PDA

View Full Version : TEMECULA MARINE?

NEW 2 RIVER
07-13-2003, 07:11 PM
Any one ever use this shop? As usual I waited until 1 week before leaving for Havasu and had them do my service.My boat had some running and stalling issues and needed a 50 hr service.He blamed the performance on gas and the new Cal gas laws.Any one else have this problem?
Just checking because it seemed like he blamed everything on the Ca gas and I heard them tell another customer the same thing while I was there.

TPI
07-13-2003, 08:43 PM
I personaaly have never delt with that shop, But mercruiser has sent out a few service bulletins regarding gas. They say it will lose its octane in only a few weeks. Also, it only takes a little drop of water in the gas to make a motor sputter and die. If you have ever filled up while in a marina, I guarantee you took a little bit of water. Water in the gas and one season old fuel are both bad news, especially if you are running a high perf motor. Its Only my opinion, I am sure you will get more of them.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-14-2003, 10:41 AM
I live in the area and have never heard of the shop. However, my parents had a problem with water in the gas of their Seaswirl Spyder and after numerous filters, pumps, EFI crap and $$$$, my dad figured out that the problem was in the design. The vents to the gas tanks were placed in an area that allowed water to come in while driving the boat. He relocated them himself and hasn't had the problem since. He thought for months it was water in the gas from the marina tanks.

H.B. Brett
07-14-2003, 10:53 AM
Getting gas at the dock the first few weeks of summer tends to be a bad idea as well. The gas in those tanks has been sitting for a long time more then likely. All you can do is use seperators and change them as needed. My boat isn't too pickey.

SLOWRIDE190
07-14-2003, 01:32 PM
i have used him since he opened up 4 years ago. he started up as " land and sea marine " in murrieta, then changed names after he moved to temecula a coulpe of years ago. he has always done me right,and is the best in the area. i haven't been too impressed with pro marine in elsinore, or empire, which is up the street from mike. (temecula marine) he is pretty busy now, i was in there last week getting some parts.

skygod73
07-15-2003, 04:23 PM
If it's the old Land and Sea, I would not use them again. I took my old boat in for a 20 hr service and they tried to tell me 2 of my bellows needed replacing and some other bogus items needed repair. I told them to put it back together and I drove it to the dealer I bought it from. The boat had 25 hrs, the bellows were not cracked, nor were the other things they said it needed. It's been 3 years so I don't remember all the details, just that I saved around $300 bucks by getting a second opinion. Now I do all my own service work, because I don't trust the shops. Your luck may be better.

BoatFloating
07-15-2003, 05:45 PM
Mike at Temecula Marine (aka Land & Sea) has always done me right. Gas is a problem if it sits for a long time. The best way to see if he does good work is have him ddo the service and see if you are happy with the service. he takes digital photos of all the areas he is doing work in. When he did my drive service he took pic's of drive lube to show me it was in good shape.

NEW 2 RIVER
07-15-2003, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the replies.I changed the fuel/water seperator and ran dry fuel twice and this seemed to remedy the problem.Also had to leave rear seatbacks down to bring more fresh air into engine hatch.Any one know how to remedy this problem?
Thanks

Catatonic
07-16-2003, 07:20 AM
Mike Smith and his shop has always done me right. Mike and his old partner actually gave me a chance to drive their Factory I Warlock back in the 2000 APBA season with Mike working the throttles. I took my boat into Mike a few weeks ago because the temp gauge was reading hot and Mike could have easily sold me a few new parts. Instead he told me what to take apart and check and along with additional input from "Zuumer", everything worked out well.

Waldo
07-16-2003, 08:16 AM
If the gas in your tank "loses" octane, can you add an octane booster or other fuel additive to help?

duffster
03-19-2004, 06:40 PM
Today Mike at Temecula Marine did full service on my Bravo-3. And I got to say very clean work. If you live in the area give him a try its better that driving to Riverside aka BFE.
Temecula Marine 909.693.3313

CustomCruiser
03-19-2004, 08:07 PM
I've had my boat worked on by Mike at Temecula Marine. He has done me right in the past. He is a certified Mercuiser Master Technician and is very knowledgeable about stock Merc engines and drives. I know last year he was making "house calls" to the Canyon Lake area, so you might not even need to drag your boat down there.

Lightning
03-20-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Waldo
If the gas in your tank "loses" octane, can you add an octane booster or other fuel additive to help?
You can add octane boost to help the situation. Also, when you store your boat, you can use a stabilizer. My buddy uses PRI-G and is really happy with it.

Dribble
03-20-2004, 09:29 AM
He blamed the performance on gas and the new Cal gas laws. Any one else have this problem? .He blamed the performance on gas and the new Cal gas laws.Any one else have this problem?
Just checking because it seemed like he blamed everything on the Ca gas and I heard them tell another customer the same thing while I was there.
Where the outrageous cost of gas is due, in part to the mandated clean air formula, there are one hell of alot of boats, dirtbikes drag cars, Corvettes, Vipers etc. running just fine on CA gas. He needs to look elsewhere for the problem. My boat is running great