PDA

View Full Version : Which boat bumpers to use?

TheEduKATor
07-16-2003, 02:18 PM
Can anyone help me out. I remember a post on here a while back about someone using something other than the traditional boat bumpers when hooking up with other boats. On their post they said they bought them at a toy store, but I wasn't sure what is was that they bought. I know it wasn't the WalMart brand, or the suction cup ones. If anyone remembers can you please help me out. I have the soft bumpers and they are scuffing up the gel coat pretty bad. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

SCUBA STEVE
07-16-2003, 02:25 PM
Serious? That is the first time I heard someone say their gel is getting scuffed by the fenders (bumpers)
It was hot diggity dog, who said to buy hippity hops at toys r us. I am not sure if he was joking or not.

NastyOne
07-16-2003, 02:26 PM
I thought it was RD and he said to use the big red bouncy balls. The ones you sit on with the handles. :confused:

NastyOne
07-16-2003, 02:27 PM
Oh ya........Scubas right. :D

bigriverdog
07-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Toys-r-us has them. They are actually childrens jumping balls with a looped handle built in. I've have mine about three years and they work great especially on a dock with cleats. The handle will stretch over the the cleat and keeps the boat of the dock well. They were about $8.00 each and come in different colors, don't remember the actual product name.

HalletDave
07-16-2003, 02:29 PM
Steve,
I think the hippity-hops would work good. Just a liitle too large to carry in the boat while inflated. Or Overtons has some 20 inch diameter buoys for a pretty cheep price. They are the inflatable type.
Have to bring a pump and inflating needle.
HD

SCUBA STEVE
07-16-2003, 02:36 PM
HalletDave:
Steve,
I think the hippity-hops would work good. Just a liitle too large to carry in the boat while inflated. Or Overtons has some 20 inch diameter buoys for a pretty cheep price. They are the inflatable type.
Have to bring a pump and inflating needle.
HD I was thinking they very same thing. Kind of big to keep stored inflated. I bought those hull huggers from overtons, they work ok on there own, better with the og fenders.

NastyOne
07-16-2003, 02:36 PM
Seems like only four of them would take up a shit laod of space. (inflated)

Reaper1
07-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Polyform - HTM Series.

H.B. Brett
07-16-2003, 03:01 PM
That's a bitchin idea about the Hippity-Hops. A friend bought the ball shaped buoys but they started taking the color off his boat. They work fine on mine. The Hippity Hops are pretty soft. I'm going to pass the info on. Does the color come off on the boat?

jlnorthrup122
07-16-2003, 06:26 PM
The hippidy hops were more for hazing the ladies!!
you gotta consider the source "hot diggity dog" :D :D :D :D

VillainDave
07-16-2003, 07:53 PM
Well the last time I had to tie up I used two of these fenders they were $70.00 at Overtons and you can buy them as long as 9ft and They fold smaller for when they are not in use.
I never had a problem with these. The only problem I did have was mine were stolen so now I have to buy a new set!
Part# is 34905
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/77534905M.bmp

SCUBA STEVE
07-17-2003, 05:59 AM
VillainDave:
Well the last time I had to tie up I used two of these fenders they were $70.00 at Overtons and you can buy them as long as 9ft and They fold smaller for when they are not in use.
I never had a problem with these. The only problem I did have was mine were stolen so now I have to buy a new set!
Part# is 34905
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/77534905M.bmp I have those 2, kind of a pain to tie up and keep them level. Then I got those suction cup tie up things, no problems now. :cool:

hot_diggity_dog
07-17-2003, 06:02 AM
Original quote by jlnorthrup122:
you gotta consider the source "hot diggity dog"
Hey jlnorthrup122,
WTF are you refering to "you gotta consider the source" :rolleyes:
I'll repost my thread so you don't get confused. :rolleyes:
Original thread by HDD
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog on June 02, 2003 02:19 PM How to tie up on the big weekends
First of all if you tie up to other boats in crowded places and don't watch the other boats every moment then you will most likely get a ding or scratch at some point of the season.
The Hot tip is buy 4-6 Hippity hops from Toy's R Us.
These work great.
I use the regular big fenders for the normal weekends and the Hippity Hops on the big weekends.
I usually keep them deflated and fill them on the boat for storage purposes.
HMMM Didn't see any hazing of the ladies here! :rolleyes:
HDD :cool:

RiverToysJas
07-17-2003, 06:25 AM
I found this one on ebay you might be interested in....
http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_7bf9866a6f9b8d0763c8f17c6c7f9d1c/i-1.JPG
It's powered by a 2hp honda motor....oh wait....did you say boat bumper, or bumper boat??? NEVERMIND! :p
RTJas :D

NastyOne
07-17-2003, 07:12 AM
RTJ, That thing is sweet! Did u buy it? How much did they want for it? Thats going to be the hot thing to cruse the channel in. :D

SCUBA STEVE
07-17-2003, 07:38 AM
hot_diggity_dog:
Hey jlnorthrup122,
WTF are you refering to "you gotta consider the source" :rolleyes:
I'll repost my thread so you don't get confused. :rolleyes:
Original thread by HDD
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog on June 02, 2003 02:19 PM How to tie up on the big weekends
First of all if you tie up to other boats in crowded places and don't watch the other boats every moment then you will most likely get a ding or scratch at some point of the season.
These work great.
I use the regular big fenders for the normal weekends and the Hippity Hops on the big weekends.
HMMM Didn't see any hazing of the ladies here! :rolleyes:
HDD :cool: That was the og post, I think the thread ended up a little different. devil :D

Desert Rat
07-17-2003, 07:44 AM
This Kind!!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/152C1-med.jpg

jlnorthrup122
07-17-2003, 01:50 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey jlnorthrup122,
WTF are you refering to "you gotta consider the source"
I'll repost my thread so you don't get confused.
Original thread by HDD
These work great.
HMMM Didn't see any hazing of the ladies here!
HDD
Awh shit I'm sorry I thought you were on the level! :D :D Here will this help J/king!! :D :D :p

hot_diggity_dog
07-17-2003, 01:56 PM
Awh shit I'm sorry I thought you were on the level! Here will this help J/king!! Hey no worries,
just got to watch my back, as you never know when someone is calling you out around here. eek! :D :D
HDD :cool: