PDA

View Full Version : My daughter's first car - happy day

Jungle Boy
07-27-2003, 05:42 PM
With all this posting of favorite cars, boats, first car, first boat, I figure that I can post a photo of my kid's first car. She is turning 17 in a couple of days and I wouldn't have had time to get her a car on her birthday, so I got it for her before I left for work a few weeks ago. Now I have free driver take home service any time. She's actualy happier than she appears, she's just trying to look cool for a buddy that was there! :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/259F10100231-med.jpg

jlnorthrup122
07-27-2003, 06:48 PM
well jungle first off we need to get a breathalizer installed :D Then we need to get a governor istalled! :D And once all that is done we need to hook up a black box that moniters everything that goes on with, in or around the car! :D :D OK OK I will explain: I have daughters of my own and I am extreamly protective of them, I can't help that it runs over to other dads that I encounter!! :D

burbanite
07-27-2003, 06:53 PM
Last year I watched my 17 year old drive away from my house in her first car, all I could do was shake my head.
Your first real taste of independence...I remember it myself....

NorCal Gameshow
07-27-2003, 06:54 PM
you've gotta like the free delivery service :D we got our daughter a little malibu so she could cart herself and her sister around :D school, dentist, ortho, club meetings no wonder i put so many miles on my truck....

gigamurph
07-27-2003, 07:06 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that is a Cavalier; is it not? I'd like to pass something on to you and your daughter about the Cavalier. They DO NOT float nor do they make a good SUBMARINE! My Daughter found out the hard way last March; and the insurance company totaled it! The water only got to the bottom of the seats, but they said that when it gets that high, it ruins the electronics and isn't worth fixin'. So, just tell her to stay away from water deeper than 10" and she'll be fine! Great lookin'kid; but who is that with her? :D

FLYIN VEE
07-27-2003, 07:10 PM
Great car dad. I guess this is what me and the MRS. have to look forward to. Our daughter just turned 8 we still have a few years to go. :D :D

ROZ
07-28-2003, 12:02 AM
Damn, you mofo's are OLD :p :D
My daughter is only 4, but I'm thinking of getting her car now. By the time she's 16, I should have the entire car covered in reflectors eek! :D

Freak
07-28-2003, 03:19 AM
Nice homestead you have there Jungle. Big sky, no smog - I'm jealous. Congrat's on the new ride.
[ July 28, 2003, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Freak ]

Jungle Boy
07-28-2003, 05:24 AM
Freak:
Nice homestead you have there Jungle. Big sky, no smog - I'm jealous. Congrat's on the new ride. It is nice there, but the trade off is WINTER. But winter is fun too if you sled and ski. :D I hope that she don't try to use the car as a boat. She's getting her license for a boat soon and then she'll be able to take to old boat for a cruise instead. eek!

Boozer
07-28-2003, 08:01 AM
Jungle Boy:
Freak:
Nice homestead you have there Jungle. Big sky, no smog - I'm jealous. Congrat's on the new ride. It is nice there, but the trade off is WINTER. But winter is fun too if you sled and ski. :D I hope that she don't try to use the car as a boat. She's getting her license for a boat soon and then she'll be able to take to old boat for a cruise instead. eek! You Canadians have to have boating licenses?
Just how cold does it get there in the Winters. Colorado gets cold but I bet we have summer like winters in comparrison to yours. I don't see how people can stand to live here that don't ski/snowboard/sled. If it weren't for those things I would lose my mind in the winter time.

Jungle Boy
07-28-2003, 08:24 AM
Boozer, I'm sure that our winters are very comparable. The far north get nasty but where we are at ain't too bad. As far as a boating license goes; It's a written license that applies only to people born before 1980 something. I don't need one until 2007, I think. It's actualy a good thing and was implemented after all the boneheads on jet skis kelp ****ing up and killing them selves. It teaches the common sense rules, right-a-ways, colors of bouys, safety stuff ect. It teaches new boaters that there are actualy rules!! :D eek!

