PDA

View Full Version : Hot boat at the show

bchbum
02-16-2003, 06:38 AM
We stopped at the ***boat booth at the show . My kids got stickers , they wanted $2.00 for a keychain floater .All the other places were giving them away .I know they said they don't make any $ from us readers but don't nail us at the shows.

Mandelon
02-16-2003, 06:48 AM
It would have been cool if they at least had some freebies for subscribers!

Mohavekid
02-16-2003, 09:56 AM
The only freebe you get is the t-shirt.
Oh, wait. They say you get those free, but they just never seem to show up in the mail. Hmmmm.
:mad:

Beautiful Noise
02-16-2003, 10:49 AM
Mohavekid,Was that your Shirt I got in the mail I wasn't sure who to Thank :D :D :D wink
Steve

andy01
02-16-2003, 11:10 AM
bchbum:
We stopped at the ***boat booth at the show . My kids got stickers , they wanted $2.00 for a keychain floater .All the other places were giving them away .I know they said they don't make any $ from us readers but don't nail us at the shows. They have to make money to pay for this web site that cost them so much money! :D j/k
Andy

JustMVG
02-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Every time i have stopped by the Hot Boat booth, it always seems like the people manning the booth are bored and could care less about the visitors to the show. Ask a question and they give you a "why are you bothering me" look, tell them your a subscriber and they just give you a "thats nice now run along" attitude. no freebies nothing, not even for the kids, no not the adult type, but the real kids. I like the magazine but the customer service stinks. Mike VG

Duke
02-16-2003, 02:59 PM
they gave me a free copy of their magizine. i didnt see any stickers, and i saw the floating key chain for $2 too..

bordsmnj
02-16-2003, 05:25 PM
my girlfriend got the keychain for free!(gotta have cleavage i guess) But boy was that guy lost when i asked if anyone from the boards had stopped by."what?what boards? hot boat has a web site?"(probably due to the cleavage) :D

1Bahnerjet
02-16-2003, 05:34 PM
Mohavekid:
The only freebe you get is the t-shirt.
Oh, wait. They say you get those free, but they just never seem to show up in the mail. Hmmmm.
:mad: Always got my T-Shirt But I really think its time they up dated the design ( the colors seem 80's ) or maybe show Flatbottom, Jet and Hydro? wink
======================
Drive what you own and like what you Drive

bordsmnj
02-16-2003, 06:01 PM
well,i hate to sound like a whiney @$$,but i wanted to buy a hot boat shirt and thought pretty much the same thing about them being waaaay too eightys.PINK and PURPLE?? that guy seemed kinda bitter when i asked him if he had any men's shirts.Oh well :rolleyes:

XTRM22
02-17-2003, 06:44 AM
I know, I'm way to "pro" Hot Boat, but I go to the show planning to renew my subscription,so I can get my t-shirt in person. They gave me the shirt, some stickers and the 2.00 key chain with my renewed sub. My buddy did the same thing and they gave him an extra t-shirt for his daughter. I thought they were real cool, maybe early on Sat. morning they hadn't got bored and surly yet wink .
Chuck

mbrown2
02-17-2003, 08:43 AM
They gave me the floater for free

HOSS
02-17-2003, 09:33 AM
At my booth for the WorkBoat show. We had free beer. Most everyone did. Especially Fridays! ***boat had nothing to give out? You Cali boys don`t know shit about advertisement. Of course freebies do sometimes go along with beautiful women.
can`t remember which manufacturer it was. They had the hammer and bell deal. Ring bell get shirt. Cool. I think it was Cat but could have been detroit or even Mack. Just like at the fair.