PDA

View Full Version : Kenny A's NEW BOAT aka SHAMELESS KITTY

spectratoad
03-13-2003, 08:50 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/307Rear_view.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/307Frontseats.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/307onthewater.JPG
Way to go Ken, Finally, now let's get going to Texas and pick this baby up!!! :D :D :D

Hallett19
03-13-2003, 09:29 PM
is that a skater ?

boatnam2
03-13-2003, 09:32 PM
id say an american offshore nsx.

Hallett19
03-13-2003, 10:38 PM
I think you are right boatnam, it looks to narrow to be a skater. I really like the front seats, look like they should be in a Ferrari.

spectratoad
03-14-2003, 08:20 AM
It is American Offshore 26'. It is sort of plain right now. He had some problems with the original dealer, ie... here is more money but I don't have a boat yet. :mad: Now this guy is just getting it finished for him and Ken is going to do the graphics, minor rigging stuff himself. He was supposed to have it last March.
[ March 14, 2003, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: spectratoad ]

Catmando
03-14-2003, 09:52 AM
American Offshore 2600NSX. I know a little bit about the problems at AO. I'm glad SK is finally getting the boat. I knew Ed Ferro would try to make it right.
[ March 14, 2003, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Catmando ]

Craig
03-14-2003, 10:53 AM
What's he running for power?

spectratoad
03-14-2003, 01:10 PM
Craig - Not sure about power, I think he said 496????
Catmando - Is Ed the former owner before this last one? I guess there are a few others that have given some money to AO and still have yet to even see a thought of a boat.

acatitude
03-14-2003, 09:52 PM
Yes its an AO NSX, running a 502/535 hp right now. had all boost and fuel pressure gauges installed for blower motor next winter, also scoop . Boat still needs some tlc to finish, swim steps sea strainer carpets cockpit cover on order. I will be doing my own graphics, but like some are aware the last owner of AO took about 300k of peoples money and they have nothing to show for it. I was lucky that I was persistent in going to texas and demanding pics during construction. Ed Ferro finished boat for me(thank you ED) He is the original owner of AO, and may take it back over , not sure, but AO's are a good solid fast rough water boat. Yes catmando Ed stepped up to the plate even tho listening to him rag on everything can get to you at times as you know if you know him. ANyways I'm just glad to finally have something to show for my money, it may be slow and drab this year but it will at last be here. The blower motor is sitting in garage smiling. test ran at 5400 rpm swingin 26 prop but gps didnt work so I dont know what the speed was, actually i really dont care at this point. Ready to go to texas todd, lets boogie dude?

Catmando
03-14-2003, 11:56 PM
spectratoad:
Craig - Not sure about power, I think he said 496????
Catmando - Is Ed the former owner before this last one? I guess there are a few others that have given some money to AO and still have yet to even see a thought of a boat. Ferro bought the Chris Cat molds from a Chris Craft auction in the late 80s. He formerly owned Commander boats. He sold Commander to Sy Singhal and moved to Grand Lake, Ok. where he started American Offshore. He then moved the company to Dickinson, Tx. south of Houston where it is now.
He sold to Art and Steve DinicolAntonio, who then sold it to Scott Hutchinson, who came over from Emerald Powerboats. Details from then on are sketchy, but Hutchinson almost FUBAR'ed the company. Looks like Ferro is back in charge.
The Chris and Shadow cats were designed back in the '70s by George Linder and were raced offshore in APBA and SBI for years. Heavy boats but great in the rough stuff. Slow in calm water. Ferro lightened up the hull and made other changes to the helm area and cabin.

acatitude
03-15-2003, 08:44 AM
You are right on catmando, the chris molds are the AO 31, not the 26 I believe, correct me if I'm wrong.
Scott is the thief, and I actually got a call from a guy in luisiana where Scott was trying to run another scam. It amazes me that guys like that are out running free, not in jail where they belong. If I ever had a dream come true it would be to go around a corner and see mr scott there. I would get my moneys worth from that piece of shit. anyways the boat is coming home soon. Ed is a different kinda guy, but I have to say he stood up and helped. Art wasnt a very good business man, im sure as there is a lot more to the story regarding him and scott.

acatitude
03-15-2003, 08:47 AM
and actually Ed is not in charge yet as Art and scott are dealing in court. ed just took back the building where AO was, as it was his, and put all the AO stuff in a corner. Ed is doing some work on the AO,s to finish them i believe and is working on or has robs ao from florida

boatnam2
03-15-2003, 08:50 AM
scott seemed like such a nice guy but it sure dont look like he was,i have had my own ao horror story,kinda like ao and getting f--ked go together.

Catmando
03-16-2003, 05:02 PM
BC,
I've heard that the 2600 is a Talon splash or an eliminator splash, don't really know. One thing I DO know is that the modern-day 3100's are excellent boats, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one(if I could afford it). My first cat ride was in a 3100 with Ferro himself driving. I loved it! :)