PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland, a happy place?

Ntwotrance
09-05-2003, 01:19 PM
Talk about being plagued with problems...my kids were on this ride 2 weeks ago, and said that the ride got stuck for 2 hours...wonder if that was an indication that something was wrong.... http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=5&u=/ap/20030905/ap_on_re_us/disneyland_accident

Ntwotrance
09-05-2003, 01:24 PM
LOL, sorry to beat you to the punch...been keeping up with it since it hit the wire...they've had some pretty bad luck the past few years with the rides...

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-05-2003, 02:01 PM
Bordsmnj is an electrician and is currently doing work at Disneyland. Its a little scary to have some inside knowledge of the condition of some of the rides there. eek! eek!

JetBoatRich
09-05-2003, 02:11 PM
What a tradgedy, go out for a day of fun and one of your family members never comes home :o
Your heart can only go out for them

Trailer Park Casanova
09-05-2003, 02:38 PM
Disneyland came under deluxe critizism about a year ago over cutbacks in their ride maintenance.
Inside track and other Disney enthusiast related rags came down hard on their cutbacks, and who does the work, and when.
Don't know how true it is. Someone is always bitching about something.
Shit happens.
[ September 05, 2003, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

Boozer
09-05-2003, 02:42 PM
I heard Space Mountain is closed until 2005 because they are renovating it and even adding a loop. Is this true?

Trailer Park Casanova
09-05-2003, 02:48 PM
A couple of Disney watch groups that bitch about everything Disney does claim that Disney closes big rides to; 1, save operating cost, and 2, keeps more people out spending money.
Don't know how true it is, but they are adamant about it and won't back off their argument.
They also claim The Matterhorn is closed more days of the year than it's open for the same reason.
If ya think about it,, it's usually closed.
Saveing operating costs, and keep people circulating spending money. Maybe their right.
www.doombuggies.com (http://www.doombuggies.com)
www.tellnotales.com (http://www.tellnotales.com)
[ September 05, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

Kilrtoy
09-05-2003, 03:18 PM
Bordsmnj is an electrician and is currently doing work at Disneyland. Its a little scary to have some inside knowledge of the condition of some of the rides there.
Dont hold out
DO SHARE, Maybe you'll save one of our lives

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-05-2003, 03:24 PM
Don't ride rides at Disneyland! j/k Its just that rides are old but they are slowly upgrading, like Space Mountain right now. Tea-Cups are good, they were just re-done!

totenhosen
09-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Boozer:
I heard Space Mountain is closed until 2005 because they are renovating it and even adding a loop. Is this true? Go to mouseplanet.com

HalletDave
09-05-2003, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE] You guys are picking on disneyland here!! The happiest place on earth. Even if there is a dead guy on main street, he's a happy dead guy.
LMAO
:D
HD

What's Poppin'
09-05-2003, 03:32 PM
I am with Dave on this one...Let's be realistic..What are the odds? And he probably is a happy dead guy. :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-05-2003, 03:37 PM
Official Disney statement says the death was due to a heart attack, not the ride derailing.

bordsmnj
09-05-2003, 03:37 PM
ok,lets see if i can shed light. it was wispered to me (3rd hand at around lunch time today) that there has been an accident on thunder mountian. from what i was told either the lead train came off the track or it came un coupled from the rest of the train or both. space mountains "tear down" was moved up in schedule six months after a routine inpsection reveiled more wear then they expected. the intire ride is being dis mantled shipped back to the mid west some where to be completely rebuilt anew. it's my understanding that the coaster is gonna be the same but the part where you wait in line is gonna be different.
this is just my own personal understanding so forgive if i'm wrong in anyway
in other news the old teacup ride has been completely redone with new wire controls automated lighting cups you name it. we finished that project at the begining os summer. our current gig is rewiring an old building-big time.
so in being over the last year or so doing work on a regular basis and seeing what is going on there i'd say disney ain't exacly cheap in the up keep department. i must add though that i have no idea what it was like in the past.
it sucks for us that we were out bid on the space mountain dealeo. but i will be getting some o.t. at the magic kingdom witch greatly enhences my boating addiction :D
my condolences to friends and family of the poeple who got hurt today. thats gotta suck and i'm sorry to hear of their misfortune. god speed to them.
[ September 05, 2003, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: bordsmnj ]

HalletDave
09-05-2003, 03:39 PM
Official Disney statement says the death was due to a heart attack, not the ride derailing.
What a relief, I know I'll sleep better tonight. :rolleyes: :D
HD

Trailer Park Casanova
09-05-2003, 03:42 PM
When my kids were little, the Pirates ride was closed and the kids asked why?
I told them the police came in, hooked up the pirates and hauled them off to Jail.
Months later it came out that they believed me,, and were wondering if the pirates were out of Jail yet.

bordsmnj
09-05-2003, 03:43 PM
did they say anything in their "official statement" about the other 7 peeps that got hurt?just curious i won't be able to check out the news untill late tonight.

bordsmnj
09-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Trailer Park Casanova:
When my kids were little, the Pirates ride was closed and the kids asked why?
I told them the police came in, hooked up the pirates and hauled them off to Jail.
Months later it came out that they believed me,, and were wondering if the pirates were out of Jail yet. that's funny :D
whats even funnier is that they made that ride"politicaly correct".WTF! :confused: :D

What's Poppin'
09-05-2003, 03:47 PM
Hi Jason, :p they said the others had minor injuries, nothing serious...

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-05-2003, 03:48 PM
bordsmnj:
did they say anything in their "official statement" about the other 7 peeps that got hurt?just curious i won't be able to check out the news untill late tonight. Why won't you be able to check the news until late night? Gotta a hot date or somethin? :p :p

VillainDave
09-05-2003, 03:52 PM
So if you're the attendant what do you say to the next folks in line!