Boozer
07-28-2003, 08:34 AM
Jungle Boy:
Boozer, I'm sure that our winters are very comparable. The far north get nasty but where we are at ain't too bad. As far as a boating license goes; It's a written license that applies only to people born before 1980 something. I don't need one until 2007, I think. It's actualy a good thing and was implemented after all the boneheads on jet skis kelp ****ing up and killing them selves. It teaches the common sense rules, right-a-ways, colors of bouys, safety stuff ect. It teaches new boaters that there are actualy rules!! :D eek! I like that idea. The PWC guys are getting out of hand. Usually I see them doing stupid things but yesterday was bad. At the lake I went too they have a HUGE area probably almost half of the lake that is a no wake zone. Yesterday PWC's were flying around going crazy in the no wake zone one guy got se fed up he knocked the shit out of a PWC'er. Told the guy to board his boat the guy did and BAM! Knocked his ass out. The PWCers buddies went and found a state Park Ranger on the water and told em what happened The park rangers made the PWC'ers leave and left the other guy alone. Maybe if those would have had some kind of training they'd no that you don't go flying through no wake zones, especially when you have boats scattered all over with people swimming around.

HOOTER SLED-
07-28-2003, 08:38 AM
Jungle Boy:
Boozer, I'm sure that our winters are very comparable. The far north get nasty but where we are at ain't too bad. As far as a boating license goes; It's a written license that applies only to people born before 1980 something. I don't need one until 2007, I think. It's actualy a good thing and was implemented after all the boneheads on jet skis kelp ****ing up and killing them selves. It teaches the common sense rules, right-a-ways, colors of bouys, safety stuff ect. It teaches new boaters that there are actualy rules!! :D eek!
HMMMMM. What a concept, you think maybe we could do that down here and there won't be as many idiots on the water?? HMMM, HMMM. No, that would be too easy. :D :D Hey, make sure you have that damn fishing license when you go on the lake though. Wouldn't want any outta control angling going on. :D Way to spoil the daughter JB. And thank you for buying our American product. :D

canuck1
07-28-2003, 10:59 AM
jlnorthrup122:
well jungle first off we need to get a breathalizer installed :D Then we need to get a governor istalled! :D And once all that is done we need to hook up a black box that moniters everything that goes on with, in or around the car! :D :D OK OK I will explain: I have daughters of my own and I am extreamly protective of them, I can't help that it runs over to other dads that I encounter!! :D I would think that the first part of this post would apply to JB first

canuck1
07-28-2003, 11:03 AM
Great little car I bet she is happy. Too bad that there is a little fat guy blocking the view of the car :cool: . Call me when you get back we have a bunch coming out to the lake on the long weekend so come out a few days early and catch a sunburn on the beach with us

N:ck
07-28-2003, 11:13 AM
boating license = implied consent to breathalizer tests (OUI) = easier for cops to revoke both your land and water licenses
The cops probably aren't so cruel in Canada though. :D
[ July 28, 2003, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: N:ck ]

canuck1
07-28-2003, 11:22 AM
Actually the lisc keeps anyone under 16 off them and keeps the let me try it ones off also

Jungle Boy
07-28-2003, 11:40 AM
canuck1:
Great little car I bet she is happy. Too bad that there is a little fat guy blocking the view of the car :cool: . Call me when you get back we have a bunch coming out to the lake on the long weekend so come out a few days early and catch a sunburn on the beach with us I resemble that remark!! :rolleyes: Which lake? Koocanuso? We are heading down to Fernie on Sunday and will be on the lake Monday morning. I have to assemble the pump and test the race boat on Saturday.I also have to go through the 19' to get ready to go houseboating, so Saturday is very busy.
:)

Chase
07-28-2003, 11:45 AM
Sweet little ride...I bet she will enjoy it to the fullest & I am sure she thinks you are the best Dad out there..
[ July 28, 2003, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Chase ]

HammerDown
07-28-2003, 11:51 AM
Suggestion if I may...have her lock her cell phone in the glove box when driving wink !

canuck1
07-28-2003, 11:59 AM
Wasa, 15 min north of Cranbrook. We are heading out thurs and will be back in sept. You might not be able to get to Fernie on the #3 as of last night the Crowsnest fire was just the other side of the ridge and could be over if the winds keep up. The smoke was real bad last night coming home So I'll keep you posted