PDA

View Full Version : Rescue California

Coach
06-22-2003, 10:24 AM
All Californians need to get a petition and sign it and have your friends and neighbors sign as well. Gray has got to go!!
Your car registation will triple next year as it is. I can't pay $1400 a year for a car. WTF!!!
rescue california (http://www.rescuecalifornia.com/)

woodster
06-22-2003, 11:41 AM
They said the average will be 130 bucks per vehicle more.Dont worry your regs wont cost you 1400 bucks.But i do agree we need him out!

comin' unscrewed
06-22-2003, 11:46 AM
I too agree that early retirement is an excellent choice for Gray Davis. But surely you must realize he's only the tip of the iceberg?!
[ June 22, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: comin' unscrewed ]

MagicMtnDan
06-22-2003, 11:53 AM
woodster:
They said the average will be 130 bucks per vehicle more.Dont worry your regs wont cost you 1400 bucks.But i do agree we need him out! Not to disagree with your post/information but the registration costs are back up to where they were before they were lowered. If you're driving a newer, more expensive vehicle, you'll be back to making HUGE payments just to register your vehicle(s).
Compare this to other states where it's a mere pittance to register your vehicle(s) each year.
The sucking sound you hear is our state's "leadership" draining our wallets and our state of companies that are leaving to go to more business-friendly states.
GREY DAVIS MUST GO! Sign the petition to recall Grey Davis

woodster
06-22-2003, 02:11 PM
MagicMtnDan:
woodster:
They said the average will be 130 bucks per vehicle more.Dont worry your regs wont cost you 1400 bucks.But i do agree we need him out! Not to disagree with your post/information but the registration costs are back up to where they were before they were lowered. If you're driving a newer, more expensive vehicle, you'll be back to making HUGE payments just to register your vehicle(s).
Compare this to other states where it's a mere pittance to register your vehicle(s) each year.
The sucking sound you hear is our state's "leadership" draining our wallets and our state of companies that are leaving to go to more business-friendly states.
GREY DAVIS MUST GO! Sign the petition to recall Grey Davis I realize they will be back up to where they were before but my point was that they wont be 1400 bucks a year.Get the mofo out of office..now!

BP1330
06-22-2003, 06:20 PM
The administrative order he signed will TRIPLE your registration. Pretty easy to figure out. This year I pay 280 next year I will have to pay 840.

eliminatedsprinter
06-23-2003, 12:27 PM
I agree with Unscrewed, Davis is just the tip of the iceburg.
We must find away to wake people up to what the far left (Dems) are doing in this state (ie over 200 new tax hike proposals, inc pushing for new local income taxes).
These people have Gerrymanderd themselves pretty well in. We must find a way to beat them in any close districts. We must send a message to any moderate Dems (if there are any in Ca) that they too will pay if they cont to let the far left wing run the state. Booting out Davis is just about the best start we could get in this situation.
P.S. I'm still registered as a Dem, but I doubt I'll ever vote for one again.

v-drive
06-24-2003, 03:51 AM
Unscrewed is right and as tax paying citizens and voters we need to wake our government up. kicking Davis out is a positive start and needs to be done.I urge everyone I know and see to sign this petition. burningm v-drive

Dave C
06-24-2003, 08:06 AM
Already signed long ago, along with all my co-workers.
Davis has got to go.
Many of my small business clients complain constantly about how unfriendly this state is to business.

BiggusJimbus
06-24-2003, 09:43 AM
Hey BP,
Take a look at your bill.
One line item is the registration. One is a License fee.
That part will go back to being 2 percent of the purchase price of the vehicle, and decline (ever so slowly) after that.
There are other fees that will not change, yet.
Davis is a buffoon. He wouldn't be governor now if we were give a choice by the Republicans that wasn't that bag of hammers, Simon. They had the perfect chance to make some headway in the state and picked the dumbest guy they could.
So we got Davis again. That was about the most painful election choice that I can remember.

Phat_Kat
06-24-2003, 09:49 AM
I have figured out that Gray Davis supports terrorism. He is rapidly raising school standards because the dumbshit fell behind. This causes many kids to feel depressed because they can't hold solid grades and they go into drugs. A good lot of money goes to..... Terrorists! Yes I have too much time on my hands but when you think about it... it does kinda fit.

Lady Rat Attack 1
06-24-2003, 10:31 AM
I'm right there with all you others. I never voted for him in the first place. Signed the petion LONG AGO.. Get him OUT NOW..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Seadog
06-24-2003, 12:22 PM
An op piece in the Tulsa paper had GD losing $46.8 billion in a year and half, increasing state spending 36% and having the state downgraded to around junk bond status. You guys are so lucky to be the vanguard state for the Democrats. Maybe you can find that he is actually a citizen of France and ship him there.

sam pioske
06-24-2003, 06:12 PM
Remember ? People voted him in not once but TWICE
dumping him might start something!!