Trailer Park Casanova
09-05-2003, 04:01 PM
A couple of Imagineers that are in my rollercoaster club tell that after a fatality, the attendance goes up for the next several weeks. Especially the next day.
Just a few facts of the Big Thunder Railway:
It's the first computer controlled coaster.
Up to seven trains can run at the same time.
The speed of the trains can be computer controlled by bias signal to the "fail on" braking system.
Tubeular tracks invented and patented by Disney, first used on the Matterhorn.
Boogie wheels under the track, supposed to keep the cars on the track.
www.mouseplanet.com (http://www.mouseplanet.com)
[ September 05, 2003, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

Cs19
09-05-2003, 06:33 PM
i was on that ride a few days ago. jawdrop

CEO
09-05-2003, 07:27 PM
My wife and kids were there yesterday evening on that ride. After they got off Thunder Mountain, the ride was shut down. That is way to scary. How do you go to Disneyland with family and friends and come back with less people then you started out with. Can you imagine telling the poor family, that their child died at Disneyland? The horror, Prayers out to the family

hack job
09-05-2003, 08:43 PM
i used to work at disneyland ( 4 years) and i can tell you form first hand expericance that they were lacking in some departments . but most of the time they went out of there way to make sure that the park was safe. ( when i put carts in the park it had to be done before the park opened and after it closed. carts like bevrage and food) when i stocked those carts we had to have two people to do it because of the fact that they wanted to make sure there guests were safe.
in the time i worked there i only saw one accident and that was with the kellel boats ( after wards they removed them) the boat tiped over and people ended up in the river no one was hurt ( the people recieve a big check to keep there mouths shut) any how the thing i wouold worry about most if how clean the resturants and carts are not . i can tell you for fact some scary stuff about those carts. eek!
i will no longer eat off them lets say. wink
i would say that the matterhorn is closed more than it open cuase it have two retavations ayear most of the ride only get one.( reason its clsed more than others is due to the fact that it is sinking in to the ground ) also the fact that they have been redoing all the tracks in the ride every season due to the fact they dont want a insadent. i would see that space mountian is closedd due to retovations they redid all of tomorrowland with touching space mountian and now its time is up they are going to make it better is all i get out of my buds that work there to this day.
hope i brought some insite to the this little mistery.
wink

hack job
09-05-2003, 08:45 PM
oh by the way i have a season pass and go quite often. the only prob i see with the park now is the amount of low lifes they let in there . "i cant feed my kinds or put them in school but i can spend lots of money at this place" :confused:
and the fact that spanish is like the first language on most of the rides now. :mad:

Trailer Park Casanova
09-05-2003, 10:25 PM
hack job:
the only prob i see with the park now is the amount of low lifes they let in there . We too, have had season passes for years.
The low lifes are locals that live along West and south streets, and a few less than deluxe neighborhoods in Santa Ana ( not Fullerton ). Hence the police substation at the McDonalds across the street.
The parents find that the $110 special annual pass get them outta the house, and the police become their babysitters.
I sh*t you not!
[ September 06, 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

faster
09-05-2003, 10:53 PM
Trailer Park Casanova:
hack job:
the only prob i see with the park now is the amount of low lifes they let in there . We too, have had season passes for years.
The low lifes are locals that live along West and south streets, and a few less than deluxe neighborhoods in Fullerton. Hence the police substation at the McDonalds across the street.
The parents find that the $110 special annual pass get them outta the house, and the police become their babysitters.
I sh*t you not! Try Santa Ana and not Fullerton. wink

hack job
09-06-2003, 07:25 AM
faster:
Trailer Park Casanova:
hack job:
The low lifes are locals that live along West and south streets, and a few less than deluxe neighborhoods in Fullerton. Hence the police substation at the McDonalds across the street.
I sh*t you not! Try Santa Ana and not Fullerton. wink i would go with santa ana aswell! wink

Trailer Park Casanova
09-06-2003, 07:33 AM
faster
[/qb]Try Santa Ana and not Fullerton. wink [/QB][/QUOTE]
You're right I got that wrong. (180 degrees off)
I believe Santa Ana is the highest crime rate in the US from time to time.
I've wanted to take a job on the Jungle Cruise and get fired for not sticking to the script.
Then, as tradition has it,, swim the length of the ride.

Boozer
09-06-2003, 07:36 AM
I haven't been to Disneyland for 3 years now. Honestly, it was so expensive the last time I went that I do not miss the place at all. I do however miss Magic Mountain. Our 6 flags here sucks big time.

Sandbar Junkies
09-06-2003, 03:34 PM
I work at the happy place on earth almost every week. They visually check all rides every night. The roller coaster tracks are filled with air, so if they get a stress crack or a weld fails the air presures drops and they shut the ride down. Disney does alot for safety, but mechinical parts fail and accidents happen. It's sad someone got hurt and another killed but I bet it's still safer than driving a car. My prayers go out to there familys.

jet496
09-06-2003, 09:02 PM
Standing in line for 45 minutes for a 2 minute ride, huge crowds, gang bangers all around the exterior of the park, no parking, shitty food. Yea, that sounds like fun.
Magic Mountain's even worse. Gang bangers shot a couple people a week after we were there. They were everywhere inside the park & out. The darker it got the more there were. I couldn't believe it. One asshole & his chick were having sex in line in front of my kids & the whole park. 1-2 hour waits in line (I guess sex would be a good way to kill time, but not at a family park). Why people think these places fun, I'll never understand. They even travel thousands of miles for this shit.