PDA

View Full Version : ziemans boat trailers

ed bullock
01-06-2003, 06:29 PM
any one know about zieman boat trailers ? bought a crown line with a triple axle zieman trailer. beautiful trailer to look at but is it a quality trailer ? thanks ed

Back To Havasu
01-06-2003, 07:42 PM
Had a Zieman trailer under a Chapparell 21' boat for five years. I think they are a quality production trailer. They aren't a custom showpiece, like an Extreme, Competitive, R & S, etc., but they are a value-priced solid trailer. Just my $ .02. :cool: :cool: :cool:

ed bullock
01-06-2003, 07:55 PM
thanks for the reply. i never heard of them before so i didnt know if they were junk. feel alot better now that i have this info

mbrown2
01-06-2003, 07:57 PM
Buddy of mine has a Zieman under a new Crownline 20 LPX...I am not sure on how they are built, but it is a very good looking trailer...He has had no issues with it either.

roln 20s
01-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Our Malibu ski boat sits on a Zieman trailer. Ours is a 1995, and at that time they did not make a tubular trailer, which I think most of the new ones are. The only problem we have had with ours is the trailer brakes aren't the best: they require a lot brake fluid, they aren't disk! The V blocks on the front of the trailer are placed perfectly, so the bow eye would cut the wood blocks everytime no matter what depth we put the trailer in. But we made a fiberglass block and don't have those problems anymore. To summarize, our trailer isn't the best, but considering that it is 7 years old and the boat has about 600 hours, we really can't complain--IT STILL WORKS! I think the new ones are 100% better.
ONE COMPLAINT: customer service at their phoenix factory (when we needed it a couple years into our boat) SUCKED. They are the slowest people, don't return call and just don't care.
REMINDER: these are all based on our 1995 trailer, not the new ones.
Good luck
Roln 20s
PS- Just a quick question: do you own Bullock Marine?

ed bullock
01-06-2003, 09:43 PM
thanks for the reply. this trailer has disc brakes so this may be a plus. it sounds like its not going to fall to pieces any time soon. no i do not own bullock marine. i have visited the web site and it looks like they have some choice boats.

24RODjr
01-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Following this line....our Cheetah sits on a Zieman. We've had 3 blowouts on the same tire on the tandem-trailer. Sound like an alignment issue?
-Chris

ed bullock
01-06-2003, 09:50 PM
i will watch the wear on the tires thank for pointing this out.

DogHouse
01-06-2003, 09:56 PM
24RODjr:
Following this line....our Cheetah sits on a Zieman. We've had 3 blowouts on the same tire on the tandem-trailer. Sound like an alignment issue?
-Chris Nah, sounds like the driver keeps running the right side tires off the road!!! :D
Just bustin' your chops there RodJr... The original bias ply tires on my Cheetah/Hoss/Zieman trailer wore out right away. Once I replaced them with radials all was good. The Magic rides on a Zieman, very nice piece except for the paint, which is dull and chips easily.
-brian

NEW 2 RIVER
01-06-2003, 10:09 PM
Zieman is not a bad trailer for the money.I have one and have only had 1 problem (electrical issue)
Im sure it will serve its purpose.

Dusty Times
01-06-2003, 10:14 PM
I've got a Competitive. Not very impressed with it or their customer service. Stopped in to the Zieman factory in Havasu and although I didn't own one of theirs they were helpful with everything I needed.

Uplink
01-07-2003, 12:16 AM
I've had a couple of these trailers. No major problems. Only problem myself and friends have had is the ground on the tail lights assemblies. They corrode easily and you will think the bulb has burnt, but its always the ground. The guys at the Whittier, CA factory have always been way helpful.
<Mark> smile_sp

BoatPI
01-07-2003, 07:34 AM
I have seen about 200 Ziemans. None has failed in a weld, etc. Strong stuff for thwe price. Some plants now powder coat the trailers. As far as service, each plant is seperate in attitude. My experience is the same as the boards, Whittier and havasu are very frendly. Havasu will strip and paint any brand trailer in the slow season. Very fairly priced.

HCS
01-07-2003, 07:44 AM
I use to build boat trailers for Cooks . Ziemans as good as anything else I've seen.
[ January 07, 2003, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: HARDCORE-SKI ]

River Ric
01-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Hey Guys, My buddy next door has his awesome 27' Advantage Victory on a beautiful triple axle Zeiman trailer. He has had it for 2 years and no complaints. Big tires and nice wheels. Chrome fenders too. It's painted fire engine red to match his color scheme on his boat.My first Waverunner trailer was a Zeiman. That was 13 years ago and my little brother still uses it all the time. Good Luck with your new toy!! :D :D :D