PDA

View Full Version : Accident in Palm Desert

Catatonic
05-19-2003, 06:33 PM
My buddy and I were coming back from a great weekend at Havasu last night and found ourselves the 2nd or 3rd car on the scene of a rollover crash just west of Ramon Road in Palm Desert. I ran over to help and found the driver ejected from his Explorer about 50 feet from the truck. I called OnStar from the Suburban and they were right on the scene. I just wanted to know if any of you guys who are Police or EMT's out there know what happened to the guy.

HBjet
05-19-2003, 06:37 PM
I want to say good job for stopping to help! And where you happy with the response from using the OnStar?
HBjet
[ May 19, 2003, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

WETDAWG
05-19-2003, 06:57 PM
I second that Good Job catatonic!
I give you a fiver for that
I know what it is like for people to just pass you by, Major accident or not you are aces in my book :D :D

rrrr
05-19-2003, 08:14 PM
Catatonic:
My buddy and I were coming back from a great weekend at Havasu last night and found ourselves the 2nd or 3rd car on the scene of a rollover crash just west of Ramon Road in Palm Desert. I ran over to help and found the driver ejected from his Explorer about 50 feet from the truck. I'm an old focker, just saw 45 in the rear view mirror. I just want to tell you all that I have attended several funerals that were a result of a BS rollover accident. The common denominator? No seatbelt. If you are in a rollover, the ejection path is followed by a large hunk of steel.
Wear your seatbelts. Please.

Catmando
05-19-2003, 08:30 PM
From one Cat to another wink five stars. :)

JetBoatRich
05-20-2003, 03:37 AM
Great job stopping and helping, I agree shot you 5. :cool:

spectratoad
05-20-2003, 04:19 AM
Good Job. I have been first on scene for a few and you will not believe what you mean to that person you are helping. Thumbs up! :D

Free Agent
05-20-2003, 03:02 PM
The higher the tow vehicle and the lower the drop on the hitch the more leverage the trailer has to take control and roll ya.
Same principal as using a pipe over a pry bar.
It's that easy and happens all the time.
Fatals real common too.
In addition to the accident you mention was a another involving a lifted Ford Truck with a toybox in tow.
The toybox fishtailed in the wind, took control of the truck and it rolled,, all were ok according to a friend that stopped..
This incident was West of Whitewater.
Friend returning from the dry lake runs stopped and helped and said all were ok.
[ May 20, 2003, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Free Agent ]

Thunderbutt
05-20-2003, 03:08 PM
Good goning Catatonic, we need more like you on the road. 5 UP

Catatonic
05-23-2003, 07:38 AM
Hey thanks all. Sorry, I have been on a business trip and haven't responded. Yes, I was very happy with the OnStar service. I don't pay the monthly subscription service because the EMS service is free. Growing up in the snow county of Pennsylvania, I have been on the scene of a few accidents but it was my first actually seeing a guy get pitched from the car. It was pretty surreal.