PDA

View Full Version : Jacked up week...

MAXIMUS
09-22-2003, 10:39 AM
Well I thought about it and decided to share my 5 days off with the "boys" for the Red Rock event. Arrived in parker wednesday afternoon with 4 boats, 2 flats & 2 jets! After wrenching on a newly rigged sanger wednesday evening, & all day thursday, we were ready to head to the event. I called Havasu Barney & told him we would be at foxes by 5:00 pm. On our way up the sanger broke & I stayed to fix it. Needed some parts so headed back down river. About a mile later I happen to notice no oil psi (nice)! So now I too am floating. After 2 hours of floating we get towed in. Friday the cole looses oil psi, & on saturday the last boat running sinks in front of the trailer after a off shore boat cruises by!!! So moral of the story... SHIT DOES HAPPEN! I hope besides the terrible tragedy that the event was fun for all. Maybe next year I will try again? :confused:

dimarcobros
09-22-2003, 10:44 AM
Wow what a tough week. Sorry to hear about it but at least you made it back alright. Were you able to get the boat up that sank?
DMB

MAXIMUS
09-22-2003, 01:10 PM
Yes I towed it with a 25' daytona up & down the river while my friend bailed the water out. It took about 20 mins & one hell of a load on the out drive & engine! eek!

sorry dog
09-22-2003, 01:52 PM
About a mile later I happen to notice no oil psi I'm glad I don't have that problem anymore.
Sorry your weekend sucked.
[ September 22, 2003, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: sorry dog ]