys and gals at Extreme Boats America for being so gracious to our group. We look forward to seeing you next Spring. We will make sure that Byond Reason will run the full event at that time. Looking forward to running with Predator next year as well as Out of Control and Wildcat.

Lakeshow
10-06-2003, 05:16 PM
Skater 32 - Did you have breakfast at the Nautical Inn (7:30ish) on Friday AM?

Ziggy
10-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Quite obvious that trash was from someone who didn't care(like the punks who stole Carbons cooler a few weeks back)...not the Byond crew. Think someone was trying to make a joke about it.
HDD,
How was the day? Get any rides? I barely saw PartyCat at the ramp and we just said a few words but we drifted apart and just waved then. I was mainly trying to put a few hours on my new ride so I went south and then up to Sandbar late in the afternoon. How perfect was the weather, AWESOME!!!

Mr.Havasu
10-06-2003, 06:54 PM
we were up by cat tail (just north of there) where this one broke down
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/418heatwave-med.JPG
Does any know who had the AO that was running in about fourth chasing down thoes skaters? He was hauling!
Oh, for all of you complaining about how rough the water was I thought I would show you a picture from about 4:00 on Sunday :p
We were crusing around 70 mph when these were snapped!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/418Sunday2-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/418Sunday-med.JPG
And the Big basin looked like this at sunset
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/418basin-med.JPG
What a great weekend.

hot_diggity_dog
10-06-2003, 08:12 PM
I would like to respond on behalf of Byond Reason to the allegations of throwing beer cans on the beach. First, we did not park in that spot of the beach of the Nautical Inn until after the afternoon run. Second, we were there for less than an hour to prepare for a photo shoot. Following the photo shoot, the boat was put on the trailer. Third, If you look closely in front of the beer cans, you will see a green boat registration band from the Nautical Inn that someone discarded before we arrived (Byond Reason is still wearing her band on the left front cleat as evidenced by the photo). Fourth, we waited for a Formula to pull out from that spot before we pulled in. Fifth, before that Formula was there, there were other boats parked in that location as witnessed by other people in the Byond Reason group. Sixth, I can assure you that the beer can debris was not left by anyone in the Byond Reason crew.
Skater32
I should have been more clear, wink
NONE of the trash was left from these boats, it was all from spectators!!
Props to Byond Reason for speaking up!!! :D
It will be even better next year.

skater 32
10-07-2003, 04:13 AM
Lakeshow- That was our group at breakfast at the Nautical on Friday AM.

Lakeshow
10-07-2003, 04:19 AM
I thought so. I was next to you (the loner). I heard nice things about your boat all weekend and am glad to hear that you had a good experience with us in Havasu. Look forward to seeing you run out here again.

OLDRAT
10-07-2003, 04:54 AM
Leon,
Appears you had a good time there. Just wanted
to say thanks to you and the Beyond Reason crew
for a good show at Grand Lake earlier in the
year.

the jokers wild F2 80
10-07-2003, 12:48 PM
WARLOCK 25 DO YOU MEAN OUTBOARD! IF SO THAT WAS US IN THE 32 SKATER TRIPLE X WITH 3 280 MERCS WE WERE 9TH TO THE FRIST STOP BEHIND ALL THE HALF MILLION DOLLAR BIG BOYS WE RAN A 100 MPH AVERAGE SPEED AND THAT WAS EVEN IN THE ROUGH STUFF AND 6TH TO THE 1ST STOP 2ND WAVE WHO SAID OUTBOARD WERE FOR FISHING BOATS BRING IT ON!! WE FINISH ALWAYS IN THE TOP 10

hot_diggity_dog
10-07-2003, 01:02 PM
WARLOCK 25 DO YOU MEAN OUTBOARD! IF SO THAT WAS US IN THE 32 SKATER TRIPLE X WITH 3 280 MERCS WE WERE 9TH TO THE FRIST STOP BEHIND ALL THE HALF MILLION DOLLAR BIG BOYS WE RAN A 100 MPH AVERAGE SPEED AND THAT WAS EVEN IN THE ROUGH STUFF AND 6TH TO THE 1ST STOP 2ND WAVE WHO SAID OUTBOARD WERE FOR FISHING BOATS BRING IT ON!! WE FINISH ALWAYS IN THE TOP 10
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/511/55Mvc-090s-med.jpg
Anthony good to hang with you guy's again. You were leading a big pack of about ten boats leaving the 1st stop, it looked like you stole their beer or something and they were chassing you!! wink :D
So what was the deal with Ron's one motor? He had the hatch up on Sunday a few times? :confused:
The Skaters dominated! :D :D
Glenn

the jokers wild F2 80
10-07-2003, 01:24 PM
IM NOT SURE , YOU KNOW ..BIG BOAT BIG PROBLEMS

jackpunx
10-07-2003, 01:28 PM
We were first in the slow pack.. After we got our first card and Heli pics.. we headed south for the second card.. When I came around the corner towards the 5mph sections before we turned south.. There was about 4 boats coming right at us.. They were tinkering from side to side as we could see all the way under the boat.. They got close really fast.. It was amazing to see them fly by so close.. As we got further, it got rougher.. So I let up a little then pulled over and watched for a while. Not worth beating up my little boat.. It was fun participating in the event.. Next time I may just watch.. not sure.. Either way , we met some great people(got to meet a bunch of people from the boards) , got some great pictures, lots of free T shirts.. and saw some of the most amazing boats all in one place at the same time..

Screaming Pete
10-07-2003, 01:31 PM
carbonmarine:
So: whos the king of havasu this trip ?
... I was down by steam boat and watched these guy come a haul'in by... Seemed like there was about three boats... I know that they werent pushing it too hard.... I saw the Preditor never made it that morning , Saw him on the beach at Nautical ..
Maybe it was me, but I really thought that
there was to be more boats than I saw....
I was a little dissapointed. I think that it could be beacuse its the end of the season....
One thing that did pop out at tme , theer was no boat smaller than 30 ft parked at the nautical in the bay and no boat under $120K..... lotsa dough out there this weekend......
Rick32 I parked th mach 22 right by the mach 34 for about 10 min. I was a player ya baby!!

Mr.Havasu
10-07-2003, 01:36 PM
the jokers wild F2 80:
WARLOCK 25 DO YOU MEAN OUTBOARD! IF SO THAT WAS US IN THE 32 SKATER TRIPLE X WITH 3 280 MERCS WE WERE 9TH TO THE FRIST STOP BEHIND ALL THE HALF MILLION DOLLAR BIG BOYS WE RAN A 100 MPH AVERAGE SPEED AND THAT WAS EVEN IN THE ROUGH STUFF AND 6TH TO THE 1ST STOP 2ND WAVE WHO SAID OUTBOARD WERE FOR FISHING BOATS BRING IT ON!! WE FINISH ALWAYS IN THE TOP 10 That was probable you we saw. It was an all white boat so we thought it was an american offshore. we weren't as close as we would have liked to been.