PDA

View Full Version : San Diego early May

Sea Esta
04-22-2003, 06:05 PM
Will be out in San Diego May 8th,9th and 10th. :) Wife has a convention to go to. She said I had a free day on Friday to play. :D Looking for any suggestions. Where might I be able to check out the water scene and possible see some nice boats. Anyone off that day that may want to show someone from the midwest what CA has to offer???? :D

little rowe boat
04-22-2003, 06:07 PM
Mission Bay

Ziggy
04-22-2003, 06:08 PM
To bad timing is off slightly...Off-Shore races in Oceanside(No. San Diego co.) May 2,3 and 4th.
COme Early!! She'll understand. :D

Sea Esta
04-22-2003, 06:13 PM
Wish I could come early but our flights are booked. frown

beyondhelpin
04-22-2003, 07:26 PM
Lots to do. Hang out on Mission Beach and watch the girls, go to Tijuana, rent a car and run down the coast highway in Mexico and stop at every cantina and have a Margarita. Follow road till you should no longer drive. Find a beach off the beaten path and sober up. Used to do that all the time when I lived there. Called them Margarita runs!! Make sue you get Mexican insurance for the car at the border. Bringing back memories.
Stop and have some tacos off one of the street vendors. Those alone will beat any Mexican food you can get in Mid West. Go by Robertos or Albertos and have a carne asada burrito. Definitely go by Rubios and have a fish taco. You cant go to SD without having a fish taco. I know what you are thinking but they rock! I sound like a compulsive on the food but I miss the Mexican food there!
You have the Embarcadero down on San Diego Bay. There is the French Quarter downtown, Old Town, the zoo, and Balboa Park and a lot more.
To me the funnest things to do are at the beach and Mexico. As many times as I went to Mexico nobody ever gave me any problems. I went alot and acted the idiot numerous time still no hassles.
PS Havasu is about 5 hours away. Have fun!