PDA

View Full Version : Gasoline, Batteries & Storage

RJ Nordic
04-22-2003, 08:26 PM
I'm planning on keeping my boat stored in Havasu this summer in an enclosed garage. Understand it gets rather hot inside there. burningm
What do you recommedis a good procedure for keeping fuel in the tanks? Full/empty/stabilizers?? I'll most likely only be able to use the boat every other weekend. How about the heat with the batteries??

rivercrazy
04-22-2003, 08:42 PM
The most dangerous thing about gas are the fumes. To minimize the fumes, keep the gas tanks as full as possible. Stabil is a good additive to keep it fresh between trips.
Heat is also very hard on batteries. If you can, get a automatic battery charger that turns on and off. THat way it will keep you battery fully charged and that will make em last longer

21rayson
04-22-2003, 08:57 PM
watch out for charging the battery with the boat cover on and if you do make sure that you air the boat out before you do anything.hydrogen and gas fumes can be a very dangerous with a spark.

77charger
04-22-2003, 09:07 PM
as far as fuel getting old i dont think every other weekend is a prob.Mine will sit in boat for a month no prob when i use(its only a 350 mag in stock form).Be sure you have no loose seals in the fuel system.