PDA

View Full Version : New Hot Boat Magazine

Sea Esta
06-13-2003, 03:17 AM
Just got my new issue....Great piece on the Havasu Poker Run. Mentioned there were 83 boats in the Poker Run, 13 under 25 foot. Is this a normal size poker run for Havasu. We have a Poker Run coming up at LOTO and was just wondering since I have a 24 footer. DOn't want to be the last at every stop. Know what I mean. At least we would have fun.
Check out the deck boat with all the chrome speaker grills. That is one sound machine!!!
:D :D

h2oedits
06-13-2003, 03:24 AM
The poker runs attract the big boats, but a 24 would have done just fine...
Kevin

riverrunner
06-13-2003, 09:27 AM
Still haven't recieved my June issue. Probably nothing under 25' and no jets, so no big deal. I don't even know why I continue to renew my subscription every year.

superdave013
06-13-2003, 11:29 AM
riverrunner:
Still haven't recieved my June issue. Probably nothing under 25' and no jets, so no big deal. I don't even know why I continue to renew my subscription every year. What are you talking about?? They now have a performance section in the back. The last issue had a great write up on a nasty blown gas jet. Also had a few hydros too.
I think they have really stepped up in the last few issues. So much that I just renewd my subscription.

mbrown2
06-13-2003, 11:34 AM
superdave013:
riverrunner:
Still haven't recieved my June issue. Probably nothing under 25' and no jets, so no big deal. I don't even know why I continue to renew my subscription every year. What are you talking about?? They now have a performance section in the back. The last issue had a great write up on a nasty blown gas jet. Also had a few hydros too.
I think they have really stepped up in the last few issues. So much that I just renewd my subscription. I agree, over the last couple of issues, the Custom Section has really added to the magazine. It definitely gives some insight to the boats we see folks drive every weekend.

burbanite
06-13-2003, 11:36 AM
I agree superdave, this new issue is no exception...
riverrunner... check it out (http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=002838)

AquaBoogie
06-13-2003, 12:06 PM
Haven't received my June issue. The postperson (politically correct) must be reading it while on his/her route.
POSTPERSON, give me my ***boat magazine or I'll sick my dog on you! She may be a puppy, but she has a big bark.

burbanite
06-13-2003, 12:20 PM
riverrunner, you mentioned jets and I forgot to say that John Wests Ulra is also featured

eliminatedsprinter
06-13-2003, 01:21 PM
The June issue. Blown Hydros, one drag boat and some race coverage. A ton of offshore rigs, 2 reader rides and a sort of interesting article about the history of Schiada boats. HB was much better in the mid 90s. I have some old back issues and they are much better than any 02 or 03 issues.

mud duck
06-13-2003, 08:02 PM
The Ultra on the cover is for sale on their web site for only $97,900. I think I will buy two at that low price. :D

Pet This
06-14-2003, 07:22 AM
Where my issue I wanna see!I don't have a dog but there's been some pretty vicious 8 year olds running around the neighborhood I might have to sick on the postman if he doesn't give it up today!

roostwear
06-15-2003, 06:00 AM
Got the July issue yesterday and was looking through it this morning (yes, it sat for a day). The performance section is still a welcome addition, and hopefully will expand beyond the current 16 pages. Got to Rampside and was shocked by what is on page 84!
Thanks Brett Bayne and ***boat!
PS-unfortunately, we don't offer Sanger merchandise at this time.
[ June 15, 2003, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: roostwear ]

eliminatedsprinter
06-16-2003, 08:48 AM
eliminatedsprinter:
The June issue. Blown Hydros, one drag boat and some race coverage. A ton of offshore rigs, 2 reader rides and a sort of interesting article about the history of Schiada boats. HB was much better in the mid 90s. I have some old back issues and they are much better than any 02 or 03 issues. Got my july issue. It was a big improvement over june (but still not as good as they once were).
I saw the cover Ultra for sale at the L.A. boat show. I don't get it. The article makes a big deal about how it is his "keeper". But it's always been for sale. :confused: I guess the $97,000 price tag pretty much makes it a "keeper". It is stunning though. :cool:
[ June 16, 2003, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

burbanite
06-16-2003, 11:07 AM
ULTRA28:
I'm tired of owning a boat company and having to take my family out in a trade in or bum a ride off a friend becuase I can't say no to a sale. John,
loved the picture that showed the kids faces, glad to see you and them enjoying it.

Phat_Kat
06-16-2003, 11:15 AM
Sea Esta:
Just got my new issue....Great piece on the Havasu Poker Run. Mentioned there were 83 boats in the Poker Run, 13 under 25 foot. Is this a normal size poker run for Havasu. We have a Poker Run coming up at LOTO and was just wondering since I have a 24 footer. DOn't want to be the last at every stop. Know what I mean. At least we would have fun.
Check out the deck boat with all the chrome speaker grills. That is one sound machine!!!
:D :D If you want be one of the bigger boats go to the one down in blythe in august. The boats don't get much more than 25 feet and very few can break a 100MPH. I'll be running this :D
http://www.angelfire.com/pro/cow/DSC00014.JPG

eliminatedsprinter
06-16-2003, 12:04 PM
Ultra 28
Either way it looks like one sweet ride to me. :cool: If I had one like it I'd put it up for sale for a mil. :D