06-24-2003, 06:29 PM
If this recall is sucessful it just might start a voter revolt like prop 13 did 25 years ago. Too bad the 13 revolt didn't go further, it was a good start but only a start. It did wake up some politicans to the fact that the taxpayer was pissed off and we did something about it. Unfortunatly the powers that be cut spending in all the areas that hurt us the most, police, fire and public services. They were punishing us for controling their spending of OUR money. Recalling Davis is just a start. We need to recall the whole damn bunch of 'em. burningm

bordsmnj
06-24-2003, 10:33 PM
yuh,it gets harder to leave the river and come home after a weekend in AZ after seeing good roads clean air etc. Me and the old lady had a discussion today about goals and the question came up of where to buy or first house after we work our asses off to save for the down payment. well i don't think it's gonna be in CA! when i was a lot younger i remember this satte used to have a SURPLUS for the longest time. some folks even got rebate checks from the extra money that the state had laying around. makes me ****ing mad to think about all the stupid shit these burro-cratic asses have done to **** it all up over the last couple years. burningm

v-drive
06-25-2003, 04:04 AM
I was watching the news last night and they said we only have half of what is needed to put it on the ballot and that has to be done by September. Now if we have the full amount by July 16th it speeds up the process dramatically. I apologize for not knowing how much more but I got called away and missed the rest of the broadcast. Of course we know he got voted in twice and I still don't believe it but even those people know (I hope) we have to do something. If you live in California you know this is bullshit I'm going to walk malls this weekend and get people to sign a petition.Every one of us knows we should be doing more.
burningm V-drive
[ June 25, 2003, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: v-drive ]

eliminatedsprinter
06-25-2003, 08:46 AM
sam pioske:
Remember ? People voted him in not once but TWICE
dumping him might start something!! Not to change the subject, but what is that great looking OB? :D
V-Drive
The news is putting out old numbers, we already have 3/4+ what is needed.

v-drive
06-25-2003, 12:39 PM
es, so you're saying we have over six hundred K?
What is the deal if we have it by July 16th? :confused: v-drive

summerlove
06-25-2003, 01:04 PM
I'm not a big Gray Davis fan, but the lowering of the vehicle registrations was done under the prior administration of Pete Wilson. That money was specifically earmarked for cities:read municipal services including law enforcement, fire protection, etc. While the state lowered the registration fees, they did not stop the flow of $ to the cities so that they could continue to operate as usual. Now, fast forward 6 years, and at $4B/ year, we'd have $24 of the $29 B needed from the deficit, so as I see it, the schmuck who casued the problem is long gone and the right wing spin is alive and well with blame Gray Davis for all evil campaign. Now, as I said, I'm not a big fan of his, but I don't think recall is appropriate, so no, I won't be signing.
PS: The electric deregulation was good 'ole Pete's as well! Gray inherited it. My $.02

Seadog
06-25-2003, 01:40 PM
Summerlove, electrical deregulation works very well under the right rules. What GD and cronies did was to allow only partial deregulation. CA has put out a lot of crap about how the energy companies screwed the state, but the reality is that the state's incompetence left little other recourse. Yeah a few greed heads pushed the limits, but most of the energy producing states have had an earful of CA's "You can't produce your dirty electricity here, but we want it for less than anyone else" attitude.

summerlove
06-25-2003, 02:06 PM
Seadog:
I agree - but it wasn't GD that set up the rules - It was the Pete Wilson adminstration. The deregulation passed the state legislature by a vote of 80-0 and the state senate by a vote of 39-1. Gray Davis wasn't even governor then. You can't blame him for screwing it up. And BTW, ENRON DID screw california! That said, I still am not a big fan of his (GD that is).

v-drive
06-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Yes summerlove PW did lower vehicle registration but only after he raised it for awhile to generate some much needed revenue. When that was done he brought it back into line. No this one is on GD and his cronies :D V-drive
[ June 25, 2003, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: v-drive ]

06-25-2003, 03:57 PM
summerlove:
Seadog:
I agree - but it wasn't GD that set up the rules - It was the Pete Wilson adminstration. The deregulation passed the state legislature by a vote of 80-0 and the state senate by a vote of 39-1. Gray Davis wasn't even governor then. You can't blame him for screwing it up. And BTW, ENRON DID screw california! That said, I still am not a big fan of his (GD that is). Maybe Enron screwed Calif but paybacks are indeed a bitch. This all started when Ca. told Enron to take the long term contracts for elecricity and stick 'em where the sun don't shine so Ca. could purchase power on the spot market [at that time spot market prices were competitive] this put Enron in a very tight bind as Ca. was its only major customer, this almost bankrupted Enron. The CEO @ Enron took no salary or bonuses for 18 months until the co. got back on its feet. Ca. was locked in to the spot market now because Enron told Ca. to piss up a rope, you ****ed us so now we are ****ing you. Grayout Davis has a big chance to head off this disaster when San Diego went thru their brown-outs and high prices and GD did nothing except keep paying the extremely high spot market price. He took a 12 billion dollar surplus and turned it into a 38 billion dollar deficit. In my opinion he lied to us about the deficit [28b vs.38b] and he is a lousy businessman. He's not qualified to run the state and should be removed at once. :mad:

eliminatedsprinter
06-25-2003, 03:58 PM
summerlove:
Seadog:
I agree - but it wasn't GD that set up the rules - It was the Pete Wilson adminstration. The deregulation passed the state legislature by a vote of 80-0 and the state senate by a vote of 39-1. Gray Davis wasn't even governor then. You can't blame him for screwing it up. And BTW, ENRON DID screw california! That said, I still am not a big fan of his (GD that is). The energy fiasco was grossly mishandled by Davis.
However, it is but a small part of the overall problem. Despite the dot com failures and the nations economic slump, CA's revenues have actually increased by over 20% over the last 4 years and inflation for the same priod has been only 6% (total). We should be in very good shape.
However, Davis and the far left wing of our states legislature have recklessly increased spending by approx 40% during this period. Our states spending deficit is larger than all the other states combined and our state legislature is still passing looney laws that will only reduce revenues further and ^ spending even more. burningm
It's so nutty :confused: it looks like they are actually trying to drive out all those nasty affluent republican types, so they can have an impoverished solidly democratic welfare state to run forever. devil